Cardinal Health SUCKS!!

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Jan 18, 2006 at 9:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Between GB and the sales force there are FIVE frigging layers of management. Do you really think the Bosses on top want even more evaluations/performance reviews to sift thru? Those in charge of each level of power don't want to read the criticisms from their subordinates. Especially at Cardinal, as is true with cesspools, the biggest chunks rise to the top. Many really don't want to be evaluated by subordinates pointing out their mostly unwise decisions or aberrant behaviors. Hence, we are a mess when it comes to management. How's your manager? I've had 5 so far: one was truly outstanding, two were mediocre but harmless, and two were evil c*cksuckers (I work for one of them now). Why no evaluations, I agree, is a mystery. What are the Bosses afraid of?

BTW, the only reason MK is gone is because he pissed in a bigger fish's pond. No reviews from below expedited MK's departure.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are many comments on the Cardinal boards expressing disgruntlement and distaste working here. Cardinal upper management couldn't care less about how we feel about working here. Whether we're content or not means little to the Bosses. Their primary concerns are to keep the CAH ticker price as high as possible by driving GP higher and expenses lower. Lining their pockets with thousands of CAH stock options each FY is also an obsession of our upper management.
    Cardinal's behaviour is no different than any other large American corporation.

If you don't like it here, CAH is happy to point you to the exit and replace you with another drone. Complaining to HR advisors (here or anywhere) is worthless as these little Eichmanns always protect management while pretending to care for those down the food chain whose complaints are legitimate or not. The best way to protest Cardinal (and there are many cases of employee abuse here just like anywhere else) is to legitimately hurt them in the pocketbook.

I know of former CAH sales colleagues from my sales team and others who made it their mission upon leaving to inform their customers about abusive policies, have shared pricing with competitors, and have urged former customers to switch to a competitive brand. While some of us may enjoy our CAH careers, many have left loathing the Cardinal Experience. When bullying, sexism, age discrimination, and other creative forms of employee persecution are tolerated or condoned by management, can you blame ex-employees for their reactions in the marketplace? To naively trust Cardinal or any other corporation is to become their legal prey.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Revenge is a dish best served cold

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Living well is the best revenge!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A few observations as another fiscal year year ends:

God forbid we lose another colleague this year in Orlando. Last year's meeting was somber from Day One, especially as DC droned on for an hour after the dying soul was removed to the hospital. Quite insensitive, but not unexpected from this wind bag in love with his own BS

Maybe another 2% 401k donation after another fine sales year? If we're lucky

We'll see a lot more younger faces (essentially kids) in Orlando as more seasoned reps are gone and old timers have been forced out since we last gathered in Las Vegas. The exodus will continue especially as the Medtronic folks are "processed"

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When I joined Cardinal 4 years ago as a medical sales rep I loved my job and my manager. But things changed. My original manager relocated after we went through a reorg (thanks to DC). The replacement manager proved to be a wicked little himmler and I realized I needed to get out before I dropped dead. Not too long ago I resigned. How my Cardinal experience could go from wonderful to dreadful as fast as it did really took a toll on my faith in the basic decency of people. But with the coming of DC the culture of Cardinal grew more toxic daily. Good luck to the classy few I left behind. Hope the Cardinal experience gets better for you soon

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are more than a few wicked little himmlers--and himmlerettes in management positions at Cardinal. Count your blessings that you got out.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a very good post from a year ago that should be read by all you older guys and gals (any left at CAH?)