end of year performance rating system

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I totally get it. I also totally get that I wasted my time doing extra work. My manager led me on early in the year to believe that extra work and recognition will take me places with the possibility of an excellent rating above 3. If COE ranking is the only basis for anything above 3, managers should stop making false promises, quit teasing, and start assigning extra work equally to everyone in the district.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quit agreeing to extra work. Look at all your old, jaded teammates who already know this. They learned the hard way it doesn't matter. Poor youngster, you're figuring it out.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you think those old veterans with gray hair survived all of those years? The secret at AZ is to be as neutral and as invisible as possible. Standing out or trying to stand out will eventually be seen as a threat to someone in a position to damage you and your career. Never trust anyone and most importantly, never trust anyone from the Wilmington home office. Never answer a loaded question like, " What do you think of so and so?" This is a setup and your answer good or bad will be used against you. Just answer, "I don't really have an opinion." Be as neutral and as invisible as possible.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is anyone getting stocks this year?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are incorrect. I work in HQ, and have been award mid 3 and top 3 multiple times. A mid 3 was target base bonus and target RSU's. A high 3 was 2-4% more bonus and RSU's.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. I have never received anything over a three and was awarded RSU several times over the years. No lie. Not sure what it is like now but in the past you could get a "3" and still receive stocks .

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are looking to get into a promoted position, there is a valid reason to do the extra work. Your manager might be actually trying to help your career...if that is what you are looking to do. But, as was said before, the company is trying to take out the subjectivity of the ratings which I think is a good thing. The battles that used to take place between managers fighting for their rep to get a better rating than the other reps were not pretty, and not a fair system.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After many years of visiting CP on a regular basis, the quoted post is by far, hands down, the best I've ever seen on here. The author's sincerity shines bright and his words of wisdom are so simple and basic, yet not very many people in AZ conduct themselves anywhere near what you advise. Thank you for sharing such an inspiring post. If only every AZ person would heed your advise, we can actually all get along.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After many years of visiting CP, I must say that the quoted post is by far, hands down, the best I've seen on here. The author speaks from his/her heart and the words of wisdom shared can't be truer than they truly are. If only every AZ person would heed your advise, we can actually all get along. One advise I would add is for everyone to mind their own business. Also, leave well enough alone and don't throw your coworker under the bus. Let us pray.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just remember....when you are swimming with sharks....DON'T BLEED!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No way is there a mgr w/no field sales experience. I call bs.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you kidding there are dozens that's what is wrong

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you serious? I was part of the training effort for field sale leaders (former DSMs). There absolutely are mgrs w/o sales experience.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Laid off HQ mgr here. No awareness of self review at my level but explanation is spot on. Also, future ref, when you get laid off it is common to get screwed on final review, if you have one, so that rating will be a 2 regardless of performance. This is to free up available bonus pot money to spread to those remaining employed. Hard to contest it if you aren't there. Know it was done and it was just done to me.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What else would you expect from this hellhole? Integrity, Fairness and Common Sense are not recognized here.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And therefore the company fails.

It took a hell of a lot longer than anyone would have thought, but with cash cows like Prilosec / Nex, Toprol-X, and so many others (none of which have even come close to being replaced) there was some momentum and borrowing power.

Crazy but the stock still has value. The market can remain irrational a lot longer than the average investor can remain solvent. So don't sell short, but whatever you do, don't buy long AZ shares. They will be worth far less in the future.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you read the Sunday paper today you may have seen the editorial about how most great companies have abandoned the fallacy of year end reviews and write-ups including the place that started these awful things and bragged how they got rid of 10% every year (GE). Now we know that real companies ask people to talk and tell and relate and share their work and value and progress all the time.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, what if you're a COE winner? Would it still be impossible to get the highest rating of 5? To me, it should be a given, if 70% of rating is "performance". Bottom line, I've heard real living COE winners not even being awarded the highest rating.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Address that with your manager. If the other portion was high rated, ie if your development wasn't like a 2, then it should be automatically a 5.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I won COE this year and was awarded a 4. I also didn't receive LTIs. Seemed crazy to me, but what do I know, I'm a lowly rep. At the time that I was told what my raise/performance rating was, I didn't know that I had won COE. It's all so mysterious... the way they award performance ratings and LTIs.