Chantix suicide numbers are out

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 29, 2007 at 8:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also check out this webpage it is on top of the ball regarding Food safety

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Liar.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Loser.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is wrong with the last two people who replied to others postings?!!
    This is a very serious issue that is effecting the lives of families and all you can do is say that people are "lying" or are "losers" after being touched negatively by this medication.

I'm sorry to say that this IS real. I wrote a while back in this post about losing my father to suicide after 2 months of taking Chantix. Believe me when I tell you that there was NO reason other that this medication for what he did. He was happy, healthy, never had a history of any psychological issues, and had every reason to live.

Please think before you joke about other people's experiences. As much as you might like to think so, this is not a joke in our lives.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry for those who had negative experiences with Chantix, however, it doesn't mean that everyone does or will. I took Chantix and other than strange dreams, I had no side effects. I was happier taking Chantix than smoking.

Chantix effects everyone differently. It's not fair to say that Chantix causes depression or suicide, because there is no way to confirm it. I believe the people who were negatively effected by Chantix had other issues going on in their lives. I don't think it's fair to blame one thing for suicide. Typically, suicide is a result of many issues combined, not just one pill.

With that said, I do think the duration Chantix is prescribed for is too long. These days people are completely fine with medicated themselves for as long as they are told to or longer. I say take Chantix if you want, monitor your body and mood, and stop taking as soon as you can. Just because a doctor says to take it for 12 weeks, doesn't mean you have to. I took Chantix for two weeks, quit smoking and stopped taking the pills.

It takes more than a pill to quit smoking. It takes will power, support, and environmental and emotional changes. It's a hard thing to do, but never give up hope and never rely on a pill to do all the hard work for you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been taking Chantix for 2 weeks and smoke free for one week. After smoking 2 to 3 packs a day for 22 years. I have had no bad experiences with Chantix. Besides some really AWESOME dreams! The person above me has made more sense than a lot of you! Every drug effects every person different! It says right on the bottle "DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION"! If there is a real problem it is with the makers of alcohol! The people that we should really be apologizing to are the entire Families that get wiped out from drunk drivers that a lot of the time live just to do it again!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your an idiot. been on it for a lil while now and I work my A@# off every night at my job and then from home . Lazy huh cause it might take a drug to save a life and provide me with the dreams to see my son graduate. All drugs have side effects and some well aren't great. For some it may save a deminishing future. I'm not shooting your actual opinion just your dumb run of the mill answer to a not so light addiction called nicotine. Have your opinion but dont be an idiot offending good people who chemically need a lil help with addiction.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't see the point of this post. Smoking is suicidal

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe we should just take tobacco off the market. It kills. This would solve many problems.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I took Chantix for 3 months, quit smoking for 5, started smoking again, back on the Chantix giong into second week. I have noticed some mild off-and-on depression. Then again, I am having health and financial difficulties and my mother passed away a few weeks ago. But (and I am serious, so only serious responses, please), I have noticed a new sense of "what the hell." Now maybe that is more in response to health/financial issues which I'm doing all I can about and I've just wised up and decided not to get so stressed out about that stuff. I just wonder if anyone out there has experienced anything else unusual in their emotional makeup. Maybe suicide is extreme and some people exprience some depression and some of them become manic depressive/suicidal. I am so sorry about the people who committed suicide while taking Cantix but I can't escape the imagery of myself dying a painful death had I not kicked the habit with the help of this drug. Isn't smoking an indication of being somewhat suicidal anyway? Maybe the answer is all smokers are suicidal in nature and it just so happens that some of them remained that way even while quitting. I am also interested in how many of the people who committed suicide successfully quit smoking. This entire situation certainly needs to be addressed but I don't think the jumping off point should be that Chantix causes people to kill themselves!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dopeyheads:
    Smoking stimulates nicotine receptors. When these receptors are stimulated, people FEEL GOOD. That is why smoking is addictive. If a person quits smoking, he/she will not get the benefit of nicotine receptor stimulation.
    Should not be a huge problem for the most part, unless you have an underlying condition: depression.
    Chantix is unfairly getting the blame.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By far the funniest reply I've ever read on this site.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In Answer to your question. 100% of the people who commited suicide quit smoking

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Remember that less than 10% cases of any ADE are reported to FDA. So 50 is more like 500..

Remoniband (similar mechinism)was not approved by FDA because of the side effect of depression!

Pfizer will keep giving this drug more warnings and maybe a black box just to keep this on market.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never thought I would ever quit smoking. I heard a few people talking about their success with Chantix. I took Chantix for 1 month. I had no desire to smoke but the first night I took it I woke up the next morning after what seemed to be 9 hours of a horrific novel I was living. I felt like I was living the nightmare. It was extremely vivid, scary, bizarre, and lasted from the time I fell asleep and continued for the next nine hours. I got up and ready for work thinking what a terrible night sleep. I felt like I was awake the entire time and truly lived the entire dream. Day #2 SAME EXPERIENCE but just a different frightening vivid and real like nightmare. And the same went for day 3 4 5 ........My mind was messing with me because I felt like I hadn't slept any of those nights and became slightly paranoid. But I didnt want to pick up a ciggy. So I told myself that I have been sleeping every night for 9 to 10 hrs and I am healthy and energetic. Then comes day 6 7 8 9 ...to day 30. Chantix helped me to not pick up a ciggy. But those novel life like endless nightmares were horrible. I stopped taking chantix and started smoking a few days later. I havent decided if I can go through those horribly scary nights again but might give it another try because the cigarette (to me) is a trap that I feel someone should be in big trouble for exposing an epidemic drug like this. We live in a world in which "people" new cigs would hook us and maybe kill us which was a great way of making everlasting money. Sick sick world. I hate ciggys and someone is happily making money while people are dying. Sick world. Get us hooked take our money and kill us. But we know better because of the "little warning". America is all about money!! Look at (some ) pharm reps and DR.s (of all people Dr.s) How come everywhere i turn someone gets diagnsed with add/adhd after minutes of meeting the DR. All of a sudden everyone is talking about adderall. Growing up we were taught to listen to what the Dr. says. Dr's orders. Never thought there would be dirty docters. But I'm sure they sleep like babies the richer and richer they get. Keep prescribing the pills. Before we know it the pills will be our meals. This is just a thought that i a expressing in words. Could you imagine if it were true? Would anyone do anything about it if it were?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This just in....Pfizer will be opening up a whole new arm of the Chantix study to include people who committed suicide after reading this boring-ass thread.

Just stop smoking you weak-ass dipshit and take responsibility for your actions. Nobody needs this stupid-ass drug anyways.

SMOKING IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU!
    YOUR CHOICE = YOUR ACTIONS = YOUR RESULTS. Get it???

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the ignorant person that said “Just stop smoking you weak-ass dipshit and take responsibility for your actions. Nobody needs this stupid-ass drug anyways.” - You obviously have lived a perfect life! You are must be God on Earth and have absolutely no flaws. Do you really think it is that easy to just quit? Go criticize somewhere else!!!

DUH that smoking is not good for you. Why do you think people result to smoking cessations to quit?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sheer will can overcome smoking. If you have no will and CHOOSE to use some dumbass drug, then don't whine when it makes you want to kill yourself. You are killing yourself EITHER way! That gets us back to sheer will and healthy diversions to conquer your triggers. Buck up, suck up, and bounce back when you **** up! Ya little weeny!