Endoscopy Interview

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Oct 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a face-to-face next week with the RM. Can anyone help me out? I really want this job.

I am not completely qualified, 3+ years very successful dental and one 1 year successful medical.

If anyone can offer some actual advice I would really appreciate it...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How'd it go? Grahamisaacson@gmail.ccom

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude.... it was 3 years ago

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't worry about qualifications here. Former copier sales reps, wine reps and college baseball players staff this sales force. Boston will teach you the science, you just need to be cool to get the job!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have a pulse you're qualified. Your only "competition" is a joke and you have to be a complete idiot not to be able to sell against Cook.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BSC reps sell? Aren't they just order takers? It's safe to say the quality of the reps has gone downhill the last several years. Pete Theirl is still a douche bag as well.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sell, take orders, however you want to spin it. The point is Cook is a joke.

I don't even know what that last sentence is supposed to say.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am not sure what is so difficult about the last sentence. Pete Thierl is still a douchebag. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What sport did he play in college? BSC reps are the equivalent of college cheerleaders in Pharma Sales.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have zero idea why every boston rep doesn't have their compensation cut by 75% because their job isn't to sell. It's to enforce their corporate bundling contracts that their corporate reps set up for them. If a boston rep could actually sell, that nasal ablation device would've gained some traction by now. But, it hasn't. And when push comes to shove when your compensation takes a hit because it isn't selling, you jump ship. Keep lying to yourselves boston reps thinking you've done a great job; when in fact its the pacemakers and other specialties bundled together that's keeping your business in the endo world afloat. I wonder what would happen if Medtronic came out with a therapeutic access device for ERCP's and general GI products. That would just be a crazy rumor...right?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medtronic is already KILLING them with the Beacon Needle and the BSC reps have no idea how to defend it other than bundling it in when they give away Spy DS. As far as Bronchial Thermoplastic goes, its a great idea but they over paid for the technology and with zero reimbursement, no one is buying it. All they do it rely on contract compliance to keep business safe. They are order takers, nothing more and nothing less. Mike Jones is a buffoon and his boy Petey walks around giving him HJs to keep him happy.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a face/face next week and unlike all the whiners here I want this job quite badly. Medical Device is rough these days and Boston is still a great brand name and I for one would feel privileged to be a part of a legendary Corp. I've been a very successful Device TM for many years in multiple categories, and it's humbling to see many of counterparts go the way of the dinosaur. Remember gang you will get older too someday so appreciate the opportunities you have been presented with and take them seriously before you find yourself displaced like many many before you. I'm interviewing for a Cleveland based role if anyone would care to share advice. Thank you and good luck to all!

14. Mike A.

Mike A. new user

Good luck

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BSX is a good company. "Legendary Corp?" You're really drinking the Kool-aid. And, most successful reps move on from this entry level opportunity. They usually hire kids from Enterprise, ADT, Gallo, copier salesmen, etc. and train them up.Turnover is high, as the pressure comes down if you come in light for a qtr or 2. But, you live in Cleveland, so this is a pretty good opp for you. Maybe after 2 years you get out w a transfer or promotion. Good Luck.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck fitting in with the clique that's runs rampant in that division. When you interview, just mention you will bundle everything in a Flex agreement to screw customers and they should hire you on the spot!