Drug screening and background check for new employees

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Academia? Ha.

Unless you're a full fledged FT tenured professor its like a part time consulting job.

Try getting to that FT level.... is like a needle in a haystack!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Merck is full of bums. Those waiting to get fired and those newly hired who are looking for another job. Newly hired usually get pissed when they realize they are doing all the work and cannot ever collect the same pension the bums will get.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dumb remarks.

Bums? Newly hired doing all the work? Kids not collecting pension like the "bum" other reps?

You is one wacky dude... what u smokin'?
    Most people here are hangin' on to dare jobs like it's the end all, be all...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wanted to know if Merck calls or emails references for pre-hire.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Merck still conducting urine drug tests? Or, have they switched to hair tests? Not everyone is a drug addict. Some people have true medical issues in which medical marijuana was prescribed for a short amount of time.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medical Marijuana ? You stoned out slacker, you're already looking for excuses before you're hired ? Colorado and San Fransicko are the bowels of the USA

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It sounds like you are an uneducated loser and troll. Apparently, you have never heard of people on chemotherapy using cannabis to help with nausea and pain.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they do urine tests. You can buy the same dip stick tests on amazon to test yourself prior. Just quit for 2-3 weeks and your fine.

No one does hair tests. That's a myth and plus they would lose so many good prospective employees.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's a semen test. You just need to spit in the cup.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will Kite Pharma not hire you if you test positive for marijuana?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you test positive for any illegal drug you will not be hired.
    If on the background check any illegal record found you will not be hired.
    DUI you will not be hired.
    Credit problem you will not be hired.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Update - it is anal probe now.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, let's see. Merck hired 12 people in 2017. They steamrolled about 1200 out of the company. Yeah, this is a dumbass of a thread.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny Shit!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are still currently doing urine tests. Even for temps.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my question is how invasive are they (their on site sac testing) Like do they stand there and watch? Or is it like concentra where you go in the bathroom and they just make sure you are not being shady??

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how about you just lay off the drugs for a while? Amazes me that people interviewing, looking for a job can't control themselves even though they KNOW they will be drug tested.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are actually quite helpful they even hold your peepee while you peepee.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The question was merely as sometimes it’s hard to perform under scrutiny… and I definitely don’t need someone holding my dick when I pee … smh