Cardionet Vs LifeWatch

Discussion in 'Cardionet' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2008 at 12:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be the kind of guy who loves to add inches when trying to impress a husky blonde diddy. I'd love to hear your fish stories

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate to admit it but I do the same thing. When I am in a starbucks or Jamba I always tell people I am so much better than them and make much more money. It makes me look real cool and I can tell they all think I am awesome.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unbiased review: Several reps I know at Lifewatch say it is miserable there from coast to coast. They are cutting people left and right and no one really knows why... Some kind of takeover in senior management by executives that don't know the business and these people are running the whole place into the ground. CardioNet is eating up all the small companies in the industry and appears to be a lot healthier as a company than anyone else, even though they are not necessarily the best.

Specator - good device, beautiful reports, terrible managed care, terrible customer service... sad because they could do great things
    Medicomp - respectable algorithm, simple device, bad customer service, terrible managed care, low drama, most workers are happy
    iRhythm/Ziopatch - sexy holter-only patch device but no option for extended monitoring, lots of artifact and low diagnostic yield, small sales force, limited opportunity at present but could grow due to health care constraints and Obamacare. They need to acquire or sell or merge or something...
    LifeWatch - decent mostly unhappy sales force, crappy old technology, way too much corporate drama and instability, inaccuracies in reporting and terrible customer service based in India. Also, questionable enrollment tactics and changing of orders makes them appear shady. They are currently for sale.
    BioTelemetry (Cardionet/Biomedical/MedNet), etc - Excellent reach, mediocre sales force, freely offers wireless Event at enrollment, original Biomedical device algorithm good and claims to have far more auto-triggers than everyone else, ugly reports and general clinical ineptitude
    eCardio - major player that is decent in sales force, device, customer service, etc, but questionable billing practices with billing out of network. Well known for being able to integrate bi-directionally with EMR, especially EPIC, something the other players struggle with.
    AliveCor - totally different device that appeals to separate audience than everything else. Rudimentary non-wearable technology that could be ok for aFib rule in/rule out or basic heart rate measurements but for anything requiring more than one lead or where you need an accurate morphology, or suspect a serious arrythmia requiring physician notification, you will need a real monitor.
    ISIS/LifeSupport/CardioMedix/CardioComm and at least 10 other small companies - mom and pop riffraff

Nothing is perfect and this business is not for the weak.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty good assessment above - Alivecor being a post-event recorder with an iPhone that will require a real device if there is any yield from this toy.

I see iRhythm as being in serious trouble. The unconnected, cheaper data-loggers are a dime a dozen and the Zio costs substantially more than reimbursement. Bravo that they got UK distribution. Perhaps the myopic management will get to keep their positions for a few more months. They are too stubborn to do what's necessary to survive. Their VCs must be foaming at the mouth.

CardioComm is a disaster that in an ideal world would be facing class action from the shareholders if the Canadian version of the SEC wasn't asleep at the wheel.

I don't know much about Lifewatch or Cardionet except that they can't seem to make money.

I'm not interested in saying anything disparaging about Medicomp or Spectocor because I like the people I've met there. That said, I've heard that the Spectocor device is having problems.

Nary a word about Infobionic on this board. It's amazing that they can raise so much money given that half the staff are the originals at Cardionet. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

US health care is not ready to be cloud based yet - infobionic will have to wait patiently on the sidelines for a few more years. Can you say HIPAA clearance?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never heard of Infobionic?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Google it goofball. Small start up company planning to break into the market with a product called MOME (monitor me). So far former CN people who are there include Anna, Swavely and Leone - maybe more.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah - like PEMS is hippa ???? Not even close.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PEMS is a major HIPAA violation. My customer said can't use because no password expire and can use anything for a password. Thank God for Novus!! Oh, that was sarcasm, by the way.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any AE who has even one customer still using PEMS for anything should be fired. We stopped supporting that website for customers over 2 years ago - Access is all they should be using.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Access? Really?? Either way, we all still use PEMS in the field to see our patients, and I know it's not HIPAA. Big risk I would think.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

access gets its data from webholter and pems.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are talking about the compliancy of a website. PEMS does not meet HIPAA standards which is why we don't want customers using it. How we access it internally doesn't matter since we are the keepers of the data and us putting it into a Access which is HIPPA compliant does not constitute any violation. You guys need to stop acting like attorneys and go sell something.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If someone really looked to see what is being placed in access, they might wake up and realize all of it is BS. Simply a pencil exercise to appease somebody in mgt. Hell, 3/4s of these calls never occurred

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you are confusing Access with Advantage and yes you are correct about the BS in Advantage - it's an exercise in CS CYA

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Back to the topic -- Lifewatch is a disaster zone

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fact, PEMS is accessed through the Internet, publicly.

Fact, PEMS allows access of patient data

Fact, PEMS is not HIPPA, so any sized password can be used. Doesn't matter if internal us or outside anyone. The feds won't like it.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so what. this is your big concern? what an idiot.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you nave to be on the VPN anyway to access PEMS now? If so, then the VPN supplies the HIPPA password compliance

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG, we're doomed... I hope you just started this week.