CV sales group future

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jan 5, 2016 at 9:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have so many god damned cases of unopened Zzzzontivity sample boxes! My kids are having a slumber party tonight and I am going to have them make a cardboard fort in the family room. When will they put
    this product out of its misery? Just give me the package already.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't believe this fucking place with MD and LA. What on earth? You want us to do more with less? No, sorry fucks. Im doing less with less. Get used to it. It's the way everybody is thinking, but don't think anybody will admit it

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

any updates from anyone? Bueller? Silence. crickets.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It has been extremely quiet. I think unless we license another cardiac drug or the CTEP drug pans out we could be in trouble by the fall or end of the year. It is a shame because I think Zontivity has a place in the PAD space and for the vascular paths but we need to see a much bigger run rate soon. It seems like things are picking up but it may not be enough witthe impending patent expirations on Z and V. What are others hearing?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah right. We don't have any new information that we can legally hand out and we don't hit the composite endpoint. Couple that with the expense and lack of access for part D and it's been a disaster. It will continue to be too. MD and LA suck.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i never said we had great resources or huge limitations on what we can present. It has certainly been a very market for a variety of reasons and Merck corporate has really hindered is in lack of resources, poor managed care access, lack of engagement with academic thought leaders and lack of advertising in cardiac journals. All that being said, I still think it is a good drug for secondary prevention in PAD patients and for use in vascular paths. Pletal finished with peak sales of $187 million before going generic in 2004. There is a market for Z but I am not sure we will get te chance to build it.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry for the typos in my last post. I think you get the idea of what I was trying to convey. I understand your frustration and I feel it also.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ report:

I am not actually in the meeting where this was discussed, but I have access to the information. I cannot disclose too much of the information that I saw without compromising my identity, but I think what they plan to do with the CV team is terrible. Information is this, and it's simple;

CV team will be eliminated by late November. Any future CV agents will be promoted by one of the PC teams(don't remember which one-I think it was the Januvia team.) Severance packages will be given and I believe I saw something that said there would be no hand raising-its a whole-scale cut.

I don't think it's right what they're doing to you. Get the resumes ready, this is the real deal. They expect everyone to work to the bitter end, only to let you go. I wanted to let you know what I saw so it will give you time to find another job.

Good luck CV team. You guys have done awesome with nothing to work with for years.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That really sucks! Not completely surprised. Good luck sending PC reps in with their canned messages to the CD clinics. Thanks for heads up.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That fuck dervisian

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ, thank you for the info. What % would you put behind this as being accurate & actually happening?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only reporting what i read. It was an interoffice memo that circulated quickly. I did not have time to read all of it and there was more in the memo. I saw something that referenced another company or companies that eliminated their cardiovascular marketing team. Sorry-thats all I could get out of it in the very short time it was in front of me.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The timeline of a November 1 dismissal would make sense because it will allow Merck to get the entire team off of the books by the end of 2016. It also seems to dovetail with te last days of sampling for Zetia and Vytorin. We will see.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Devishian and LA are such of bunch of fucking gutless punk bastards

No more work for me.

I'm cruising until then with this announcement

Even if I could sell more Z it wouldn't help

Adios

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How sad-we've been left out to pasture with a terrible group of leadership. You can make all the excuses you want but we haven't done anything since the launch of cozaar. Zero. At least from the cardiovascular perspective. Don't count Januvia-CD wasn't really interested. Just sinking deeper and deeper until now. The end is near. And I think I'm finally ready and glad.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Geez this place sucks ass! This just confirms what we all kind of knew would happen.

Lets get ready for the rah-rah in the webcast 2S meeting. Nothing but a pack of lies.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only thing that you will be attending is you termination meeting!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not in June dickwad

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

??? And what if we get anaceptrapib? Really, primary care to promote to CD's? You talk about a bad and out-dated selling model

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hear you but the problem has always been that Merck seems to view our group as a primary care one. Look at the meetings and all the silly role-playing stuff and dumb CSS workshops. Many of us have worked at biotech companies previously and a lot of us have previous hospital sales experience. How we have been treated has been just an extension of how the primary care group has been run. I can't believe how dumbed down things have become here.