Cullture

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jul 14, 2015 at 12:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is BMS's culture?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The culture sucks. It's managed by a bunch of dumbass MDs and PhDs who can't manage their way out of a paper bag. Some dead wood VPs have been let go but the whole lot should be dumped.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably not that different from most big pharma, I've been here 25+ years. No trust of employees. Micromanagement. True leaders are non-existent, every level is filled with managers. The main thing you hear when talking to people is the lack of trust by management to anyone below them, it's really bad here compared to most other companies. Sad but true.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because the managers were the biggest jack-offs and think everyone else is too..

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great if you like being micro-managed, told what to do, can't think for yourself and do not dare question authority. If you want great culture, go to Genentech.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The culture is great as long as you don't like to think independently and always say "yes."

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Horrible unless you want to be like the scarecrow from oz. Without a brain, you will be fine. Just nod, smile and drop on your knees when asked and you will retire from here. Push back or question anything and you are gonzo. Oncology leadership is the worst.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hate to admit it, but yes the culture here is terrible. Was warned before coming about the attitudes, cockiness and political enviornment but assumed it was being over stated. Unfortunately it's actually worse then imagined.

It's not about results. It's about how well you play in the sand box with your other teammates. Never been in a company where you can be killing your numbers, but if you say something wrong to the wrong person, they will look to fire you.

Company has a lot of quality people that have been here so long, they can't afford to leave and leadership has beaten them down so badly, they aren't as productive as they could be.

Great products + bad leadership = terrible culture

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless you are in Oncolgy you are the step child. You feel it, it's real and hard to deal with.

Very demoralizing.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

History repeats itself. No different than back 15 years ago when oncology thought they were hot shit with Taxol.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do all those reps really even do? There is such little access in oncology offices

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We do nothing. Don't tell super bitch please. She will be so unhappy. She believes we care what she says through her fake laugh and that we are all in for all patients. We are all in for our paycheck. Is that what she means? I pray for no more talkpoints. Can't stand to see that fake ass broad cackling anymore.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually think the culture is great . Not micromanaged at all at least where I am. It all depends on your manager.. Serious post here..

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks Lynelle. Appreciate your comments as always. You actually made a point without sounding like a bimbo. Nice job sweetheart.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No problem Murdo. AlWays got your back (and front if you know what I mean). Call me later baby.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm actually a rep that is giving my opinion.. Been here 3 years and have never been micromanaged .. Culture is way better than other companies I've been at. If you have a good manager it's a great place to work

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it really depends on your dbm and rbd, the vps are all self obsessed. Most dbms are younger these days and can be a pain in the ass trying to change the world and impress the rbd. There a very few dbms left with any balls, they operate in fear of the rbd. So you could end up with a decent work life in about 15% of districts, the other 85% are pretty much horrible. I've been here over two decades in sales and have seen/heard it all. Same shit different "leader"usually. Not too different than other big pharma, but BMS has always been known for shitty leadership and culture compared to most other companies. If I were not so vested and paid so much, I would have left a long time ago, but in a few more years I can leave and tell them fuck it, which I will do.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been here 26, couldnt agree more. Too many f'ing puppets who don't care. Keep your head down, enjoy your check and you to can hit 20+ years. Mediocrity is loved here. It's actually what the M stands for in BMS. (Bring on Mediotric Success)

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could not agree more. Worked for a long time at BMS and the rules have been always:
    - Make sure your boss is aligned with your thinking. If you try to add value when your boss doesn't then you are a threat and you will never get his/her alignment.
    - Don't come with anything new unless key so called leaders agree with you. If one doesn't then you should drop your idea, otherwise he/she will target you with things that you cannot defend e.g. Talking to another leader in your absence and saying that e.g. you did not usually do the right due- diligence. Don't be surprised if your idea becomes that leader's idea who did not agree with you few months later!
    - Expect to be stabbed in your back by your colleagues because they simply cannot add value. They will use their relationships with the leaders they know to screw you even telling them that you talk badly about those leaders. Of course no way to defend yourself. Thos colleagues of yours will get better chances for promotion because they simply feed on you.
    - And guess what! Leaders stay very long around because they are too incompetent to go anywhere and so you're simply screwed.
    Welcome to big Pharma culture. If you chose to be there and you're good, you have less chances of success than those mediocre parasites. If you are looking for the paycheck only and don't want to harm, you will stay longer and let go in mass layoffs.
    Enjoy BMS guys!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Culture is a joke. More concerned with their biobehaviors then anything else. As long as you kiss ass and play nice, you will never have an issue. We are in sales people. What happened to results mattering. WTF? Been here 10 years now and nothing changes. CV is kicking ass and all I hear about is playing nicer with my fucking matrix partners. Really? Customers should be first not meeting with my useless partners. Unbelievable.