Cerefolin

Discussion in 'Pan American Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Sep 22, 2004 at 9:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cost should not be a concern for quaility of life. isn't $120.00 a month worth it if you think it is helping? We work on commission not on hand outs! This is what management tells us anyway. So sad that a caregiver gets directed to this site when she probably did a web search.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please don't let doctors push you around...you must be an advocate for the person who can no longer do it. Doctors are all jerks, even the "nice" ones are jerks. Call your doctor back and politely ask for Cerefolin. You have to be in control when you deal with them, remember...you pay them, not the other way around.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    I have been reading with much interest for the last couple of weeks, and am almost afraid to post. My mom has had Alzheimers since 2001. She's been on the reminyl (which is now called razadine?) and also when the namenda came out she began that with the razadine. Last March she ended up on a respirator for two weeks and in the hospital for six. The Alzheimer's really became much worse. For six weeks after that she was in a nursing home learning how to walk again. I teach, so at the end of the school year I brought her home. The summer was rough as she had all kinds of therapists in the house. Anyway, during the summer she couldn't even hold a conversation. Both her primary care and neurologist were reluctant to give her any more meds, so I ended up taking her to a psychiaritrist. He did prescribe ritalin and cerefolin. This combination has helped her tremendously. All her therapists agree on it too.

My question: I called her neurologist for some other business and I mentioned the cerefolin and also how expesive it was because my mom's income is only $800 a month. She does receive Medicaid, but that is uncovered. If that was the only uncovered med it wouldn't be bad. I am thoroughly convinced that the Cerefolin is helping. No, I'm not with PamLab. Up until three weeks ago, I never knew they existed. My mom's neurologist was trying to help, so she told me to come in and she'd give me some samples. I didn't realize it until I got home, but what she gave me was 60 FOLTX. Is there too much of a difference between the two drugs to substitute Foltx for Cerefolin? Could I add a vitamin to the Foltx to make it comparible? She has folic acid, vitamin B 6, and vitamin B 12 at home (none of which she takes anymore). I know none of you are physicians, at least I think I know that. From my reading it sounded like you're very familar with the two pills. I hope someone can help! Thank you very much for your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

read some of the other posts on here about the dangers of taking too much folic acid/b vitamins...do not have your mom take cerefolin, it is dangerous and the people on here that are advising you to are liars. they say they work for a "christian" company but a study came out that says their products are dangerous but yet they are still selling them, just told to do it from a different angle, good ethics people.
    i couldn't believe what i read and then i remembered the type of people who work for that company, disgusting.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have not taken the advice of anyone on here, but I do know for a fact that the improvement our family has seen with my mom has been remarkable. I will do my part and do more research; however, before she got sick and in the hospital her primary care had her taking folic acid, B6 and B12. Obviously, she had a deficiency. Of course I want to do what is best for her, but I can not deny that the drug has helped her tremendously. Thank you for taking the time to write. It is hard to stop something that I know is helping her.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

some over the counter Vitamins have the reduce form of folic acid with out the mega dose amount! Wow, sounds like this company is horrible to work for.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the Reminyl/Razadine/Cerefolin/Ritalin Caregiver. Cerefolin has gotten those results from other Alzheimers/Dementia patients. Foltx is an inferior product and why we no longer do any marketing of FOLIC ACID. Cerefolin contains a high amount of metabolized folate and helps to heal the brain and has strong antioxidant properties. Ask your Doctor to get in touch with us at cerefolin.com for samples and a discount card that can help with the price. At 30-45 a month, that should be worth the improvement and less trips to hospital and on respirator. Get samples of Cerefolin or post your Doctor's name city, state, if in my state, I'll call on him. Thanks for your inquiry, don't listen to the other negative posts, just go with what you know!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you very much for the reply, and excuse my ignorance again, but what is the difference betweeen metabolized folate and prescription folic acid?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I forgot to post the Dr.'s name. I know she does have samples of the foltx because she gave them to me. It was actually a psy. that gave the rx for cerefolin. The other doctor is her neurologist.

Dr. Takekoshi (Neurologist)
    Clinton Township, MI

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great job home office! but you forgot to mention the potential side effects according to the norvit for stroke and cancer.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    I forgot to post the Dr.'s name. I know she does have samples of the foltx because she gave them to me. It was actually a psy. that gave the rx for cerefolin. The other doctor is her neurologist.
    Do you have a phone number and is that the city or is that a township? do you have an address as well?

Dr. Takekoshi (Neurologist)
    Clinton Township, MI

[/ QUOTE ]

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me tell you something dickhead...the least of your concerns when a loved one has AD is stroke or cancer...try watching the person forget who her grandchildren are! Jerk...typical jackass. I hate people like you!

Follow the advice of the people on this thread...find a doctor that will get you a RX card to get the discount. Your loved one deserves it!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A stroke is the least of concerns to a family? Are you serious? Are you saying that you would rather one of your family members endure a stroke than remember who you are? You are a genious! Do you have any idea what happens to a person when they have a stroke? You have to be the biggest idiot. You are willing to sacrifice quality of life for remembering someone? WOW! You must work for PAL. No patient advocacy at all, it's all about the sell!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    A stroke is the least of concerns to a family? Are you serious? Are you saying that you would rather one of your family members endure a stroke than remember who you are? You are a genious! Do you have any idea what happens to a person when they have a stroke? You have to be the biggest idiot. You are willing to sacrifice quality of life for remembering someone? WOW! You must work for PAL. No patient advocacy at all, it's all about the sell!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the previous poster...you are a complete idiot and obviously have not ever endured the long suffering of an AD patient...No...I don't work for PAL. Quite frankly I don't know if their product works or not. Genius or genious..whatever...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Let me tell you something dickhead...the least of your concerns when a loved one has AD is stroke or cancer...try watching the person forget who her grandchildren are! Jerk...typical jackass. I hate people like you!

Follow the advice of the people on this thread...find a doctor that will get you a RX card to get the discount. Your loved one deserves it!

[/ QUOTE ]

how can you possibly look at yourself in the mirror? you are absolutely disgusting. let them decide for themselves if they want to also put their family member at risk for a stroke/mi. it's your responsibility to state the side effects. you are a digusting human being. and then to reply this way to someone who is stating the facts that there are side effects....? what is wrong with you?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the previous poster...you are a complete idiot and obviously have not ever endured the long suffering of an AD patient...No...I don't work for PAL. Quite frankly I don't know if their product works or not. Genius or genious..whatever...

[/ QUOTE ]

you are from the home office or work for PAL. nice try. you are ridiculous, go away.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how can you possibly look at yourself in the mirror? you are absolutely disgusting. let them decide for themselves if they want to also put their family member at risk for a stroke/mi. it's your responsibility to state the side effects. you are a digusting human being. and then to reply this way to someone who is stating the facts that there are side effects....? what is wrong with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the real pharma world reps are required to mention the side effects of their drugs. It is called "fair balance".. Anyone can paint a pretty picture about their drug "forgetting" to include nasty little details like MI and Stroke, negative clinical findings etc. It seems that Pam Labs does not feel compelled to provide clinicians or the public anything resembling fair balance. Questionable studies involving a dozen people or fetal rat cells, when supportive of their postion are taken as gospel. If it is in their favor, it is treated as though it was touched by the hand of God. Large well funded studies that come up with less than favorable results are ignored and swept under the rug. That is why Cerefolin is a medical food. It is not a drug. If it were a drug it would not be able to withstand the medical scrutiny that a real drug undergoes. All Pam Labs folate products are based on theory and hypothesis. Any negative credible scientific data is ignored or spun. Pam Labs is riding a razor thin line ethically, legally and scientifically. How can the salespeople morally sell this stuff without providing a complete and accurate picture?

Here are a few words from the top. Remember boys, Dr's aren't interested in all that science stuff! Just tell 'em 'bout the good stuff. The steak may burning, but you can still sell that sizzle! We have never let science get in the way of selling. You boys are the best the industry has to offer. With your uncapped comissions and this paid for building, we can ride out this storm. This isn't the first challange in our march to 100 million. If anyone can put a shine on this y'all can. I believe in you and so does Jesus. Now go git 'em.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OH PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE! You mean to tell me that you ACTUALLY believe the PAL is any different than any other Pharma company out there???? If you honestly believe that, you are stupidest person God ever made.

You know as well as I do that ALL Pharma companies do this shit. Get real! Try a little intellectual honesty for a change!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    OH PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE! You mean to tell me that you ACTUALLY believe the PAL is any different than any other Pharma company out there???? If you honestly believe that, you are stupidest person God ever made.

You know as well as I do that ALL Pharma companies do this shit. Get real! Try a little intellectual honesty for a change!

[/ QUOTE ]

So then it is okay?? Nice excuse, nice way to validate it to yourself. Companies have package inserts that have all the side effects. Notice how PAL makes fun of other products b/c there are so many side effects?? Well now PAl better add the side effects to theirs and keep their mouths shut. You are pathetic, keep selling products that could potentially kill people, have fun with yourself. You would throw God in there, he is looking down on you with shame, you better get to church and ask for forgiveness.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the caregiver,
    Please don't use cafepharma as a source of information. Most of the people on this and other boards are very negative. There is no source of truth here... be it positive or negative. It is only entertainment and a source for some employees, mostly former employees to vent their frustration. Some people on here were fired some were laid off and some are just angry. I am a former rep for Pamlabs and I can tell you your very best source of information is your Doctor and the medical research that you do. You will get nothing but self serving sometimes vengful answers here. Good luck with your mother!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    To the caregiver,
    Please don't use cafepharma as a source of information. Most of the people on this and other boards are very negative. There is no source of truth here... be it positive or negative. It is only entertainment and a source for some employees, mostly former employees to vent their frustration. Some people on here were fired some were laid off and some are just angry. I am a former rep for Pamlabs and I can tell you your very best source of information is your Doctor and the medical research that you do. You will get nothing but self serving sometimes vengful answers here. Good luck with your mother!

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the doctor doesn't know all of the side effects. It doesn't look like PAL is giving them out so I would watch out for that.