Doctors' preferences

Discussion in 'Ask Dr. Dave' started by DOC Content, Sep 2, 2015 at 8:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. DOC Content

DOC Content Guest

Dr. Dave, what is the best type of literature for a rep to delivery to a doctor at his office? Scientific information or career management?

2. DrDave

DrDave Member

It really depends on the physician. I tend to prefer scientific information, though some physicians are more focused on (if I'm understanding your term "career management" correctly) information that might streamline their practices (formulary, co-pay information, educational tools, etc.). Can you elaborate?

Thanks for posting!

3. DOC Content

DOC Content Guest

Hi, Dr. Dave. As "career management", I mean educational publications such as books, fascicles, magazines or any other content that would help doctors to improve their abilities to better guide the administrative aspects of their careers, like marketing, relationship with patients, staff training, finances, legal issues...

4. DrDave

DrDave Member

Just to make sure I'm on the same page with you - the materials you are describing sound a little more broad than the literature I'm accustomed to pharmaceutical field reps leaving. Literature pertaining to marketing, finance, legal issues etc. could be construed as a gift depending on the content. Can you give me an example of what you mean? Or do you work in another capacity (IE, not as a pharma field rep)?

Thanks!