Derm Interview

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Jan 25, 2016 at 7:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a interview for a derm postion...Are the layoff rumors true? What is the culture like? Are reps happy or looking for jobs? how are the benefits and pay? Any honest feedback would be greatly appreciated

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you're good at the job you'll make good money

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Low base. Many products in your bag which you will make peanuts on. Only the top 10% make any real coin. Most territories suck w crappy managed care. Micromanaging environment. Be ready to work with 10 counterparts and a manager breathing down your back watching your every move.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

U forgot Philidor is gone and scripts have gone south like no tomorrow. That and people lookin to leave fr this awful place!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

money is still good - why you pushing him away?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

base alone is better than most other companies. Bonus is in your hands.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

whats the base pay?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

anyone???

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mid 60's is the offer bro. Bonuses here are unattainable and that's being straight up. A good handful of territories doing well maybe 5 or 6 reps make great bonus but all the other territories suck! You cant make a difference in your territory don't kid yourself. Territories doin well do well bc of the market not bc of the rep!

You'll be sellin 4 or even 5 products but your paycheck will look as if your sellin only 1 or 2 no joke! I worked in another derm company and made the same amount sellin only 2 products. Too bad the company went down

Dude your worked to death here no work-balance and micromanaged like hell!

Ask the hiring manager to show you the territory numbers to know the potential and how the territory is doing. Dont take their word for it. Theyll lie and screw you over. If you're unemployed go for it if not stay put or you'll regret it.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company is barely hanging on. All the pressure is on the reps despite faulty leadership and management the worst in the industry. You should re evaluate coming to this dump. I got 5 products in the bag and my bonuses gets shittier and shittier each quarter. I'm interviewing like many and trying to get out this hole!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have you done your research on this crap company? I work here and hell I know it's one f*d up place to work. Lookin for somethin else. Docs don't trust Valeant reps. If they're not already using your products good luck convincing them. Most have awful managed care and they could care less about Walgreens savings since Walgreens don't do PA maybe somethin Philidor shouldn't have been doin in the first place. Place is horrible and the base salaries are the lowest in derm.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Derm positions have been open for months. That should tell you soemthin!! Why would anyone in their right mind come here. Goals r difficuot as heck to make, almost impossible.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thats not what j heard / I heard Derm Reps paid more than other Derm companies?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Biggest joke of the year! Lmao

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Said the recruiter.....

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL

:eek:

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm in derm now but there seems to be alot of territories open for GI, Derm and B&L Valeant jobs. open for months now. Was thinking of putting my name in the mix but good lord Valeant has over 100+ posts on CP just over the last 5 months or so.. and all negative!! Maybe this is why the Valeant reps look miserable in my territory. Lol. Damn thank goodness for CP I'll be staying put where I am. Lol

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well put! I'm on the GI side and it's an effin' disaster here, as well. Salix people were warned about Valeant culture and how it would be after the acquisition last Spring. The Valeant poster who warned us was 100% accurate in his predictions. Salix at this point is Valeant and it sucks! I'm sure the Bausch & Lomb people feel the same. There has been a mass exodus since last summer with the high performers (who had more options) leading the charge. Since last Fall it's been the average TM who has been leaving. Everyone I know is looking. The new hires are mostly young and inexperienced. Some even lack industry experience. These people would have never even been granted an interview at this time last year pre-acquisition. I have warned people about coming to Valeant, but we can't save them all. I'll be gone soon and many more will follow.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes! You stay put or go somewhere else, but do NOT come to Valeant! The company needs to do a major overhaul. It's culture and way of doing business sucks and it has a terrible reputation. And, furthermore, I see no signs of it changing in a positive way. Those job postings will keep coming as the company will continue to see vacancies en masse from the sales forces in all the major divisions.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If your concern is making big bucks you hav the wrong mindset bruh! Work in Medical Sales that's an easy $200k job minimum with no useless micromanaging DM on your ass. Or get into selling solar panels, Computer software, IT software, etc all $200k-$300k min. You have all the freedom in the world no idiotic managers no annoying and whining candy ass counterparts. These are considered real sales jobs and can make you serious cake.

To make good here in derm if you ain't in Texas or the NW states/territories your bonus sucksssss here. You'll be begging for scripts no joke!! Our products are old and if your Derms ain't writing already you're s.o.l. Only new product is jublia and that sucks too. Onexton is a so called new drug, shit has been out on the market for years and Valeant idiot asses and slaps 'new' on the marketing pieces. Valeant is a laughing stock in the derm world. No real products no pipeline, no brain.