Derm opp. for Valeant sales reps not given retention bonus

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Nov 12, 2015 at 5:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. RodN

RodN Guest

Hi folks. I'm a journalist and interested in talking about employee retention/morale on background (not for attribution) with any current Valeant reps (or any who just recently moved on). You can reach me at rod.nickel@thomsonreuters.com if interested in chatting.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Top reps?? What top top reps?! Your 'roster list' are full of underperforming territories. Good luck with that!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been sprucin up my resume big time. But I applied to a position in my area it didn't say which company it was, it was through a recruiter website. The recruiter emailed me and told me what someone above mentioned. She said since I work at Valeant, they couldn't move me forward bc the position is for Valeant, just a different division. I told her don't bother since that's the whole point of me applying elsewhere anyway. I want out of this place.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll talk to you but I want a tongue bath, $50 & back stage passes to the next Wham! concert in my area. If you can make it happen, I'm yours! If you can not make it happen GFY!!

5. Guess what

Guess what new user

Quite right. In executive speak: it's called head hunting. I've received calls whilst employed by various head hunters.

The only reason why Party A can't try to recruit someone employed by Party B is if Party A has agreed to such a restriction in an agreement. Otherwise, there's no reason why Party A can't try to recruit the employees of Party B.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If DM's are really getting $100,000 to stay on till Dec 2016, that's just crazy!

when is the last time a DM really sold anything to our providers?? The Reps are really the ones who are selling.

When is the last time your DM went to at least 3 speaker programs in a quarter ( with a different rep ) ? Any DM might go to one in a quarter.

When is the last time your DM made a true impact to your area?? Sending out emails, doing another and another conf call or checking the box on a field ride is not worth paying them $100,000 to stay. They make plenty already in base and bonus. If they want to leave.... Then leave ! They can be replaced by so many DM"s that are unemployed.

Stop wasting money !

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm so sick of this company. My DM is a piece of crap and completely useless!! Writes up bad field reports but don't contribute to jack! F this shit

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

loser

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most accurate post on here. dm in my territory knows how to forward corporate emails , useless conference calls , copy paste nunbers. How about do something w access and sales declining in my territory?? Worthless shit!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. Most DMs are worthless. I have been in this industry for over 15 years and have had 12 DMs. One of them was good, the others were just not that bright and only made the selling situation worse. They don't have good feedback and will put things in the field contact report that just are not true. The DM I have now does not carry a briefcase, does not take any notes, does not give feedback and contributes NOTHING to the sales call. I am convinced most DMs got their positions because they are "yes" people, phonies and now how to "kiss ass". They also steal rep's ideas and use them as their own. Happens all the time. Reps are the best!!! We are the smart ones out there.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We must have the same DM. My DM talks big sh*t behind the iPad, constant 'motivating' emails/texts you name it. But when I bring him in front of my doctors he turns into a complete WUSS, like a scared puppy. Its PATHETIC!! I constantly wonder he got this role.

I wish everyone the best but I think most of us are trying to find something else before this sinking ship goes bankrupt.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn't have said it better. You just described my DM (Derm). Conference calls, field rides and his input is a complete waste.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% spot on

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was confirmed 70 or so managers are getting a bonus. This includes directors, regionals, district managers up to executive level. Really?? F this shithole! Bonus only given to their friends and favorites and those they want to shut their mouth and not spill the beans to reporters!! Nice way to pay their friends off to stay. Absolute BULL! This company has NO morale whatsoever!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't worry. You will get a nice "bonus" when you get your new job. I hear McDonalds gives you free meals when you work a long shift as well as free uniforms.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would you want to hire these bunch of candy asses? Go get real Sales reps, not scam artist!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Laying off reps so they can give big payouts to higher management has ALWAYS been Valeants solution to their problems. A bunch of scumbag con artists!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. Have you met the sales reps at Valeant in your territory? I can tell you the Valeant Derm reps in my area are young, bubbly and probably stupid as hell who can't add value when calling on doctors. If you compare reps from other companies, Valeant definitely hires reps that are much younger and green as heck. Why would anybody give these former cheerleaders a bonus??

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WRONG !

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahhah! So true.