Dervishian Sucks

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Nov 14, 2014 at 11:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you answer any questions honestly?
    "I cannont comment at this time about what the cut-backs will look like as far as percentages or numbers.."
    "I'm not sure I understand the question?..."

This t/c and marketing sucks ass big time

This is the reason nobody likes your ass

This is the reason why we hear "the percentage of week over week continues to increase.."

Why don't you give us the number?

Besides the fact that we have a suckass drug, we have suckass leadership who nobody trusts

And stop touting this lame-ass marketing team. All I heard at the last national meeting was how arrogant and unrealistic merck marketing teams are.

Beat it.

Nothing will get done

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are actively seeking out liscensing and buyouts of other companies? While at the same time laying off people? Nice. Pricks

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow-what a story! Yippee!!!! yeah, that puts a lot of bounce in my step marc. that was a great make-believe story you made up. you belong in hollywood with your creativity. come to think of it-no you don't. you belong in a screen play as the clown. look forward to your next newsletter with more phoney

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't believe he exposed himself in the "break the internet" campaign!!!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude,

I fucking hate this company in so many ways. Pay increases suck, promotions are nil, and they tax us for everything. It's a shitty time at Merck but don't think that the DCO's are that different than you or I. What should Marc have said during the T.C? Should he have whispered, "I'm not supposed to tell, but okay here it is...100 people gone"? If you are still at Merck after all this time then you know how to play the game. So don't be a player hater!

Signed,

Not Marc

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly - seems everyone is waiting for the numbers - headline!! "it's MANY and everyone is at some level of risk". Please stop waiting for someone to tell you and read the tea leaves that are as big as banana leaves. Just plan/prepare as if it is you on the list- figure out your plan B now - not after you receive an impromptu 1:1 which results in a "as you know, the company is going through difficult times and everyone has been given the direction to look at their organization and blah blah blah...." Prepare, take the package and move on to brighter pastures.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At best, he's a pussy and a dirty m*ther f*cker. Kool-aid drinker and shrewd opportunist. If you're not in his circle, you ain't gettin' far professionally under him. I know...been there done that. He pretends to be sincere and comes off as if he cares about his employees. That's true if you are in the inner circle. He pretends to be impartial but yet his actions tell the true tale. Most direct reports do not have a high level of respect for him. Instead its his intimidation that keeps most in check so they just play along to keep those Merck checks rollin' in. In fact most direct reports play the game and kiss his ass. I know, once upon a time I was one of them. Moved on to bigger and better things by my own choice. Unless you are in his inner circle, DO NOT TRUST HIM. He will screw you. I've seen it myself. Think, plan and strategize for yourself. Now the sh*t has hit the fan and Zontivity ain't sellin'. Time to pay the piper! Ain't karma a bitch Marc?!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to give each of you free advice: get out. Merck makes you lazy to the point that most aren't true salespeople anymore. Not being smart, just real.

Don't use "golden handcuffs" as an excuse- if you did your homework you'd know that
    Biotechs pay more and give tons in stock. This excuse is just for lazy people who don't want to compete.

I'm off my soapbox now. Enjoy the free advice. Next time I charge.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get your candy asses to work and sell, quit blaming others. If you aren't cut in early Dec be assured I will get rid of all of you by 1q. If you are a performer and I like you I will make sure you have a safe place in another division.

M.D.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

listen here you douchebag-here's a new concept for you: if you have nothing to say don't call a teleconference. you got that pissant? and yes, the DCO's are a lot different than I amn. Speak for yourself ya prick. doing time that's all. waiting it out-just like everybody else. so don't wonder why nothing sells. nobody works. nobody. there's a reason for that and it's the dervisians of the world. im not working for one extra minute to help him or the company. period. been here too long to change now. how bout that prickface?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. I don't even complain anymore as it does no good. Guys like MD only want to hear fluff and kool-ade. But it's not just him. It's him all the way to the top. That's why nothing will ever get done or will ever change.

And don't be intimidated by him. He's a coward and will back down the instant he recognizes that you're not going to put up with his BS.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This might be the most truthful thread ever posted on cafe pharma. Maybe he should go to the oncology division and enlist in a trial to try and eradicate himself as the cancer that destroyed the Georgia, then SE, and now a much larger market.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this company is freaking embarrassing to work for.
    I just had a MMF a couple nights ago
    low attendence
    Speaker asked if/how he's used voraflopzar
    "I haven't used it yet"

That frickin great. We have 99% of our certified speakers who have no experience with flopzar. Nice job to the MADs who choose this pool of speakers. This company sucks ass. This is what you get when:

1. You have a shit drug
    2. Keep getting the mind-numbed robots in headquarters who think they know better than we know who should be speaking locally

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good post, good points. With as bad as things have run at Merck, I'm trying to not say too many negative things. But this is really getting bad by the week. We'll probably never dig out of this situation we find ourselves in unless, of course, they get the trial lawyers out of the way. Never happen. Bottom feeders.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forget Dervishian. What kind of a leader lets his underling deliver the difficult news of layoffs at a launch meeting. That smug little idiot Riad. The little idiot was almost laughing while answering questions on stage about the layoffs. His day will come. At least D was man enough to deliver the news.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really do suck dervisian. Remember this one little word:

KARMA BITCH KARMA

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I would have observed your piss poor planning for this program you would be on a PIP immediately and fired at earliest possible time. What a LOSER!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, yeah? Since when do reps have any responsibility for insuring that a speaker is well trained and experienced in using the product that they are speaking about? The answer is NEVER. No my friend, the blame here lays squarely on the dummies who thought it would be a good idea to get rid of all of the HSA's who had years of relationships with the RIGHT speakers who would have delivered on this program. Instead, I have some newbie Medical Director who has absolutely no pharmaceutical industry experience. Our speakers are lame, and the product is a complete failure.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I nominate this poster to be our next CEO. Heard Merck had to order extra bathrobes for the Medical Neglectors, I mean Directors. Just like the Nae's, Mgams, Mads, etc, they don't do squat. That is, unless you include useless tc's and sending useless emails. This company is starting to resemble the government with too many layers of bogus jobs. We need customer facing troops with routine customer interactions AND the ability to make decisions and get sh#t done on the spot. The cardio mads are so dumb one was considering signing up a Obgyn doc as a speaker. Poster, when you become CEO hire me as top HR brass. I will fire all these fools and make things right. Shoot, I will let you select your own speakers and prepare them for talks. I guarantee the scrips will roll in, pos product or not! First for me to fire? Riad. He started all these shenanigans. Md, PhD, PharmD? Reps can do this sh#t, take the stupid policy test and roll. You are right about HSC's, those who stayed and took sales jobs are rockin and rollin. Too bad, those jobs will never come back.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It looks like the CCR team was purged during the reorg. A lot of good senior reps from around the country were let go