COVIDIEN-NEW VENTILATOR

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

went through thread ... what a tragedy..a long time ago 2.0 was the real deal coming soon...my rep now the invisible man...what to expect being realistic...with Harrisburg and FDA settled...2018?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If ur referring 2 person called ombudsman, you cant. Not public record. Ombudsman is 3rd party law firm device companies employ. Thy gain protection from compliance and ethical issues due to attny client privilege, + some plausible deniability. Can fire firm if they get bad advice. The whole idea behind it is flawed. Supposedly the firm is independent and impartial but many ppl that do right thing and call ombudsman end up out of job one way or another. Not an infrequent occurrence at RMS.

However, if a 3 letter or 2 letter agency (AG) investigates on the basis of fraud, extremely good chance they could break attorney client privilege which means they would need to disclose. Person could also blow whistle and go direct to FDA, OCI, DOJ.

Chances u wait lot longer for 2.0. R&D Calrsbad cleaning up probs w 1.0 and justifying existence with new Medtronic Sustaining leadership. Question is, can thy get done before biz is sold off for being compliance risk and resource waste.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are the chances that this unit gets sold?? I doubt it. They have spent lots on this vent and division. Buying up Newport etc.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sunk costs so question is more about finding a buyer who both can pay a lot upfront and then invest heavily. Based on new realities in medtech industry it's a tough proposition. Resmed was the favourite buyer but based on current situation I believe risk factor is too high.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how do I find the name?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty simplistic view on M&A. There are other reasons to sell like mitigating loss, compliance risk, cost control, portfolio management etc.

Newport was purchased to flush out the portfolio. Pre980, there was the 500 series (turd with many issues) and 840 (bigger turd with even more issues). Newport added mid range and near high acuity. The goal was to make the business more attractive to acquire.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

whats wrong with you, being so simplistic, obviously, you are not as intelligent as the original poster

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Three mile island meltdown is a fantastic spot-on metaphor.
    The human factor revisited.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the rumor is that Medtronic (covidien/PB) is pulling the 980 COMPLETELY off the market! It isn't being shown in the booth at the SCCM conference this week in Orlando. They have NO ventilators in their booth!

Anyone else heard similar?

Chris

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the rumor is that Medtronic (covidien/PB) is pulling the 980 COMPLETELY off the market! It isn't being shown in the booth at the SCCM conference this week in Orlando. They have NO ventilators in their booth!

Anyone else heard similar?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe all the vents are being used up in trials?? 980 selling well in FL

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

they went to Disney to meet Mickey Mouse and the Donald

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Probably more trials in court than other trials right now. Upcoming recalls block any official trials.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What BS!! 980 is at the conference. Closed room-invite only showing 2.0. New study on pav+ being discussed...my tooth fairy told me.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not total bs. secret room part of qurantine to protect US citizens and pre-market new stuff like IE sync trigger. 980s been temporalily pulled off the market because unsafe, dumb and complicated

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow you serious. Is this an fda issue or is medtronic just pulling out?? TIA

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Check the incidents in the open access FDA Maude database to get enlightened

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medtronic pulled out of a LARGE adult ventilation RFP this week. Told the dept director that it's "self imposed so the FDA doesn't get more involved"........that means the FDA WILL get more involved! I'm guessing a consent decree.....but that's a guess.

They really shit the bed with this one.............

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about the existing fleet that has been sold?? What do the hospitals do now??

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A few accounts have already thrown the adulterated vents out. What a disaster for this fine ol brand!