Do Managers Already Know?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Aug 24, 2016 at 7:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We've heard all the rumors of upcoming PC layoffs. Do the managers already know? Have they been told weeks in advance so they can have a leg up on available jobs? Or are they in the dark just like us?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CTL'S are kept out of the loop on layoffs until 24 hrs (or less) before reps are notified.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Surely they've heard whispers....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No more than the reps have. CTLs aren't respected much more than the reps so they won't know until just before the reps do IF it happens.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a clueless fuck! We know now what is to occur and are acting accordingly. Now go and order your deli dickwad!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The cuts will be HUGH!!! But don't worry, come January you can help build the wall.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Huge. Hugh is a man's name.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The communist Bernie says HUGH!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We know exactly what is going to occur and the timelines involved. Currently we are being processed for new positions when that is finialized you will begin the outing program. In all greater than 75% of you will be gone!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could be true since any available managers jobs will be fewer and farther between. Reps will have more job opportunities. Seems fair that managers should get a head start to try to find something else.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If your CTL has shortened field visits, avoided you, and has been acting strange.... Then you are on the list. The list has been made, we know the cuts and when you get a meeting request come across your Ipad at the end of the slated day to you and only you... you are on the list. Merck is NOT what it used to be. The way the field has been treated the last several years is demeaning and not providing a good, secure, fun and productive work environment. You will be ok and most likely, much better off!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BS. For any reps who haven't gone through this before this is total crap so don't let this douche make you nervous. Is a reorg most likely coming? Yes. Are cuts part of it? Wouldn't be shocked in the least. Do CTLs know the names on the list? Nope. Way too much liability for the company. Think about how much Mother Merck hates risk. When cuts happen here, CTLs usually get the list the day before, and even sometimes the morning of, and they aren't even sure the cuts are coming until a few days out. Then the day of the phone calls they call each rep at that rep's designated time. When the rep answers "hello", the CTL will say "hello" back and then read from the script. They do not deviate from the script as home office scares the bejesus out of them for deviating from the script, again afraid of liability risk if a CTL speaks outside of something that legal has approved and outlined word for word. One script is for those reps being retained, and another script is for those being 'displaced'. The CTLs are removed from the decision making process to remove liability of favoritism and/or retaliation. So if a CTL cancels on you, and you've never been through this before, just know it means NOTHING other than their schedule changed. They don't know details about what's going on as much as the reps don't.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We know all about the downsizing that is to occur since last Monday's meeting. What we don't know is the selected reps to be let go but we were given the numbers and it is LARGE!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is exactly the process I went through as a manager, since retired. HR knows some CTL's are close to their reps so the CTL's are in the dark until the last minute. I had to deliver the scripted message a couple times. I was told the end of day on a teleconference before the day of delivery so HR could answer any questions, and enforce the mission of following the script. The person above sounds like a manager that has gone through this process before. Good Luck to all. I don't miss this part of being a manager at all!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tiffany E knows. She is such a witch!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers will be privy to the reps to be terminated by next week!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From the "douche"- The CTL's do not call their entire team when calls go out every time. Many of the more recent layoffs have been smaller in numbers- not everyone has been given the 60 day warn either. So cool your jets and stop name calling. This is hard on everyone effected. Some handle in differently. When it happen to my team- only the few effected by the layoff were called- and prior to- had been treated differently. That can certainly be manager specific, I recognized. My manager is hated by the team and told everything that CTLS's want to hear. The team talks endlessly about said person and how this ctl got to that position. This ctl is a legand in their own mind...
    My team doesn't trust our ctl as far as we could throw him or her. The layoff that our team was hit with- only the selected were emailed the night before and called the next day. Nobody had a clue. I later found out that they had a few months notice. Bottom line- you can't trust anybody and only those that deliver and receive know how it truly goes down.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Happy to tell all that yesterday afternoon I received my termination list. Out of 12 reps 7 will be gone!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which team do u manage?