Company car allowance

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jan 20, 2016 at 7:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey AZ,
    With gas obviously hovering @1.60 vs over $4, don't you think the "right" thing to do would be to have less $ forced out of our paycheck at this point? Gas is obviously the biggest cost here....just a thought. I'd bet it hasn't even been discussed.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree 100% with your thoughts. $70 a pay is very high especially when we are limited to 350 personal mies a month. Gas prices are now 50% or more less. Come on AZ, do the right thing!Give us some of our money back.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. I really do not drive the vehicle for personal use. Probably 10_miles a year but I am forced to pay the stupid fee. We used to be able to opt out of the mandatory fee. I know reps that put upwards of 50 k of personal miles.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dont count on the reduction BUT it is bullshit that they don't lower it. The industry rolled that out specifically in response to high gas prices in 2006 or so. AZ is the only company that limits the personal miles that I know of, ridiculous.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are ripping us off and now they stopped paying for our internet. Time to look for greener pastures.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh sure!! You will think differently when you have to go out and find a real job in a few months. When the massive layoffs occur we are all going to wish we had this cushy job back even if we had to drive our own cars and pay for our own gas. This is the kind of entitled whining that is costing us all respect. Anyone who thinks the car payment started in 2006 doesn't have a fucking clue what they are talking about. This has been the policy at AZ since the Model T.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not every one's territory is 20 miles across, mine is 650 miles across. The territory was dumped on me because the other reps had kids. We have god knows how cbds, 4 ebds etc. Too much management

..dsms with 7 reps ? Fire my cbd who serves no purpose and AZ can pay for the internet which is necessity .

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, the job market is the best it has been in years. No worries!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dickhead, re-read my post. I did not say AZ adopted it in 2006, I said the industry did. I was at J&J at the time and have no idea what you guys were doing. All I said was the industry rolled it out in response to $3 plus gas prices. Truth.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good grief people, the bottom line is that the OP was just sayin' that when gas prices go up, the AZ car allowance has done the same. As oil prices go down, the opposite should be true. All this entitlement BS, gimme a break...when you get up and go to work, think about how YOU are paying entitlement to those that don't work.....yeah,you work for you,your family,etc, but part of that pays for others to do nothing,every day your at work, others that TAKE from you are not working. We are not entitled now ,nor have we ever, with a car,gas,internet, etc. EVERY job,every single one, has "perks". That's simply one of the perks inside this industry. Don't consider job perks as entitlements.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bullshit. Every fucking company that allows personal use of the car charges for it. It is required by the tax code to either tax it as a benefit or charge for it. Look it up you clueless pos.
    They increase the monthly fees to stay in line with inflation where the price of gas is factored in.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you agree or disagree that our deduction should be lowered? Someone's padding the coffers vs the cost of gas!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You idiots, it's all set by the irs. So,complain to them. You could also do AZ a favor and quit. You clearly aren't that bright. A better use of your time might be to actually do your job or get out and find a real job. The bums will always loose! Lebowski, the bums will always loose!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't want their stupid car. Just give me a monthly car allowance like our contract reps get and I will drive the car of my choosing.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More proof that AZ hires some really stupid people. If you don't want the option of using the car for personal use then simply opt out. It is a great deal that most of us take full advantage of.
    Just lie like crazy on your miles and keep it under 350 per month. It is the same as faking sales calls which we all do. Lying is the culture here and nobody gives a shit because the boss is doing it too.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmmm... Getting paid to do nothing with health care, life insurance, cell phones and a car to boot. As a pharmaceutical rep, you create or provide nothing of value and are no different than a welfare recipient, you just get paid a lot more. At least own up to that fact before you judge anyone else.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fuck off troll, if it wasn't for reps ,technological advances would move very slowly , and no ,doctors do not have time to scan the internet.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you opt out you don't get a car allowance like reps that don't get a company car do. That is the better deal, especially if you get a older vehicle that is good on gas.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are so very deluded my friend. If it makes you feel better, just keep drinking the kool-aid, right up to the bitter end.