EEOC Filling and your rights to lawsuit against Abbott

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by anonymous, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All,

As of now we have over 48 IT workers who will file OEC on Abbott on April 25th. This is a free service and completely anonymous process. Your name will not be used and Abbott can not use it as backlash against you. Sara will do this for free and this will set the motion for investigation on discrimination. You have a right to go after Abbott & WiPro based on Race, National origin and age discrimination. You are going to be replaced by H1B visa workers your job is not eliminated. The folks that they have brought in now through WiPro are just temporary place holders. Please contact Sara Blackwell for details and join your 48 IT workers to show Abbott you care about American workers and help close the H1B visa loopholes!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No unemployment benefits, No Pension, No medical, No Job Looks like a tough road ahead Just ask the Abbvie MOLE

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Talk from an Abbott paid troll. Abbott thinks that its ok for them to break the law and not be held accountable. Why else would they try and force the employees to not file suit. If Abbott has nothing to hide then why have line 6 and 7 in the agreement? Don't give me the malarkey that it's standard as that tells me and everyone else that they always do something wrong or illegal.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have no case. Stop believing the media.You're an "at will" employee and can be terminated for any reason ( besides EEOC matter ) at anytime. You also can quit at anytime without notice. Learn the law and don't rely on attorneys who will motivate you to do nothing in terms of job search. There's no pie in the sky Sorry Good Luck and join the millions in the same boat as you. Everybody wants to sue,It's the ruination of America and drives prices up and causes massive job losses

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said on the greedy attorneys. This attorney dinner is like a time share walk through.
    Looking for vulnerable people to take advantage of at a time when they aren't thinking right.
    To get severance you MUST sign off. It's standard procedure. If you don't sign off then you'll get nothing in severance. If you do sign off then there's NO chance of winning any litigation that would drag on for YEARS.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As all of you impacted IT workers are aware, Abbott HR on Monday (4/11) offered impacted IT workers lump sump amount on their severance package if they sign up with Wipro. You have noticed that there has been no written notice about this offer. They are hoping that you will sign up with Wipro so that you can waive your rights on suing Abbott. Please be smart and sign up with Sara for a class action lawsuit. This case is very publicized and you have Senator Dorbin's backing. Sara is patriotic American who is after restoring American jobs and stop the corporate abuse of H1B visa. You will have a great chance in this lawsuit. Abbot has their IT security folks and HR monitoring this board and they try to dissuade you with crap talk!!...You will win this case.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody's trying to sway anyone. We are offering advice. When lawyers and politicians are involved in a matter like this LOOK OUT. They have nothing to lose and have political and monetary motive. The employees have everything to lose and little to gain. Do what you think is best for your current situation. If you live paycheck to paycheck then be careful. If you have a nest egg to fall back on then it's a different story. Research this type of case online and you'll see your chances are slim to none. If I were Abbott I'd just FIRE you and not offer Any chance to continue work. Consider yourself lucky.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And another thing, Abbott and Miles and ALL major Pharma has the system "in their pocket" Politician AND attorneys are bought and sold. Especially in a case like this.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey know it all, Before you try to be something your not and mislead affected persons .....I encourage everyone to read this progression report of the Disney RICO suit
    http://www.law360.com/articles/750970/h-1b-racketeering-suits-against-disney-face-uphill-battle

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just so you folks aren't misled PLEASE read and research further. Nobody's a "paid troll" Just don't like to see anyone jump the gun because an attorney planted a seed into someone's little narrow mind

Walt Disney World and two consulting firms are facing racketeering suits over an alleged scheme to replace U.S. workers with H-1B visa holders, but experts say the plaintiffs face an uphill battle, as conspiracy claims can be tough to prove and a key labor attestation issue might devastate their cases. The debate over alleged abuse in the H-1B visa program was given new fodder Monday when two former Disney workers hit the company with proposed class actions in Florida Here in the H-1B context … this is the first time I've seen it, and it's certainly a highly unusual type of claim,” said Alka Bahal, an immigration attorney with Fox Rothschild LLP. “But it is something that's available to individuals in civil lawsuits, so I can see why they're giving it a try. But I don't think it's going to be successful."

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Successful or not doesn't matter. Taking them to task in court is what matters. Just because Abbott is powerful and has political influance is not going to deter me nor make me coward out. It's the clasic David vs Goliath, The People vs The Oligarchs. You could call me stupid or whatever you like but your just raising my determination level.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is exactly why Americans need to rise up and put an end to this corrupt system.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody's calling you stupid. i would focus on moving on to better things. When one door shuts a better one opens. Positive actions and thinking bring positive results. Remember this, Pride comes before a fall. I don't want to see you fall. Have a blessed Day

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Consider myself lucky?? You've got to be joking. I would rather drink gasoline and piss into a bonfire before I would ever consider working for Abbott again. I have no problem losing everything and even my life for the common good of America and my fellow Americans. I'm not a selfish pig like Miles and the rest of his cabal. That is what defines an American and those are the values I hold dearly. There is also a thing called "Crowd Funding" and I'm sure the vast majority of my fellow 98% of Americans will come to aid and join in the fight. Remember that Americans NEVER cower away from a good fight against evil just like my 94 year old great uncle that served in WW2.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I fully appreciate your advise and I could tell you have a great heart and I thank you fot that. If the H1B and L1B abuses continue there will be no other door to move on to. The time to fight is now and that is a positive step in the right direction for the benefit of all. It's not about pride as I have none. It's about doing the right thing which is always the hardest thing to do. Trust me as I have fallen many times and picked myself back up only to become even stronger so I'm not afraid to fall.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could you just imagine what it would be like today if it weren't for the courage and determination of Dr Martin Luther King to fight the powers that be? I most certainly could not.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh please spare me your phony baloney. What drives up prices and job losses is every time the leadership in the companies decide to up their bonus and their pay. Tell me why do the CEOs need so much money for? Why do they need millions upon millions upon tens of millions for? Abbott is not hurting for profits so why the layoffs? The wastefull spending that occurs at Abbott far exceeds our pay all the way through retirement. That is what causes higher prices and job losses you fool. The ones that are ruining America are the very ones that are the so called leaders not me.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And so what, does that mean I should stick my head up my arse and do nothing about it? You sound like a coward to me that would back stab your fellow countrymen for the benefit of yourself. I dont care what the risks are I'm going full steam ahead.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those millions in the same boat are quite a lot of people to join the fight.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just like Abbott's attorneys right? Or are they morally different? I don't think so. "Standard procedure" is a lose term used as a smoke screen so your not fooling me. They can keep the dog scraps of a severance. They are the ones that will stand to lose more than me in dragging it on while I disparage them every chance I get.