COVIDIEN-NEW VENTILATOR

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Either inside info, notice sent to hosp not out for public consumption yet or check FDA website.

980 software is port of bug and patient safety laden 840 code with new GUI and couple modified features bolted on. Major housecleaning going on in Carlsbad, many feet being held to fire, ppl being targeted for exit, many new issues identified. Conservatively, it'll take 12+ months to sort out, could be longer.

If I was a customer, I'd look elsewhere. Look how many major recalls globally since launch. Still very unstable platform

I'd check out new Maquet or Draeger, both are NICU friendly to boot. Ones new, other has had fewer recalls in several years than 980 in little over 2.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In your opinion, what is it that really makes it so unstable? HW, OS, SW or something else? Gimme the fuckin root cause!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think if they knew they would fix it. The quality of the hardware is good. Most of the problems are probably with software. They are pressed to fix one problem and I think it intrudeces new ones. The flash drive has been a big problem with the unit. Causes serial number mismatch on power up and GUI problems.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When can I demo your unit?

Your Freind,
    BS

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I applaud all the devotees of this thread, you've kept it going for almost two years! It's time to let go now. All things must end. It will be tough, but don't worry, you'll find other ways to waste time.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

:mad: Thread has become some kind of monster and I'm sure Omar also was here. Did he tell you to post?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recommend you read the entire thread. Company threatened CP, bunch of posts removed. No one bothers to get inaccurate posts removed here.

The root cause is an organization that was run by an idiot who didn't understand the business, couldn't care about patient safety, made poor decisions and had questionable ethics. That's why housecleaning is going on in Carlsbad. It's going to take a LONG time to clean up.

Problems self explanatory. Software, 980 code is a port of 840. Hardware, questionable design decisions. Look at the location of the power supply and battery. Notice anything in the news about hoverboards? They've had issues with suppliers, one of which caused a fairly major recall.

The other is the organization itself, which could give two shits about patient safety and only cares about profits. Tough to have the latter without the former. They're fighting for their existence. Global vent marketing isn't growing at a staggering pace.

I'm sure Omar, OCI, DOJ, AG, State AGs, payors, et al have read this.

Look if you want to buy product from a company that tested an unapproved device (980) on humans before animals during development which is against every global device testing standard, company that refused to pull engineers from the 980 in development to fix the 840 that could kill patients, such a long list of issues and so many wrongs, buy a 980 from a company still in transition.

As a customer, I'd also ask for sufficiently powered peer reviewed data to back up the claims about ventilator efficacy that you're being told.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

do you have any proof that the alleged disgraceful human testing in Panama really took place or is it just a corporate myth now buried in the x-files?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someoneon the team in Boulder called the ombudsman (aka ethics and compliance) and they shut it down. Apparently the 980s weren't working the way they were supposed to. Shipped them back and decided to do some animal work instead of putting helpless vent patients at risk. Search through earlier posts, 980 engineer commented about it as well.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what about the drivers?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bump

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Holy shit. A ventilation eng went to go work 4 ANOTHER ventilation company. Whoda thunk that??????

Engineers treated like shit on the 980. Hostile environment, no one sppsd to pipe up about problems, raise concrns re design iss etc. Get it out b4 ROHS impacts global sales, cut features if u have to.

When it was finished Cov shoved many out in entire org. It isnt just Carlsbad ppl that has a hrrble experience. Let's just say person called ombudsman wasnt on 2nd flr at 6135 Gunbarrel in Boulder but was in the bldg.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Last time I saw him it was turnin' colder But that was years ago
    Last I heard he had moved to Boulder
    But where he's now I don't know
    But there's somethin' 'bout this time of year That spins my head around
    Takes me back makes me wonder
    What he's doin' now

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    You're a fag.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You make me go to Ombudsman and cry :(

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kudos to ind that called ombudsman (notice the gender neutral term?). Put a stop of JWs lunacy, long running record of incompetence and questionable moral compass. Funny he wanted to test on humans before animals, he was pre-med. Apparently flunked out or missed the class on medical ethics.

Question for HCPs, do you want to violate the scared trust you have with your patients, do business with company that makes unsubstantiated claims about the effectiveness of its product and tests its products in such a questionable manner? Seems to me those issuesRe much bigger than a relationship you have with a rep, whether they're an RT or not.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how do I search the name, I don't get it

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If it ain't broke, don't fix it (just ask PB/COV/Medtronic). Awesome new display!