Does anyone actually have any facts about layoffs?

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, Dec 3, 2015 at 4:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have you not been keeping up with the news? Google Alcon contact lens solution, genius.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they just sold all of the myopic NVS managers at Alcon an Alcon lens that would save the company!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Layoffs will start in January, mostly corporate and manufacturing.

4. They ought to start by cutting about 20% of the fat from those stupid towers, especially a lot of these useless administrative assistants. There is no doubt manufacturing is making some darn good money so someone will take over and keep the profits coming in even if the growth is slower than expected. those models are selling just as fast as they can be made so I don't know what people are talking about losing money, this has nothing to do with losing money there's plenty of money being made in Lens Care, don't fool yourself look at what those bottles cost on the shelves in the stores. You got your worker bees that are running pretty damn lean and busting their tails getting this product out and then you got all these other folks who sit around and milk the money like a leech, many of them are unproductive and probably couldn't even just a father position in real value.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$600 million for the new Cambridge office, $390 million for the bribery scandal, $25 million for the data center.....there's well over a billion down the toilet but Alcon is dragging profits down. Sounds like we're just the scape goat.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR Monitor:: Any discussion of layoffs is not recommended. We advise you to ignore rumors and continue to work hard.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Check your mail at home. They mailed out a packet that tells you how to qualify for Medicaid.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So get in line for your welfare check sucker

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great I thought I would be off food stamps after landing this gig but its an endless cycle. Like parent like child.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am an insider and can state that the layoff rumors are just that....rumors. I have not heard anything specific ie regarding numbers or timeframe. As in past layoffs I find they keep this hidden until HR briefs the managers and DMs so as to get the specific story line / script out to avoid lawsuits, etc. When they do this the layoffs are usually a week or two max away. So again as of now there is no such activity that I am aware of. I am in the financial business area so I see all the company private stuff.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny but I don't recall seeing anyone from finance warning R&D in May of last year or sales in December about impending layoffs. So either you kept the info to yourself or you're full of shit.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am in finance too and layoffs are indeed happening 1st quarter; it's not like enough warnings have been given already.

And no I can not prove my claim but neither can you.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are definitely major layoffs and restructuring coming at end of Jan with JG acceleration plans. This is the only way he can quickly hit profits

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you are making this up. I am a manager in Legal and have seen Zero indication of a RIF. I think all these posters are paranoidal. There simply cannot be a lay off of any significance when we are HIRING. The company would be subject to lawsuits. I know, I'm in the Legal Dept. I agree with the poster from Finance.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are hiring 20 workers at mfg north, also some supervisors. We were told we have to produce several million more units than last year and to expect a lot of Saturday ot. We directly asked Zack about layoffs in mfg and unless he's a big liar he said no that actually we need more employees.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems like an odd plan considering lens care sales have been dropping, unless they plan on having whomever buys it to sell the product under different names, which seems likely.

17. Calling BS

Calling BS Guest

Calling BS on this claim. No one in legal refers to themselves as 'a manager in legal', lawyers don't write like this, and certainly wouldn't repeat themselves by saying 'I know, I'm in the Legal Dept.'

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now the question is not if there is going to be layoffs, but where and when.:mad:

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was confirmed this morning that there will be more layoffs. July 1st is the target date. Can't say more than that.