Enterprise years?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jul 19, 2016 at 11:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone please explain to me why marketing can't afford to send us Bydureon demo pens (for those of us who are training and certifying on it now) because it's the "Enterprise years" but yet I am STILL required to take food to providers every day through August? Yes, every day. Is everyone still having to do this crap? I will gladly trade some of my cupcake money for a demo pen to practice with.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your manager has the ability to move money around. Guess he thinks cupcakes are more important than device trainers. Haha.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We waste money needlessly on programs every day but they won't cover out cell phone or home internet bills? Cheap asses really know how to prioritize and destroy morale.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be careful with the frequency of meals. The FDA is looking at all of it with a lot more scrutiny. Huge compliance violation.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a required initiative from our CBD, maybe higher. Activity and amount spent is tracked weekly in a spreadsheet to "diabetes leadership." Daily events are required, no exceptions. More than 1 per day, if possible. I agree...seems to be a slippery slope with compliance but you get in trouble if you don't turn in enough "activity."

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Delivering food is not a selling activity. So what we do is deliver food and fake a bunch of calls because all our boss cares about is that we spend our budget. The food receipts are all we need to cover for the faked calls. It is all such a scam.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's very simple really. AZ talks the talk but doesn't really give a rip about AZ people or compliance. Falling back to the just throw money at it routine to get docs to let you in the door. FDA really needs to do a surprise visit to AZ and shut em down. Just like putting your hand in a bucket of money....

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, delivering food is one of the only selling activities left. Why else would a Doc want to see you - for the valuable new treatment information you intend to provide?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How exactly is that different than giving an office coffee mugs and pens? This whole thing is a scam that drives up the cost of medicine and if it doesn't influence a doctor's prescribing then why are we doing it?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company wastes so much money and doesn't care for its people, don't you get it yet?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the culture is awful at this company... There are plenty of pharma companies that treat their people well and give many more perks. If the current leadership doesn't wake up they will lose many and that will hurt when the company falls behind on sales goals from lack of field presence.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. Already looking.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No need to look for another company with a better culture, because there are no significant differences at all. What we have going for us now, we just made it through a layoff with no more in sigh, and the entire sales force has embraced the ALL DAY LIE tradition at AZ. The ALL DAY LIE is well known in management, and is ACCEPTED as being the norm now. We are extremely lucky!

I don't know a single rep that works anywhere close to a full day, but numbers are still acceptable. Go with the flow, look if you want to, no harm in that, but as for me, I'll work my 3 hours a day and enjoy life.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

really not sure why if hired post merger people would hang around especially if a rep. No real pension and few if any stock options.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They tell you to bring food every day because it works. It works and was proven in the JAMA article from about a month ago. That is why no one will ever change in leadership. Food and samples and off to the next building. That moves scripts and there is no reason to try to educate reps on any other topics. Do the route, walk in the door, cater, sign, depart. There it is. Life of a rep and will never change until the day they take your car keys.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our region was told three a day. THREE A DAY. Everyday. This really can't be our strategy…can it?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes it is Sherlock. Did you ever wonder why you never had ANY required training once you left the first one on anything. We just got a new hire in our district and I think she went through a couple weeks and knows nothing other than the brand story because all she has to do is bring lunch and samples and shake her sweet nothings. At least this was an old school hire as she is smoking hot. I would let her in a few times myself. Some things will never change because it works. Pretty rep, samples, lunch, lather rinse repeat.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A new hire that is "smoking hot". How unique. All I would want to see of her, is the top of her head going up and down.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They learn that on day one of training and then have to swallow to pass their final.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

EXACTLY!!!
    You nailed it.
    AZ should be reported for telling us to buy food everyday. A major violation for sure.