Contract

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Feb 17, 2017 at 8:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Today I heard my district has been chosen to include a contract rep who will have respiratory and maybe diabetes. Anyone else ?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't look now but there is a good chance that the contract rep will be very experienced and highly decorated. It's all about timing and geography. Trust me this rep will probably know a lot more about the business than you expect, and you can learn a thing or two from them. Oh, and yes, that may be you someday.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yes, because after they gave packages and let many go. Contract companies can hire them for far less because they are in desperation for a job.

Be careful you will be next

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been working with contract reps over the last several years at another company. I have yet to see a contract rep that works as hard as the tenured employee. What I witness is check the box mentality more so than the full timer. I'm not saying that there aren't "checked out" full timers, its just contract reps do not have as much skin in the game for the company. Contract defenders can spin all you want, this is based on my own personal experience.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm a contract employee and I agree w/ this observation. Usually the contract is just for call support and we are told to just hit our call matrix. The contract is going to end at some point so the companies drug is just a widget to us, hopefully we move market share but if we don't most of us don't seat it. For me, I've already had a long career in Pharma and this is just filler, at a lower pay, until I officially retire. It's a good full time / partime hours gig that meets my needs.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well stated.
    1. Contract people rarely get the best customers. They get low hanging fruit to to make calls against.

2. While market share movement is the goal, the bigger goal is meeting the call plan attainment as designed by the contract.

3. It there is no market share change, the contract people say "see we met or exceeded the call attainment based on the customers you gave us." The Company's hands are tied because they knew there was little business there, that is why the internal employees retained best customers and contract got the lowhanging non-fruit.

4. When the contract ends, only the reps who made the attainment get the chance to get moved to other contracts. My contract person kept trying to follow me around because she knew she was wasting her time with people I long gave up on. BUT...even though she was effective in joining in on my calls, her attainment suffered because she was spending too much time with me--- on non-targets. She was let go and not offered another contract.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will be just for managed care portion no product sales. Watch how you talk about contract reps you may be one someday....they are usually very experienced reps who get paid on market share, I was one for AZ but now I work for AZ after our contract was over.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, I've had a completely different experience. I would have traded my last 2 contract counterparts in a New York minute over the 2 other lazy, overpaid, knuckle headed AZ partners I had. What was really funny was when the specialty rep had me and the Publicis rep stand up in front of the whole region and called us out for carrying her speaker program. The 2 of us generated 15 of the 16 attendees. Larry and Curly were able to manage 1 low writer between them....who goes to everything to scarf a free meal. Should have seen them scurry over to the CBD at the break with all their BS excuses.