CCS Medical from Pharma?

Discussion in 'Endocrinology' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2006 at 7:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is there any new advice on ccs medical?? good move or not? how are docs responding to mail order

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad move. Docs hate it. Mail Order annoys the docs. They only have time for reps that bring value or something educational / worthwhile. Who gives a sh!t about meters and strips?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was contacted for a position with Sanvita and wondering if there are anymore opinions as most were towards CCS Medical. Territory is pretty large with weekly overnight travel. Pay with bonus was well into the 100's and just wanted more insight before I go ahead with the interview process. Thanks for any help!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you considered a few steps below pharma with CCS? Is there anyone who has anything good to say about CCS? Is it possible to get a better Medical Device job after working at CCS for a while?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CCS can be good depending on where your territoy is. Most insurance plans on east coast are covered, elsewhere in the country it is a struggle for most reps to make goal. Must obtain 70% of quota to get monthly bonus. When I left a couple of months ago, only about 20% of sales force was making bonus. Low base pay, has recently seen a lot of turnover not only in sales side but Management side as well. Upper management is horrible, Dave Quick, Head of Sales, is the biggest moron I had ever experienced doesn't know his head from his ass. If you are coming from pharma I highly suggest to look elsewhere, plus with Medicare changes coming within the next 2 years, this company will be struggling.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CCS can be good depending on where your territory is. Most insurance plans on east coast are covered so it is possible to make quotas, elsewhere in the country it is a struggle for most reps to make goal due to coverages. Must obtain 70% of quota to get monthly bonus. When I left a couple of months ago, only about 20% of sales force was making bonus. Low base pay, has recently seen a lot of turnover not only in sales side but Management side as well. Upper management is horrible, Dave Quick, Head of Sales, is the biggest moron I had ever experienced doesn't know his head from his ass. If you are coming from pharma I highly suggest to look elsewhere, plus with Medicare changes coming within the next 2 years, this company will be struggling.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The jerk that is dissin David Quick do not know DQ nor what he has accomplished at CCS medical over the years. Have you ever thought maybe it's you and you just couldn't sell.......

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have anything positive to say about CCS? Are the negative posts a result of pharma reps who don't want to work hard (I am a pharma rep. not insulting others, just being realistic) or is this company really horrible?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Dave Quick has done such great things to CCS, why are there never any good posts about the company and you even get HCP's on here saying what a joke CCS is? Also, why is turnover so high in the company, if he has done such great things, nobody would want to leave, but instead everyone under him hates their position.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CCS Is a good company if you go there with the understanding that you are not going to "skate" like you do in pharma - as indicated above in the 10 - 2 comment. The top reps at CCS make a ton of $$ - I worked there for two years and left becuase it was not for me, but the above posts sound more like "haters" upset becuase they could not cut it there. The environment is more cut throat, you have the produce there - but the financial rewards are much greater than pharma. But you actually have to work!! DUH! IMAGINE THAT......Sounds like one or two people here who could not cut it there are pissed.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CCS was a great place to work until about 2 years ago when former Sales VP left diabetes sales (promotion) and 2 replacements since have been horrible.
    Overall company management is weak. Quick isn't the major problem it's his understudy who has hired terribly and now a weak RM staff who don't understand the business. They lack the ability to motivate sales people. As a result a very unmotivated, unhappy and unproductive sales team.

This company and even this industry peaked 3 years ago. Why would you want to get involved with this company? Desperate????

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CCS = BIGGEST mistake

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems to me that everyone here on every board is very, very negative. That is very annoying, especially if someone here is really looking for some good information.

CCS is a good, quality company. CCS actually helps patients in getting a great cost for their diabetes supplies. It is very challenging, and as others posters have said, you have to work. So if you want to work hard and make lots of money, this is a great job. If you don't want to work and collect signitures all day, continue to have your mind numb on a daily basis, then stay with pharma.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for CCS Medical for several years and was a top producer (top 10). The company is run by a DM out of Pennsylvania rather than the CEO and N'tl sales director. His reps make the most money because his reps have the best insurance contracts. The only exception are a few other states where they have really good insurance contracts and that rep doesn't have to get out of the bed. That DM also spends his time fishing with the national sales director during the work week. The nt'l sales director doesn't have a clue how to sell mail order diabetes supplies (this is what this job is) and I would have been humiliated if he had made any calls with me because he obviously has type 2 diabetes due to his size (at least 400lbs). And aside from the Pennsylvania manager running the company rather than the ceo the inside uneducated customer service agents determine your sales as they have to complete your sale. This company is not worth working for as they will change your commission payout AFTER you work for it and expect the money in your check. For example CCS will tell you your quota is 100 in Jan but in FEB the day before commision checks are paid they will do a nt'l conf. call and tell everyone that their quotas have been raised and RETROACTIVE to Jan 1!!! Also , all (married) upper management is sleeping with sales reps and marketing directors and they either get promoted or let go for unknown reasons (I guess to start "new relations"). If you are in big pharma stay there the only time I would recommend this company is if you don't have a job at all and want to buy time looking for another job while you work there. Most reps make their base salary 40-55K and get a guarantee of $2000 bonus for six months then you either exceed quota and make a little bonus or get fired. Recently three 6 mos reps didn't even show for their 6 month review. Trust me it is not worth the stress.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously either don't work for this company or if you do you live in a rare area with good insurance contracts with CCS OR you think making $1200 for hitting your quota (and you more than likely don't make your quota as the only about 15, if that, actually make both quotas) is good. Also, if a doctor writes a 90 day RX for a patients diabetes supplies then it will cost the patient the same as at CCS Medical if they get it filled at the local drugstore. The hard part of the job is not only convincing an office to go out of their way to fill out the continuous faxes (fax blasting) sent by CCS to get the patient on the program but at 5 pm your are not done this is when the real work and stress begins. At 9 pm every night the company downloads all the patients in your area into a report for you to study and make sure the uneducated customer service agents did their job. You may have 50 to 150 names, phone numbers, insurance type, dr name and hopefully the last time CCS spoke to the patient on the phone and what they discussed. I can't believe distributing this info could be legal as pharma only gets to know the number of scripts written NOT the patients names. Managers encourage you to call the patients while CCS legal counsel, if you want to call her that, is still not sure whether it is "ok" to call them. WHo wants to spend your night or days calling patients to get diabetes supplies?? If you do, GO FOR It!!! As this is your job and if you don't you will not make your numbers.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview coming up with CCS Medical. For the past two years I have been in DME sales and enjoy it very much. Does anyone know if it is similar to DME sales? After reading all these responses I am second guessing the interview. Is this company worth working for?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It really depends on were you are interviewing for. But I was suckered into a postition with them 2 years ago and left after six months because it was horrible. Turnover was nuts, not only sales reps but upper management as well. The territories that are open are most likely territories that are challenging and have not been successful. Dr offices just don't like the extra work and fax backs that are associatted with your role. I would look elsewhere if you can.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the advice!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have feedback on a mgr from Sanvita Scott S? What areas do well? Any feedback is appreciated!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It really doesn't matter who Scott is as he won't be there very long. He will quit just like every other manager at CCS Medical and Sanvita. With Sanvita no reps made their quotas last year but thought they did and were expecting bonuses. Guess what? No bonuses were paid out and reps actually ended up owing the company money. You will truly regret a move to Sanvita or CCS Medical and will just have to explain your departure after less than a year to other potential employers. It is not worth ruining your resume. It is run by married management who are more interested in "hooking up with reps" than running a company like it should be run , that is, with integrity. There is none at Sanvita or CCS Medical.