Chantix suicide numbers are out

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 29, 2007 at 8:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I came to this forum at wit's end because of what my wife is going through trying to stop smoking using Chantix. In short, she too is suffering SEVER depression and suicidal thoughts, and it helps to hear from others who have been there.
    That said, I simply wish to say the following:
    To all of you insensitive morons who think a "Post Reply" button on an online forum somehow turns you into Marcus Freakin Welby, or entitles you to ridicule what you don't understand or haven't experienced, go do something more productive, like shout at the invisible aliens on the sidewalks.
    For you ax-grinding hotheads whose unquestionable knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry is gleaned entirely from ambulance chasers and headlines aimed at those with the attention-span of a gnat and the spelling-skills to match ("Omigod, I read it on the internet so it MUST be true!!!"): ask the people who endure agonizing arthritis and AIDS and cancer how happy they'd be if we did away with all their meds simply because the companies that make them are run by greedy humans. Or better yet, just stay in your hut with your shootin'-iron aimed at the revenuers!
    Your knee-jerk, barfly wisdom only shows you to be who you really are: unhelpful, uneducated Poor Richard wannabes who can’t distinguish their shortsighted verbal turds from pearls of wisdom.
    Yes, the pharmaceutical industry is just that: an industry. Like EVERY other venture in this capitalistic society, it is driven by greed. It also has some BRILLIANT scientists working on solutions to problems that make life almost unbearably by a growing percentage of the population. You think we live longer just because they now print "Organic" on some of our groceries or because some schmuck wrote a new diet book? Cover-ups and lies notwithstanding, it’s funny how our litigious “save me from myself” mindset seems to justify full-on crucifixion of pharmaceutical companies if something bad happens to us ("Of course VIOXX caused the heart-attack! I’ve been smoking three packs a day my whole life and never had one before!"), but we threaten lawsuits if we suspect drugs aren’t being brought to market fast enough. EVERY drug has side effects; Hell, ASPIRIN wouldn’t get approved if it were just being developed today! You MUST weight the good against the bad AND you have to tell people about it. Bottom line: people are generally lazy, and that applies to those who resort to drugs without trying safer means or lifestyles, and pharmaceutical companies who want your money. Is there anyone who is actually surprised by either?
    For those who have had no side effects from this drug, as with most people who take prescription meds: excellent! For those who have been able to quit smoking some other way, including but not limited to using your strength of will to berate others who are not as evolved as you obviously are, go you!
    Leave the rest of us to actually try and HELP each other, OK?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chantix- indicated for Patriot fans who want to jump off a bridge

3. Thanks for posting you are brilliant. Good luck to your wife

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am 46. Mcdonalds provides food- Our bodies need it to keep working. Too much of anything aint good. Alcohol in moderation is actually good for you-(see France). Is smoking in moderation good for you? I will answer that for you -NO. It kills you. It is 2008- if you are still smoking and not doing all you can to quit you are a selfish dumbass. Please respond

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smoke'm if you got'em boys!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it is the dose of the poison that kills you. McDonalds once and a while is cool. Moderate amounts of wine are helpful. Moderate exercise (I actually over did this and injured myself). Just manage your risks wisely.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Fuckwit-

Get a clue before you start farting out of your mouth...

55 suicides is EXTREMELY LOW when you take into account that the drug has been written over 4 million times. The average suicide rate in the U.S. is 10.9 deaths per 100,000 people and 25 attempts per death. If you took 4 million people who have never even heard of Chantix, you would have over 400 deaths in the group!!! DO THE SIMPLE MATH r***** AND STOP TRYING TO SCARE PEOPLE WITH YOUR SENSATIONALIZED BULLSHIT !!!! Do I dare even mention how many people die every year from lung cancer....GET A FUCKING CLUE LOSER !!!!

8. Are you FUCKING kidding me??? Quitting smoking GREATLY decreases your risk for Cancer dumbass.....whT KIND OF STUPID ASS BS ARE YOU READING ON THE INTERNET??

9. Peggity

Peggity Guest

Silk tie guy, You are a toxic person.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're ignorant... what are you so angry about ... you're product will soon be coming off the market and you might miss a few bonus dollars for lying to people. Why don't you take some Chantix yourself.... since you're so sure it isn't harmful... better yet give it to your mom, or wife (is someone is desparate enough to marry you)... then report back the TRUTH ... which I know is hard for you to ever speak if it isn't benefiting you... self-center narcissist. Bye Bye Chantix... won't be long know... the story is out!!

11. SilkTieGuy

SilkTieGuy Guest

Toxic? No.

Just doin' my job.

How would you like to be working for JJ Reynolds? Now, THERE's toxic!

12. Phil Morris

Phil Morris Guest

Chantix is a very dangerous product. It should be taken off of the market ASAP. Long live Menthol!

13. RJ Reynolds

RJ Reynolds Guest

I agree w/ Phil. Lets get this dangerous product out of the hands of Doctors.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm currently using Chantix (on my2nd week) and found everyone's posts informative. Am currently monitoring any changes in behavior. Have noticed some dreaming and haven't completely quit smoking yet.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LET ME MAKE SURE TO SEAL THE DEAL THEN

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big Pharma rather hides studies about drugs than help patients. Hell, most the condition drugs are being given for don't need them in the first place.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some vaccines and penicillin helped kill of great epidemics, but now illnesses and chronic conditions which used to be rare are getting really common. Our whole environment has changed and with toxins and carcinogens all around us. We have so many ingredients here in the USA which have long been banned in Europe known to cause cancer. We lack exercise, nutrition, fresh air, and we have countless of chemical food additives (preservatives, colors, flavors, binders, sweeteners, pesticide residues [USDA recently approved a pesticide fro strawberries which is banned in Europe, yummy strawberries for kids!]), and many chemicals we put on our skin, bathe kids in, brush our teeth with and many more.

100,000s of kids are being given cocaine like prescription drugs (ritalin) for something called "adhd", and yet nobody looks at the fact that our schools are full of soda machines and junk food? Give kids more exercise, cut out the soda and amount sugar consumed and ban the junkfood in school and teach children about diet and it's effect, problem solved! We successfully taught our kids for hundreds years without needing prescription medications, it's not our kids genes that changed in 100 years to make them hyperactive, it's the environmental factors.

Our FDA does not care about the American people and lets dangerous drugs continue to be on the market for a long time while perfectly safe natural sweeteners like stevia (which has been used for centuries) get banned in the same year a blockbuster controversial chemical sweetener hits the market. We need pharmaceuticals, but the amount of useless and needless medications which have dangerous side-effects, or the ones which harm more than help are overflowing the market and are just as common by now as the good ones. We have so many condition which can be changed by natural means and even prevented with natural means, which the mainstream medicine of America of course calls "nonsense", although never having studied it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a science to selecting drugs, allowing certain pesticides and managing health risks to the population. Europe had been behind the US for decades. Why are drugs approved in Europe before the US if the FDA is so lax? Now maybe Europe has caught up, but try finding a nonsmoking hotel in Paris if you think the air is so pure there. Go to a movie in Greece. You can hardly see the screen because of the second hand smoke. Check out the statuess that are dissolving and the forests that are dying there. The canals in Venice are full of untreated sewage! Europe can't seem to manage a small heat-wave without losing thousands of people. Oh, the humanity.

Then, try getting an education. Lean something about toxicology and the adoption of safety factors. Review a real risk profile and compare it to YOUR behavior. Hope you don't live in Denver or have radon in your home. Radon has been around a lot longer the a few centuries. What good are fruits and vegetables if they rot before you can buy them? In summary, it is a terribly complex issue that is being handled pretty well.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm from Germany and can say first hand that for some reason Europe is better at banning dangerous chemicals and pesticides than the US is. I'm also aware that it doesn't always apply to drugs, and have never said that. This was not supposed to be a comparison between Europe and US, sorry you took it that way. Just trying to mention that many substances known to be harmful are still legal in the US while they are banned in many other countries. In the end it is the consumers who have to be responsible and not buy food with all that crap in it, which will hurt whoever makes it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take Monsanto for example. They produce a growth hormone for milk, which is known to promote cancer, and is still legal. Now these are the same guys who made Agent Orange and DDT and are not being stopped from polluting this planet with Genetically engineered food. Again, these guys are being blocked in Europe while they are having a party in the US. Monsanto actually managed to sew farmers for "patent infringement" when their crops where infected by gmo carried over by the wind, now that's evil. The FDA is not our friend atm.