CardioSom

Discussion in 'Respiratory' started by Anonymous, Feb 20, 2008 at 1:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been thinking about joining Cardiosom. I do, however, have a couple of questions for any "current" employees though. I've heard through various competitors that Cardiosom is in financial trouble, even unable to pay their suppliers. Also, there are rumors of massive layoffs. Is any of this true? And what would be the opinion of someone currently employed with the company as to whether or not this is a good company to work for or not. Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run - do not walk! to another company. I've been with them for a while and have been looking for another job for a couple of months now.

We can't get supplies because we've been cut off by some of the major suppliers due to lack of payment. Patients are getting mad because we can't get their CPAP masks for them. This is no way to run a company.

Things aren't looking good. They didn't win the O2 business this round of the Medicare Competitive bid. That puts the future of a lot of their large O2 centers in question such as Cincinnati, Ft. Wayne and Palm Beach Garden.

It would be different if they treated their employees like valued members of a team rather than disposable, insignificant "staff". They don't value all of the time and effort people give to this company. It's hard to be loyal and speak well of a company when they treat their employees as they do.

Best advice I can give is to look elsewhere if you want any type of meaningful, long term relationship with an employer.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW! Can you be a little more specific. What is it that they do to their employees that makes them so unhappy?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PROBABLY THE SAME CRAP EVERY OTHER DOUCHEY COMPANY DOES.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a current patient of Cardiosom and am a little alarmed. I have recently been told that my supplies are on "backorder" but come to find out they arent paying their suppliers. How am I supposed to get my supplies? Should I look for a new company before someone comes in and purchases them and I'm stuck with someone that I dont like? Please help!

6. Go to google and type in cpap supplies and the name of your city. Names should pop up that are somewhat familiar to you. Give them a call and have your info faxed over. There are plenty of places to get your supplies.

It is a shame what has happened to them. Just remember that the people you see at your local branch are victims as well, but you can't wait on supplies because of that. The Cincinnati location is a class act. We have done work with them and they are a great group. The Manager was always willing to go above and beyond for our team. They weren't the "cookie drop off" type of DME. Their sales rep was all about operational success and service for our people. I will take that over cookies any day. When Cardiosom let people go from the Cincinnati branch, they were all working the next week. Too bad. It was a cool company a few years ago.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a current employee, I can state that we are way behind paying Resmed to the point that they have "cut us off" until we pay the outstanding bill. No supplies will be coming from Resmed until further notice. The company hasn't even given us any direction as to what to tell patients, (such as on back order, which is an outright LIE). We just can't get anything from Resmed. The company simply wants us to use substandard supplies from other suppliers to replace masks etc... Corporate needs to keep us in the loop as to when we can offer Resmed supplies again so we can plan our marketing strategies. I don't even know what to tell my account manager to do for their referral presentations. We just can't offer Resmed supplies and machines and keep or get new accounts. This company will kill itself if it can't provide Resmed supplies soon (maybe that's the plan). Lack of communication and keeping managers informed of what’s going on has always been a problem with Cardiosom. They keep all the "dirty little secrets" to themselves not allowing any input from the people dealing with the problems as to how to fix things. Here's a possible solution: How about getting all corporate higher ups and possibly investors to channel 25% of their pay for a couple of pay periods to pay back the debt. They can get the lost money back in the future once things are stable again. If we don't do something soon we are ALL going to be out of work. I don't include all employees in this solution because most are barely getting by as it is. Any reduction in their pay would be very hard to deal with. Someone making over 100K+ a year can tolerate this reduction more easily. I encourage all employees to comment on this.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also worked for them... they falsified documentation.... Little to no patient care. The branch manager and sales staff in the Jeffersonville office are more concerned with whats for lunch than caring for the patient! They are currently firing all good employees and fighting them on unemployment... Never paying their bills... I still have months of reciepts.. I'll never recieve my commision or be reimbursed. This company is a joke! I curse the day I heard their name. Karma my dear friends.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know the true fate of this company? Are they on the verge of a corporate buyout?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Cut the higher ups?! Never!! It's easier to cut those that are actually doing the work!! And double the work with less pay!!

QUOTE=Anonymous;4028242]As a current employee, I can state that we are way behind paying Resmed to the point that they have "cut us off" until we pay the outstanding bill. No supplies will be coming from Resmed until further notice. The company hasn't even given us any direction as to what to tell patients, (such as on back order, which is an outright LIE). We just can't get anything from Resmed. The company simply wants us to use substandard supplies from other suppliers to replace masks etc... Corporate needs to keep us in the loop as to when we can offer Resmed supplies again so we can plan our marketing strategies. I don't even know what to tell my account manager to do for their referral presentations. We just can't offer Resmed supplies and machines and keep or get new accounts. This company will kill itself if it can't provide Resmed supplies soon (maybe that's the plan). Lack of communication and keeping managers informed of what’s going on has always been a problem with Cardiosom. They keep all the "dirty little secrets" to themselves not allowing any input from the people dealing with the problems as to how to fix things. Here's a possible solution: How about getting all corporate higher ups and possibly investors to channel 25% of their pay for a couple of pay periods to pay back the debt. They can get the lost money back in the future once things are stable again. If we don't do something soon we are ALL going to be out of work. I don't include all employees in this solution because most are barely getting by as it is. Any reduction in their pay would be very hard to deal with. Someone making over 100K+ a year can tolerate this reduction more easily. I encourage all employees to comment on this.[/QUOTE]

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh just little things like expecting one employee to single handedly run a branch. To be the Branch Manager, Therapist and Service Rep for all of the patients. To be solely responsible for all of the paperwork and everything else that is required to run a branch. And then still expecting more.

If you are still considering working for this company then I feel sorry for you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the company that is your supplier is not getting you your supplies in a timely manner then you need to find a different supplier.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what is going on with cardiosom? I am hearing that they are closing branches. Has anyone heard this. I know I am tired of lying to patients about supplies, and not being able to get them. I wish they had some balls and would tell the truth. I guess when we go to work one day and can't get in the building we will know then, we no longer have a job. What cowards they are. This is the worst company I have ever worked for. Just a bunch of liars are what they are. All the way up to the top. They don't care that the good people that work for them have bills just like any one else. I pity you all up at the top, because you will get what's coming to you one day. How would they feel if they were treated this way. You are all a bunch of jerks.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lincare

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cardiosom is in the process of being "acquired" by Lincare.

I'm surprised that they would want them but they only want to eliminate the competition and acquire their patient base.

Current Cardiosom employees should be out pounding the pavement looking for another job. Most of the areas where Cardiosom branches exist already have one or more Lincare branch and most of them are fully staffed so there's probably not much hope of just moving to a new employer.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep! by Lincare.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, Fire Sale to be exact!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah the great thing is all of those jerks are getting what they deserve!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of the Cardiosom employees are going to get canned starting tomorrow. I hope Lincare starts with the top two back stabbers then works on the others who think they are Gods gift to earth!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cardiosom's executive management made promises they never kept, and are a crappy company that treated their employees like dirt! They rode around in their BMW's, Jags, jogging during business hours, riding on their Colt's bus, drinking alcohol in the corporate office and thought they were above the law with ego's that reeked of slime, and they got what they deserved. Give a person enough rope, and they'll hang themselves. What is SOOOO sad is their employees and lower management are wonderful, hard working people. I use to work for them, and they let me go due to reduction in workforce, and it was the best thing that happened to me! I am praying for those who have lost their jobs, because I no what you are going through as I was there myself 18 months ago. Best regards to all you wonderful folks!