Diversity

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2014 at 1:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Off your meds bro? Is that all MLK said?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a true white guy. I am a white guy, and it's guys like you that embarrass the shit out of us. Knock off the bashing and spewing at others to justify your own lack of success. No one said anything about entitlements. Don't you have a daughter? Hopefully you don't, but I do, and have seen her go through things that never would have happened to me. She doesn't complain or ask for any special treatment - just deals with it and moves forward. I am proud of her and she deserves the same opportunity everyone has. You reduce everything to cheap shots and poor pity you, just because you can't have an intelligent conversation about the facts. Time to arrive in the current century and stop blaming everybody else.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am white, very conservative, thrilled at the Election Day results this past Tuesday, would vote for McCain and Romney again and realize YOU are a sick, demented racist in need of a newly laundered white sheet. There is bias in this company (and most others) against certain groups in our society. What makes it laughable here is that management touts Cardinal as a paragon of equality--Bullshit. We have too many upper management stupid dumb white guys impairing the efficiency of our company. What accounts for this inane reorganization other than the edict of stupid white guys? Why not give "others" the chance to further screw us up? Or maybe make things a little better? Just MHO

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a white guy. Married with children. In a few words, my thoughts are that the most qualified person should get the job. It should not matter the color of their skin, age, sex, straight or gay. I think what the angry white guy is trying to say is that too many minorities scream discrimination the second there are little to no minorities in executive roles. That's just my 2 cents.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scary when a company is less diverse than its customer base....more women pharmacists and mds graduating than men. Who determines most qualified...hard to prevent bias often. Orchestras that hired just based on listening and not looking at candidates got a more diverse result and better results.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is why CAH is a joke. You have people in NON-mgmt roles thinking that anyone else can do a better job and you're implying that someone's race should determine their climbing of the corporate ladder. Do us all a favor, go back to whatever your role is in this company, do it well, I hope you succeed, and EARN your proverbial stripes. Nothing is handed out or given in this world and a senior executive position at ANY company is no exception.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is not the message, and hence why you are an idiot. You don't understand what success is, and what price must be paid. We live in the 21st century, but it's obvious by your remarks you need to catch up a bit.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you represent CAH then there is truly some shame that needs to surface for hiring you. It's obvious you don't understand what the term "diversity" means, and unfortunately also shows how crappy Cardinal is as a company. Maybe you should "earn" your place to be a creature of this earth, right now you are no more evolved than a single cell POS.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post should not be a race war. I'm not condoning what the angry presumably white guy said, but if you rip apart what he is probably trying to say and get to the heart of the "issue," I would venture to say he has some valid points. White, black, Asian, Spanish, it shouldn't matter your ethnicity (or sexual orientation or age, etc etc). I am from the belief that you work hard, earn your merits, and not expect to get something in life just because of the color of your skin. I'm not saying that is what all of you are saying, but it could be perceived that way to some. It may just be my own personal belief (although I know there are many more who agree with me), but our country and culture and belief system has changed for the worse in the past hundred years. When my parents and grandparents came to America, they worked their ASS off to make ends meat and assimilate and learn the culture/language. I feel a lot of that pride has been thrown to the waste side, but before this turns into something it shouldn't, i'll let others comment. It is a free country and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I welcome those responses/points of view that are different from mine.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reality today does not reflect the "hard workers" across all aspects of diversity are getting fair shots to get higher level positions. Customers of CAH are more diverse....wake up. Good thing trends are moving in the right direction at most successful companies.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who taught you how to write? Translate the first sentence for us, please.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe all on this thread should focus on how customers do also care about diversity. Ultimately patients are also as diverse as the population.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good analogy on diversity is to consider the high percent of OSU grads CAH used to hire....not a good thing. At least they are trying to not do as much of that. That is the point. People favor those like themselves with everything else being equal.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the problem with out society today. Life is not fair and unfortunately we raise our kids to believe "it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game." Now kids on every team get trophies just for showing up.....hence "EVERYBODY WINS!" I beg to differ and will not raise my children to be a bunch of sissies. Cardinal Healh and every other public company for that matter is in the business of making money. Newsflash: if CAH starts becoming unprofitable as a business, a lot of us will be out of jobs. Many of you have forgotten that. So please quit your whining and stop talking about "customers are becoming more diverse." I don't know what side of the business that poster works in, but I am in the sales side and I can tell you in all my yrs of selling, not ONCE, has a customer made a decision based on how diverse a vendor is. That shows me how clueless you are and I hope for the same of your family and your career here that you wake up and smell the roses and realize a hospital or business isn't making a decision based on how diverse they are.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't win 'em all. Regards, CAH mgmt

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's obvious you work on the "sales side" because you are a complete idiot and live in a myopic world devoid of any intelligence or proper socialization.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a SALES board, isn't it? Engineering, HR/Legal, Distribution, IT can all read these boards, but it's generally sales people that lead the discussion. I would be foolish to say that a company is nothing without its sales force, however, if you're one of the people reading this thats isn't in sales, I would propose this to you: if us sales folk aren't selling and keeping you employed, you're basically out of a job. You could say that your job is equally important, and I'm sure it is, however, the sales force of ANY company is the front line to its customer base. Just choose your words wisely :)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^Truth, love sales reps or hate them, but their sales keep the lights on.

Glad I am done with this shit hole of a company. It wasn't easy giving up just not my nature, but even a blind man knows when he is walking into the sun. Everyone I know who is still there in sales absolutely hates their job, its not even debatable. Its a shame cardinal has become this due to worthless leadership.

Bail when you can friends, no company/job is worth what you are going through.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree. The company has lost sight of who is a "p" and who is an "L" on the P&L.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks to the clueless "leadership" of DC and his cadre of useless butt kissers we're all suffering, all hating it here, and all looking to get the fuck out.