CSR Sales assestment

Discussion in 'Wright Medical' started by anonymous, Apr 21, 2016 at 9:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know many medical sales device representatives from many companies and was well aware of the personality assessment that everyone takes at various companies. Everybody said just answer it and don't over think it. Haha thats a tough one for me. However, the exam for Wright Medical was a mini IQ/personality test. Threw me for a loop, but I think I did pretty well on the word relationships and math problems. When I told my friends and colleagues in med sales about some of the questions they were all stunned of the type of math problems I had to solve. Many of them couldn't even answer some of the word relationships and they are in medical sales.

Anyhow, does anybody know how much they take this assessment into account? I have been doing research and some of them put in questions that most people get wrong to check for cheating. I read I was able to use a calculator and nothing else. Which I did not and hope not to be punished for taking the time or having the knowledge to answer those IQ questions.

As for the personality questions, yes if you ask me if I'd rather paint than give a speech? My answer will always be, I need to hustle so if that means I'm giving a speech then that's would I will do. Know what I mean? No, I don't have time to build a deck but I will look at plans and show you how because I have to work. No, I don't get mad waiting for trains because I plan my trips and things happen so getting pissed does nothing. I would utilize that time doing something productive. So no, I am not a hot head. I'm calm collected and I get things done. It has been three weeks and I have not heard if I am still being considered. Any thoughts? Should I forget my hopes of being a medical sales rep? I am patient to a degree but I am persistent and I don't want to continue learning about all the products if I'm not being considered anymore due to a test. Advice anyone? p.s. I have a stellar sales record but this ASR position would be my break into medical sales.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me give you a little piece of advice. If you have legitimate questions, ask someone with actual knowledge on the subject. Don't ever expect a serious answer here. Just work hard, don't be a douche, and use that job, assuming you get it, as a stepping stone to move on to a better position with a bigger player.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would have to agree with the former thread. The reps will treat you as a second class, never show respect and will always take your good credit, and add it to their egos when needed. I have seen some reps act professional to their ASR's but then there have been some that use them like dirt. There was a rep in the Boston area(don't know if she is still there) would act so kind to her ASR in front of docs and higher ups in the company, and then behind her back...she was downright cruel and nasty. Please be careful what you get into.