Closing the Biomet Deal

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by Anonymous, Mar 1, 2015 at 8:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Teezer s is hiring

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So how many more got relieved from duties prior to the holiday weekend?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does it matter? What kind of question is this? If people did not think that layoffs and downsizing were going to happen then they were fools! Especially in admin and other supportive roles.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are they keeping all the HR personnel from Biomet and Zimmer ? Two directors? Makes no sense.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biomets Director is not moving over, not sure when her last day is. A lot of the upper level hr staff did not make the cut, most are moving on to greener pastures. Zimmer HR has a stigma... shame there wasn't a greater mix of Biomet people being brought over to fix some of that.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs in CS last week and this week... not unexpected but numbers large.. Good luck to those let go... Allot of good people.. Global numbers are higher than I even expected... The next wave will be even larger in 6 months. Hearing shipping and MNG next.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told I have to train the smith and nephew rep on the ZUK. And attend the first case with the SN rep and my doctor to provide any assistance. I have not been trained on the biomet Uni and SN reps are allready getting the ZUK and the business? Did I miss something? Am I not allowed to convert my surgeon to the biomet Uni? What the hell is going on? This deal must be closed if SN is selling the ZUK allready. Where is the biomet Uni???

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard this also. Was told we have no choice, it was part of the buyout deal.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you have to do is sign a form that says your surgeon approached you asking for information on the Oxford or the Vanguard M (fixed bearing uni). Get the form from your distributor or AVP.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have friends at both Biomet and Zimmer regulatory and marketing. Anyone know who was let go? Thanks.

God help them transition quickly somewhere.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news of us selling off or shutting down Microfixation in Jacksonville?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi volume Zimmer rep here!! 30 years no unis. They don't work. By the way, Knee Creation SCP works. Tops in the nation. Boo ya
    PS whoever this guy that wrote this stuff about me probably doesn't make what my landscaper does. Enjoy your Ramen Noodles tonight

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ego = money problems. Good luck with that.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put a Uni in one of my docs PA's. She's done great for over 4 years, and is extremely thankful that she was spared the total knee for a few years. She's young and will have a revision in her life. You are a typical peice of shit for not giving options to your doctor and his patients. And, FYI. All high volume reps sell plenty of uni's. Not one doesn't. The numbers don't lie. Quit pretending to be your senior rep and just get the trays there on time.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably spot on with the asr rep comment. Poor guy watching his rep live his dream. It's the same troll from the ZUK board anyways. Very few reps been here really long, and they all do lots of uni's. Go troll elsewhere.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so on the quarterly report released today, is that $60Million from Biomet everything they did or is that just one broken out segment, because that is less than 10% of Zimmer Standalone (legacy) business. If that is the case, why the heck are so many from Biomet group in sales functions in the merged company, particularly the higher levels?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually is less than 10% of just Americas only

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The $60MM is from just 5 selling days that occurred between close (6/24/15) and the end of the quarter. That annualizes out to $3.12BB ($12MM x 260 selling days) added top line revenue if they can sustain it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Having the GM of Knees leave today is a huge blow. No one more respected. No further comment needed.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GM of Knees?? You MUST be talking about someone from Biomet - not the Wright Medical castoff that McCaulley hired who leaves a trail of Persona recalls in his wake. Managed to make almost his entire leadership team leave the company or flee to other business units.