Changes to what you can expense in 2017

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Dec 24, 2016 at 2:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So......everybody received the recent FCC but did you read it carefully and open the links? Here are the changes that will be taking place in 2017: You must submit receipts for every expense, you can no longer expense home internet, if you book one-day air travel you will not be able to expense your lunch, if you book overnight air travel you can only expense your breakfast and dinner and lastly you will not be able to expense airline club fees. With regards to your home internet, GSK is planning on issuing iPhone 7s sometime next year to every rep (all expenses billed back to GSK) and at that time reps will no longer be able to expense internet for their iPads. They expect you to carry your iPhones and use it as a hot spot if you want to connect to the internet. All I can say is WOW! Any thoughts out there?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Watch the time on your receipts also. Your work mileage will be compared with your team. An appointed employee usually from an adjoining district will be instructed to monitor your leaving and coming home. Finally, what I heard is that we will need to report upcoming time off including vacations at least 3 days ahead of time.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sparky, my thoughts are that you should be spending time with your family given that you sent this on Christmas Eve. That is unless family means that you are back down in moms basement playing PlayStation and waiting for her to come down with Tang and Rice Crispy bars. And later there is homemade Mac-n-cheese.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would be nice to get an iPhone 7 paid for by the company. I've purchased my own cell phone for the last 20 years. I didn't know the company would pay for it. There will be added cost making your phone into a hotspot - I'm fine with that as long as they pay for it

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not all divisions, sales excluded.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it is terribly unfair that they will be now asking us to work and to be honest with our expenses. Time to look for a new job.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like a pay cut to me!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You may now expense it but not if it is cooked.
    [​IMG]

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, a cut in your total benefits.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It all looks reasonable. Only a crybaby would complain.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You may now expense this for the waiting room (WR):
    [​IMG]

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope, we used those back in the 70's to wash cars.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You may expense this, only while it is alive and sleeping.
    [​IMG]

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4G LTE is faster than the cable Internet we have. Makes sense that they would rather provide a data plan that you can take with you. They can also negotiate a contract with a single provider this way. My thoughts are you are like someone complaining about the cabin furnishings aboard the Titanic.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol the company can can now use the gps on the iPhone 7 to time date all your movements. Uh oh I guess you lazy reps are going to start working a full day! As a stock holder I say .

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm fine with it as long as Live Meetings go away. They use a ton of data.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't be silly. All companies, even sewer grate cover manufacturing companies have live meetings. No one likes them, but the drinks are free. Man up and enjoy.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You may expense sea cucumber for the office visit
    [​IMG]

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's right as long as they are under $2.00 per box of 100.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ahh the old GPS tracking reps scare tactic. Remember folks, GSK fought and fought hard (U.S. Supreme Court) to keep sales reps as "exempt" employees. Which means, reps can come and go as they please assuming their core job responsibilities are complete. Expense reports, analytical dashboard reports, reading and responding to e-mail, balancing samples, etc are all considered work. So the first time a manager, or any person within our company uses GPS to track you, GSK will end up paying millions and incur federal penalties which would most likely result in the firing of many in management. You want to track my days? Bring it on! Don't let a rouge manager tell you different. I am giving you the facts. Research it if you want. All you "working mommies" who run off at 10AM to do your pilates class, you are actually within your rights. It pains me to say it, but you are fine. Damn!