Downsizing

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Aug 18, 2015 at 10:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, are we going to lose any reps during this "reorg" or not?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the only reps we might "lose" are neuro moving over to psych

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha I'm sure!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

job losses are happening organically - people are leaving cos the writings on the wall and they are not being replaced --- meanwhile profits re being eaten by direct competition for AM and generic erosion - time to polish the CV

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

from what I'm hearing about where people are landing this was a real clusterfuck. Way to just destroy any momentum Northera had. It's clear Brennan was the only brains this place had at corporate and you might as well put a couple chimps at the wheel now.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am amazed at this knee jerk reaction labeled as a reorg. Everyone I speak to has totally lost faith in management and the company. All they had to do was add in a couple of gamma reps to our old config, and NOT split off alpha! Very simple, cheaper, and not a morale buster. They clearly have not thought this out. With all the data manipulation going, and this reorg, and God knows what else, watch and see how many people leave in 2016!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Certain ASMs have already been offered new positions or severance and have opted for severance. Names to be released by Dec 1. Similar offers have already gone to certain AMs. This is really happening . I do not agree with management's handling of this and their attempt to do this all behind the scenes. Once again you all deserve to know. Please do not get caught off guard. There are too many good people here to have this happen right before the holidays. Take care and good luck.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It would have made to much sense to add some gamma reps and add Onfi to the movement team. I'm starting a consulting company because all the current pharma execs out there currently couldn't wipe there ass w both hands and any line of shit you feed them they run and implement. What a shit show.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree, it has been a cluster. If I was an Alpha manager I would be concerned. Many of them have small numbers of AMs working for them. Those with 6-8 have to ride with their teams more often and for longer periods. Also these AMs have decades of experience so why did they disrupt all the teams. Absolutely they should have added a couple of Gammas to each team and been done . In sure all teams have 10 + reps not six! A manager with six AMs is an endangered species.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, you got that right. Splitting Alpha was dumb and serves no purpose. The original plan of just adding a few Gamma reps to what we already had in place, made more sense than what this thing looks like. I can only imagine what 2016 will look like by this time.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After the milestone payment from Takeda comes in, does anyone here think there won't be layoffs. It is cruel to the gamma sales force to hire them on an expansion when in fact they were hired for metrics. Its a pyramid scheme.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wonder the same, I'm hesitant to recommend any come here and apply for gamma. Also I am seeing the gamma territories are smaller than beta.

It seems incomprehensible that HQ did not have asm and rbd input on these changes. It looks like disruption in every beta territory.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would love to see how many internal references they get for all these "expansion" positions! I wouldn't refer my worst enemy here now. Would be great to see how many they used to get for each position say 7 mos ago vs what they will get now.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Isn't Alpha going to be focusing more on Maintena now? Has seemed strange for a while that Alpha reps also carried Brintellix, which has a vastly different indication and a somewhat different customer base... Agree that structurally it is strange though

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alpha reps have no clue whatsoever about Brintellix. They are 100% Maintena and nothing else. If management thinks they actually talk about Brintellix, then they are delusional.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well yeah, isn't that why they split Alpha?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a single, logical reason was given for splitting off Alpha. Not one. Alpha has never really promoted Brintellix, and never will. Management refuses to acknowledge this fact, because if they did, they would have to deal with it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So short sighted. The entire CNS division just had a heart attack and is on life support. Btw it's the CNS division that is generating 70% of the revenue for the US. While the entire pharmaceutical industry is moving toward specialized medicine, orphan disease and specialty pharmacy, you are worried if you will get the latest me too therapy in a therapeutic class that is 97% generic. Not surprised you are unhappy. The world you live in passed about 5 years ago.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Especially since Takeda isn't all in on the drug. This drug could succeed with proper marketing, and managed care coverage.