Core Account Manager position

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

laid off pharma rep. saw a core account manager position that I believe is medical disposables. Don't know anything about Cardinal. Can anyone give any insight as to the compensation (base/bonus) and what the job is/actually consists of? Is this a decent position at Cardinal? Any info is appreciated- thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STAY AWAY

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep looking. It's a horrible job. Pay sucks, it's awful service work with very little support or resources. With the reorg recently, this job has been downgraded and disrespected, unfortunately. The leadership in the Medical Segment is terrible. Your direct manager will probably be ok, but the senior leadership (use that word loosely) is a disaster. Everyone wants out and is looking, and there is a reason there are so many open CAM jobs. You will be given an unrealistic quota then have the $#@& beat of you when you aren't making it. And -you will have a huge pay hit. We still don't even have quotas for the year that started July 1, and it will not be good. If you want a real career, it ain't here my friend. This is a company that has no clue what it is doinv. RUN...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for that insightful answer. next time try to be a bit more concise.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's actually worse than this post describes. You REALLY don't want to work here. I've been spending my time looking for another job as the recent reorganization has been a disaster. In fact, almost everyone I know is looking to leave.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Next time go fuck yourself.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, Douche--you'd be perfect for the job!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go back to shelling out your lunches and pens, waiting 45 minutes to see the doctor to get 30 seconds with him.
    Cardinal sucks, but pharma is even worse. So good luck.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I apologize for this response- not intending to be a jerk. I was just kidding and was actually responding to the person who put "STAY AWAY", which I thought was funny. My bad. I really do appreciate the insight. Thanks for taking the time to give info.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Grow some balls pussy! You sound like George McFly!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, seriously, you've got anger issues. Take it out on those that deserve it (like dc, gb or mk) , not someone just saying 'oops, my bad'.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cool it/ run out of your Xanax again?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure why everybody is acting so soft and offended by a couple of posts. The core account manager role, from what I understand, is a newer role designed after the re-organization. It's not exactly sales but more trouble-shooting and maintains relationships. Comp varies greatly based on experience. Lets stop crying and get back to the issue at hand.

Ps. I don't care who you are, Xanax is a miracle pill!!!! Yikes just don't drink with it LOL

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medical disposables are actually quite technical to use and sell. Many great marketing people are going now, so tough on reps on the learning curve. Not sure sr mgmt. appreciates how to manufacturer or sell these "disposables".

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THEY LOOK AT EMPLOYEES AS DISPOSABLE

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not really. Sure, surgeons are particular about their gloves, but disposables are seen as a commodity, a drape is a drape.... and Cardinal is losing that game.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So ortho and accessories closure are winning hands to pull thru me too disposables ?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DS's organization is falling apart. They are leaving in droves and she can't replace them fast enough because she's too busy looking out for her "buddies."

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems DS got the work that three SVP - GMs had and less staff so not sure buddies is the issue from what we hear.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, if you are one of her buddies, then you probably wouldn't have. What can you say about a leader that tries to bribe her team to stay with gift cards from Starbucks as opposed to really working on a retention plan. Ineffective maybe?