Does anyone actually have any facts about layoffs?

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, Dec 3, 2015 at 4:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please no more BS- anyone actually have any inside information on layoffs and cuts?? When will it occur? Who will it affect?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Like May of '14 these are probably coming down from NVS based on their "deep analysis" of all the businesses.

The May layoffs happened on a Wednesday. January 27th is a Wednesday.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about field sales?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who did the May '14 layoffs affect?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Field sales.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Field sales got it in December. May was R&D and a bunch of tower workers. From where I don't know.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From what I'm hearing this one was pushed to January.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. No one that would be posting here has any info about layoffs. All rumors and speculation.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

last time they were spot on!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last time they had it down to the exact day.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It does not matter if you are canned Dec 25th or January 25th. What should matter is that you will undoubtedly be canned. Alcon's capabilities have been degraded by NVS to the point where it has joined the ranks of the 'hire and fire' (dys)management paradigm.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And like reading this site or not it has given us more information that has come true than my boss.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

talent will always be proactive, and manage their own career. they create possibilities and options in advance. they don't rely on monkey managers or disfunction companies to determine their fate, or next move

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well said. That is why all the talent has already left Alcon.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is paradigm mean? 4-25 can you define?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

any news?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

425, cat got your tongue? Four-Oh Doug, can you help us out? I'm staying at Aspex now I finally got hear but keep us informed about FWN.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bets are that the entire FTW/ASPEX manufacturing operation is to be sold to a CMO. Less pay, more hours if you are lucky; layoffs if you aren't.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

aint nobody going anywhere..as busy as we are a lot of money being made, profit margin is tremendous!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does not really take a genius to figure out that Alcon is in deep SH*T. The only deep dive NVS is going on is into more SH*T.