Drug screening and background check for new employees

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And 'your' illiterate!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They should do a complete drug screen follicles and all! For years I thought they'd been hiring a bunch of potheads who couldn't sell, couldn't learn science and had no work ethic so the new paradigm is wonderful! Now they need to backtest for a bunch of pothead DCO's and CTL's cause there's bound to be a bunch! (not referring to JIM)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you even have to ask this question, then you're in trouble! Glad to see Merck is hiring druggies and criminals to develop our next generation of drugs! Wonderful!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a urine test and as long as you quit for a few weeks, your good. If your worried u can't pass, drink a lot of water to dilute your sample. They won't be able to give a definite result and will ask for u to retest which buys u an additional week or so.

Drug testing is a total scam and waste of money. They're easy to pass and the ones that are most likely to get caught are pot users. Coke heads need not worry.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who do you guys think you are offering advice to? This post was started on 04-28-2011. I think the OP has moved on by now.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's knowledge for general consumption. I'm sure someone can use the advice.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I heard Merck is ramping up hiring now. This place is truly a good place for prospective employees to do some due diligence.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most casual smokers can pass a test after a week or so. Everyday, once a day smokers would take a couple of weeks. Chronic, multiple times a day smoking the good shit smokers can take up to a month, but that is rare.
    Really they should just stop testing for weed altogether. Tough to find good people that don't puff occasionally.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha, "hiring a bunch of druggies" because someone smokes pot? Are you a grandma or something? Have you heard the FBI directors comments about how they can't hire good computer hackers because a lot of them smoke pot?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The drug testing is such bullshit. I do my best work when I'm high as a kite...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the OP:
    You, are a moron, and are not deserving of any kind of employment except maybe community organizing. If you do illegal drugs and are afraid of your own background check you should just give up now and live on the super cool wave, dude, that this super dope admin has provided for dumb asses like you. Your the losers they love to hold up while pushing the people that actuly live by the rules down.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck could save money by stopping the ridiculous preemploment drug screens.
    On second thought, I guess they're not hiring anymore so they don't have to worry about that expense.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Angry, uptight white man Alert! They like to cry foul over a little weed. Their drug of choice is the dangerous hallucinogen known as Faux News. Then they prefer to come to CP to do their tripping and to "take their country back!!"

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As of 2013, Merck was doing a urine screen as pre-employment check. Not sure whether they've updated to hair now or not. Any on eknow?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

although your question is older, people need to be aware there is new laws like in California they cannot ask about criminal misdemeanors - only felony.
    Everyone has crap attacked to their name on Google, they are looking for substantiated information. Credit checks tell a lot more about someone, and the only way they can find out about criminal background is via the courts and many people have been sued or have sued in court. Some credit checks do a superior court check others don't., it really depends on where you live what they can ask, and if the probation was satisfied.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This site is useless due to idiots like all of you

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Academia is way better. You do realize there is not much of a pension for people hired after 2013. Stay where you are!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am looking to get hired by merck.
    Does someone accompany you in the bathroom while doing the urine test?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was just hired at Merck. (OCT2015) They do a urine test. Concentra is the company that does it and you have privacy when you are giving the sample (someone waits outside the door...but only because it's right next to their work station [at least at the site I used], not because they're listening.)

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apologies... I should clarify: hired AT Meck, not FOR Merck. Might be a different company used by Merck. However, the vast majority of pre-employment screens allow for privacy. Court-ordered tests or tests resulting from a safety incident usually have someone watch everything....everything.