Concentrator only 50%

Discussion in 'Rotech' started by Anonymous, Jul 12, 2015 at 8:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We did'nt have any replacement concentrators, so i unhooked the alarm and told the patient it was a loose power plug.
    Anybody else having problems keeping working concentrators in stock?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should share your money saving work around to management, I see a bonus in your future.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think I'd dare write this down on company files. Probably one of those "nod and a wink" management
    deals.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would"nt the better idea just be to work for a company that cared about patient care? 90 percent of rotechs concentrators should have been retired 10 yrs ago,its down right shameful.They think thier slick and that no one notices

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nonesense. Just because a concentrator is a little older does'nt mean it is not rebuilt to "as new" factory specs.
    Rotech is no dfferent in that regard than any other vendor.
    Next.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is some very sweet sunshine your spreading,to bad its not true.......NEXT!!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you have anything better to do? Do you even work for Rotech?
    I'm sure the answers to the above is "No".
    No one cares what you think.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking for my location, our concentrators are better than most of our competitors.
    Just a matter of perception.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The concentrator is no good. What you should do is inform the patient asap and provide tanks until the company can provide a working concentrator. Yes this is serious.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ive seen rotech concentraters with over 100,000 hours on them,hows that for perception? would you like your parents on one like that?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

let me guess,your rotechs manager of temper tantrums?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't mean it can't be rebuilt but 9 times out of 10 it probably hasn't been. We have had 10 year old concentrators in our location that should have been trashed but the AM would not allow it. Our location would send them to transfill because they were alarming or would not calibrate to standards. The very next week they came back just as bad as before. They had not even been wiped down. The PST, based on past history, would check to make sure the calibration was accurate, only to find that it was still below norm. Excuse after excuse was made for the employees of transfill.

Rotech may be no different than any other vendor but that does not make it right. Wouldn't want a member of my family to get one of the concentrators. If you are truthful, you wouldn't either.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a bunch of lies. According to policy, any concentrator not meeting spec is exchanged.
    NO sub-par concentrators are knowingly out there on patients.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh huh. Company policy says a sub par concentrator should not go into the patient home. Yet the business won't give you new concentrators to service the patient needs. So what happens? Sub par concentrators end up in the patient homes and it's the poor service rep's fault who is getting paid 12/hour. Maybe these conc's are putting out the O2 but they are alarming or noisy or uncleanable or wreak of smoke. Yeah let's fill a poor lady's house who is dying of lung cancer with second hand smoke off this old smokey concentrator.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kind of overstating this, are'nt you?
    Home oxygen isn't considered "life support".

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah I mean it's not like you are billing for a full month and promising the patient will have oxygen for the entire month are you? Wait a second....

You are idiots to work for this company. Your check is paid by Medicare to provide a service to these patients and you fail to provide it. What's the word for billing Medicare for services that aren't rendered?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh Please- This isn't fraud.
    Concentrators do break down.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes they do break down. And you are billing a Medicare code promising it is in working condition and if it's not that you will replace it. Your company and its employees are a scam.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is why the company's reputation is shot. Stick the equipment in the home weather it works or not. I would fire any service tech who wouldn't come to me because the equipment didn't work.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quality of equipment - FAIL
    Quality of employee - FAIL

I think there's more integrity than living off welfare than working for this company.