Contacted by recruiter and have a serious question....

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by anonymous, Jun 14, 2016 at 8:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is Sunovion any different than working at a big Pharma co. Why or why not? I agreed to do the phone screen but want to find out the real deal and not the koolade drinking version before a f2f.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been here a short time and it's not exactly big pharma. No pods or overlapping partners. Small by big pharma standards. Somewhat metric driven but nothing like the Pfizer, Novartis, GSK's of the world. Good people so far as I can tell. Pays well.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Extremely performance driven so you better be able to move sales

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol... You better be able to follow a script and deliver metric #s... Critical thinkers need not apply.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What division? Came from big pharma and on Latuda side. Been here 3 years. Best move ive made.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A lot of ex-Big Pharma have come to Sunovion, all have same feeling, great culture, performance driven, above average pay and benefits, good people. If you don't like being held accountable, then it may not be the best place. We have our fair share of whiny losers who will tell you different or complain about leadership, but that's no different than anywhere else.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting responses. Sounds like there is some division within the ranks. I guess that is with any company especially on this site when people can freely speak their minds. From what I learned thus far, the no counterparts and base salary is a plus. The metrics tracking and scripted sales calls not so much. As far as sales, sales are sales and making quota should be the same with any company.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you miss quota, it only grows the next quarter. You become a sinking ship.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't forget that the most negative of the negative lurk on this board. You have to "weight" the responses considering there are probably 10 pissed off low performing douchebags for every 1 general browser/poster. This is true of every company board.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And how do you classify yourself on this board? As far as this anonymous site, it attracts everything, good, bad, indifferent and also some honest truthful posts. Sometimes the truth does hurt on here. It's easy for mgmt to pass off these truthful posts as an angry fired isolated rep but that itself is not always true.. This type view can also be viewed as a controlling micro mgmt view that can also be viewed as dishonesty. Again , this post is not an angry post looking to blast mgmt or the company however more designed to show that there are some honest posts on this site.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm sure there are SOME honest posts on here but whether on this board or another company board the posts are overwhelmingly negative. I don't see a lot of threads started talking about something good about this or any company. Therefore anyone seeking actual information about this or any company should filter said info through the disgruntled douchebag filter.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sure appear very defensive and self assuming. This site is NOT a controlled company site where people are told what to say and when to say it. It's an open forum that encourages open and honest discussion that would obviously not be allowed within the company setting. It's very shallow to think that the people who posts on here are underperforming and troubled employees. Yes there may be some who fit that description but to assume all fit that category is very self assuming and shallow of you. Again, don't be so defensive and insecure when you read posts on here. There is honest material which can actually be valuable on here. If you can't handle the material on here, stick to reading the company employee surveys which may not give you true reality but will give you all the glossy and koolade answers that will get you feeling really hyped. Again, don't twist this response into being anything but a truthful post.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then every pharma company representated on this site must be the most hellish place to work with the dumbest leadership, crappiest products, and worst managed care coverage in the world. All I'm saying is that on every company board I've visited the negative comments far outweigh the positive. Anyone coming here and expecting objectivity should recognize this forum for what it is. I guess I am stereotyping a little but usually people winning awards and making huge bonuses don't bitch about how bad they have it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"usually people winning awards and making huge bonuses don't bitch about how bad they have it." (Quote)

Actually this is a self assuming comment and spin tactic. Turnover here has been very high and it's not ONLY low,performers leaving. Yes "people winning awards and making huge bonuses" are leaving." Money is the easy excuse and safe comment used by reps leaving but it usually runs much deeper than that. Any good rep likes to be innovative and feel trusted without being micro managed. Not hating just stating.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you speak for "any good rep"? Not to mention you didn't address the other part of my statement. Is there not one company represented on this site that is a decent place to work? Because every board I've been on has the same negative things said.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look I can't speak to your defensiveness and assumptions, that's on you. All I know is the reality is turnover is high here and it's not just low performing reps leaving. Micro mgmt is not a welcomed thing for any level of sales rep whether it's a trip winner or a low performer. Nobody wants to be given a script to follow and given trackers to follow. "Good reps" like to make money and be successful but not under a micro mgmt culture. When that happens they will dust off the resumes and turnover rates drastically increase. Again, that's reality and not a pie in the sky.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mgmt here continues to deny the high turnover rate. They take no accountability for anything despite alarming rates of high turnover from home office, RBD, MSL and rep positions. They just live in denial and roll the ball down hill foolishly believing the high turnover is ONLY due to people finding better opportunities. Hello mgmt look in the mirror!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Consider where you are and what you're asking. Happy, hard working reps don't generally troll this site, so I'd say you got a pretty positive response rate considering who your sample came from

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

By George I think you've got it. Lol. There are lots of good people leaving and I would agree that leadership needs to not be so gullible as to why good people are leaving.