Derm opp. for Valeant sales reps not given retention bonus

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Nov 12, 2015 at 5:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Valeant Sales Reps,

I am a recruiter with a national firm contracted by a Pharma company who is launching a novel drug into Dermatology. The drug is part of a platform compound with multiple indications pending. They will be expanding past dermatology as well. They are in the process of building a sales team for early Q1 2016. My Client is very specific in hiring reps with relationships and Derm experience. I had several Valeant DM who were in talks to join the team and help with the hiring process. I was informed by all of them yesterday that the entire sales management team (including DM's) were offered a six fiqure retention bonus to stay at Valeant for 12 months. I can't blame them for staying. It was relayed to me by them that the field sales team will not be offered any retention bonus.

I am writing to recruit the field sales team. My client's exact words were "go get as many Valeant reps as you can" . For the performers they are offering an extremely attractive package which includes base salary match plus a bump up when possible. The bonus plan will be modeled around Valeant's and will be lucrative. Last but not least they will offer a signing bonus of 50% of your base caped at $50,000. This will be paid at month 6.

They will also consider some of the senior reps for management positions.

I was given the field sales roster with contact info. I have the 2014 and 2015 ranking and my staff and I will be working down the rankings list to contact everyone. WE will be contacting people in the next couple of weeks and will be moving fast.

Hopefully you will be in a position to take advantage of this opportunity

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes indeed. The derm managers were given the retention BONUS of $150,000 if they stay through the end of 2016. No other managers or reps from any other Valeant divisions were offered anything. Once this gets out, the flood gates will open.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Valeant Sales Reps,

I am the HR manager for Super Sam's Sub Shops. We need people that have extensive experience delivering sandwiches to offices and we know that many of you are well qualified in this area. We offer a starting wage that is $1.50 above minimum wage, mileage, a 25% employee discount on our footlong subs and free uniforms, including our trademark footlong hat. We will reaching out to many of you reps in the next two weeks and we look forward to having you join our sub family.

4. Joey B.

Joey B. Guest

I will be waiting patiently by my phone, like I did in high school - waiting for that cute boy to call and he never did. GFY Recruiter for a National Firm

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard a retention bonus was in the works for employees, however, I did not hear anything regarding who was or was not on that list. Hey OP, please prove that rumor you started. Facts will trump Rumor! Should this be true, Valeant will have created a mass exodus of reps and the Philidor Fiasco will be the least of their worries! Try hiring someone, when Valeant is in the press negatively on a regular basis.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No money, no candy!

if no "retention plan" for reps this month, No more work and a lot of angry reps

reps are the one getting the heat from of angry doctors

another promise from Deb J., not delivered

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is the retention bonus being paid immediately?? Anybody actually gotten one yet.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one wants to hire an unethical Valeant rep. You're all damaged goods and you'll be fired soon enough.

This is what happens when you buy the business and rip off the public. Enjoy unemployment

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Paying DM's 100 grand to stay is nothing. I'm guessing 100 reps will be let go in Dec. This will be plenty of money to pay them. And for those DM's that stay on, I'm sure you will be let go in Oct or Nov 2016 for poor numbers and will never see that 100 grand ! About 1/3 of you !

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know for a fact that all Jublia reps are having their Q3 payouts significantly adjusted in a positive way. However, all other reps are getting nuthin and they're gonna like it!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every competing rep is gonna make you're sales go to near ZERO just like your bonuses :)

Dr's don't want to write Valeant products. Period.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Original post is not true! Don't believe it. Recruiters cannot recruit anyone already employed with Valeant since there is conflict there. This I know for a fact! Recruiters were probably instructed to recruit people with derm experience but they cannot recruit active employees. No retention bonus for any rep. Any 'retention bonus' for managers (if there one), is basically just to keep them employed so they don't run your mouth to the public or reporters!! They dont want a shit load of unhappy employees to run their big mouth.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey you above, yeah you! You're a dumb azz! I was recruited away from a company to come work at Valeant! It was my decision to leave once they told me about the job!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While the original post is likely made up, your response is idiotic. Recruiters can target anyone they like. The only time they are typically blocked is when they place someone with a company, they are usually blocked from going after that same person later on.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP trying to stir up the pot and that is definitely not true. Products here suck and nothing is covered. What's fact is most territories were doing horrible esp Jublia before the Valeant and philidor charade.
    Poster above has a point. Recruiters cannot recruit nor interview any employee who is already an active employee of Valeant for new positions. That's standard across all recruiting companies.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is ridiculous and completely untrue. Recruiter is how I obtained my last 2 jobs and I was employed during both times, and is how I am leaving this unethical shithole.

If you are not being contacted by recruiters right now your Linked In profile must not be complete or you just don't have what they are looking for because it's on with heavy recruitment of all divisions right now.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lololll! Right like we f'n believe this. How about you help me find a job somewhere else and pay me for takin this sorry ass job and wasting the last few months of my time here!! can you do that at least?!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm so confused why anybody would think you couldn't recruit an active employee... How do you think they find people?

You're wrong. Recruiters can target any of us at any time. If you haven't been contacted yet I recommend sprucing up your LinkedIn.

I'm currently employed at Valeant and have been contacted by at least 5 recruiters. They know our situation so they are smart to find us.