Carl Icahn targeting Amgen?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Jun 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, that will be awesome. Carl will make a total fool out of Kevin, and Kevin will have nothing to console him but his hundreds of millions of dollars. Then when Carl engineers a sale to pfizer or some other crappy company and we're all out of a job we'll have tons of time to reminisce about how awesome it was when Kevin got his comeuppance. I can't wait. :|

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your point doesn't change the fact that Kevin has failed completely and is now totally out of touch with reality.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will be happy just knowing he will get ride off:
    Kevin, Fabrizio Bonani, Martin V. T. & Madhu

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jill Abramson, Just-Named New York Times Editor, Ready To 'Seize The Future'

When publisher Arthur Sulzberger Jr. recently told Jill Abramson that he wanted her to be the next executive editor of The New York Times, the veteran journalist quickly accepted. "I said it would be the honor of my life," she recalled.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For example, Sharer described how two of his best people almost blew up over tension with each other, and how he was able to claim his own role in the issue. "I had assigned my two key guys to resolve a problem," he told me. "I just said,'Would you guys please figure this out?' They didn't have a shared reality, and it wasn't clear who was supposed to do what. Soon their differences of opinion were starting to cascade down. It was really tearing the company apart."

Once it finally dawned on him that he might have had a role in the conflict from the beginning, he asked himself honestly what part of it he owned, and then he set things right. "I came up with a list about that long" - he spread his arms wide - "of my part of the problem. And when I briefed them the next Monday, I said, 'Look, guys, before I tell you what's gone wrong and what we need to do, let me tell you what I haven't done.' That cleared the air, and then we found a way to fix things. In fact, we got stronger as a team because of going through this fire together."

pp. 71-72

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now if Kevin would man up and ask himself honestly what part he owns of evaporating billions of equity during his tenure there might be a path forward. He can do it on the small scale -- but he is CEO. Can he do it on the large scale?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen had a market cap of about $70 billion when he took over 11 years ago. After ±$60 billion in acquisitions and stock buybacks, the market cap now sits at $54 billion.

Under his watch, Amgen has bled over $788,000 PER HOUR - every hour of every day for 11 years.

Let me repeat that: $788,000 per hour lost, 24/7 for 11 years.

But we did add some beautiful aircraft. Maybe Carl Icahn will be impressed by our executive fleet.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kevin is the worst CEO of the past 11 years in the country hands down.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't you just see him high fiving Angelo Mozillo on the 9th green at Sherwood? Ain't it a shame??

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree. Fabriano let's Ops run wild, Martin spends more time on LinkedIn then all humans combined, and Madhu has NO manufacturing strategy - we buy manufacturing capacity when we aren't at 60% at any plant and is some loser says we are it is because we have morons running the place.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Carl is generally a bad news for companies. He acquire companies short term, slices off companies into pieces and sells for maximum personal gains without regard to the well being of employees and their families. One of the world's largest U.S. Flag-carrier airline TWA is a prime example of his investment practices.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is called capitalism. If Amgen wasn't so mismanaged, then Ichan would not target the firm. He does because he knows that Amgen under-performs, has capital strategy, and he can get rich by slicing it up.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you rearly think this guy will have any influence? It seems like KS has the board of directors in his pocket. How can a CEO stay in power for 12 years when the company have lost so much value and has done so shitty. Any sales rep that produced similar results would have been fired years ago. Whats the deal folks?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you go on nutsacks.com they will explain

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a look at what he is currently doing with Forest Laboratories, the CEO and the BOD.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know but Amgen seems to be different than Forrest. It seems like the CEO can do whatever he wants whenever he wants and get away with anything. I hope this Ican can get some change going. KS can stay in power as long as he want and waste as much of our much of our money and he wants and treat employees like shit as much as he wants and nobody can touch this guy, nobody, am I wrong. You can treat people like shit for only so long because eventually it catches up. Us sales reps have been treated like shit for a long long time. They have been doling out some serious koolaide and I'm not drinking it anymore. They can all kiss my Brown ass and the crack of it too while your down there.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Carl Icahn is your friend, always.
    Except if you are KS.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are turtle heads

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Madhu hurts Amgen. And many others. KS and buddies run this company like the corrupt government of a mineral-rich 3rd world country. High corruption (KS), purposely-weak fiscalization (BOD). It worked for many years thanks to Amgen patents' high margins, but will soon no longer. It's then when KS & buddies will retire, much like many government officials flee their countries after years staying in power for personal gain.

Then, with expired patents and weak pipeline, vultures will come in and "manage" what is left of the company until "they" fragment it or sell it to a real big pharma company, for a profit (of course).