Erroneous Payment

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Jul 25, 2015 at 5:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was recently paid by BMS in error. I am no longer with BMS. BMS is asking for the money back. I have already spent it, yuck! Would you pay them back? What happens if I don't repay? Will they send the case to collections? Will I get in trouble? I know repaying is the right thing to do but it will be hard for me to repay it. Don't they have to suck up their mistake?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a fake post. Why would anyone reach out on this site for legal advice?

3. stall

stall Guest

Maybe not as "fake" as one may think. At a previous company (one that BMS bought awhile back) they made an "overpay" error in bonus to us in the field. We were told that the company decided to "eat" the mistake and in that case, we didn't have to pay it back. Have to admit, it was a classy thing to do.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your credibility was blown away by your incorrect use of the impersonal pronoun. 2/10

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You missed the whole spirit of the message. By you reply, it comes as no surprise either.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have the same problem, they sent me a check for $800,000 as my final bonus, then had the gaul to ask for it back. I told Giovanni fuck you and kept it.