Cardinal Health SUCKS!!

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Jan 18, 2006 at 9:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cardinal health is s****y. Better to go kill yourself than work their with s****y management, also s****y coworkers who try to blame you all the time. Terrible environment, terrible structure, terrible politics.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. For most, Cardinal is an unhealthy place to waste your career as there are definitely too many backstabbing cocksuckers infecting the company; douche bags who exult in blaming others for their own failures. Too many of these scum bags pollute the ranks of the sales force, too. They suck up to management and demonize others hoping to gain favor and promotion. I never saw this level of treachery in my past sales positions. Growing eyes in the back of your head should be a prerequisite before accepting a job offer from Cardinal

Ironically, Cardinal is big on touting itself as a liberal minded company that welcomes all kinds of diversity. A noble sentiment if sincere. However, age discrimination is alive and well at Cardinal and management allows it to flourish. I've seen more than a few older colleagues at Cardinal get fucked over with impunity by their managers while senior management looks away. I've only been here a few years and I've been sickened by the treatment some of our older colleagues have endured. Since our executive leadership is only consumed with increasing the price of CAH stock while lining their pockets with thousands of shares of options, don't expect anything to improve for most of us down the food chain.. Hence, more of the insecure will turn to sabotaging others to protect and promote themselves. When we we given a shitty 2% 401k donation from the Board for our fabulous FY16 company performance, our worst assumptions were confirmed that the Dublin Ivory Tower cares nothing for us. I plan not to get too much older before I get out of here. Yes, I agree, Cardinal sucks

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recall I resigned and then was told my rating was exceeded expectations..even though I hit/surpassed all goals for several years and always got the meets rating. Politics at CAH caused me to leave two years before I normally would have.Yes boss bummed that Ieft. However, he then pushed out all his peers one way or another. Tough environment for people who are straight-forward.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are a lot of brown nosing and yes men here. Middle management on a conference call who can't wait to chime in on what a great idea their VP had. Having no dissenting opinions is probably why nothing gets done around here. They call it mid-west nice, but that's really a euphemism for, you are not allowed to ruffle feathers if you want to stay at the company or be promoted.

This company needs serious Ops help, but it seems no one is willing to stand up for how bad it really is.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it on open discussions being discouraged. Remember former boss did an interim employee survey that his long-time admin collected. He then grilled people on which comments they made. One was chastised for not making "intelligent questions/ comments " at GB meetings. All for show vs working on real resulting and valuing experience.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bruce Horovitz, a freelance columnist, recently wrote an article entitled..."Are You Being Targeted at Work" which appeared in several publications. This article focuses on age discrimination, which is alive and doing very well at Cardinal Health. Despite protestations to the contrary, Cardinal targets folks for removal for many reasons and growing older will get you noticed. According to Horovitz, watch out for the following, especially if you have gray hair--

You are assigned or reassigned unpleasant duties. I know of a few CAH sales reps reassigned lousy, dying accounts while younger reps were given solid accounts backed by strong Cardinal distribution agreements. If they want you out, they take away your best accounts and assign you the crappy ones.

You start hearing tacky comments about your age like "when are you going to retire" from your younger boss. Or you'll hear comments intimating that you're taking it easy or working fewer hours because of your age. Document these conversations for future possible litigation.

You stop getting raises. If your younger colleagues are getting raises for comparable performance and you don't, there is a problem. Cardinal idolizes the young reps they hire, though most are gone in a few years anyway. They may be young, but most of these reps are not stupid enough to waste their careers at CAH. Document unfair raise neglect for possible litigation

Your performance reviews tank despite achieving your assigned goals.. If you are older, this is a common tactic to get rid of you and should point you in the direction of an employment attorney. Remember, if you trust Cardinal you become their legal prey.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bruce Horovitz, a freelance columnist, recently wrote an article entitled..."Are You Being Targeted at Work" which appeared in several publications. This article focuses on age discrimination, which is alive and doing very well at Cardinal Health. Despite protestations to the contrary, Cardinal targets folks for removal for many reasons and growing older will get you noticed. According to Horovitz, watch out for the following, especially if you have gray hair--

You are assigned or reassigned unpleasant duties. I know of a few CAH sales reps reassigned lousy, dying accounts while younger reps were given solid accounts backed by strong Cardinal distribution agreements. If they want you out, they take away your best accounts and assign you the crappy ones.

You start hearing tacky comments about your age like "when are you going to retire" from your younger boss. Or you'll hear comments intimating that you're taking it easy or working fewer hours because of your age. Document these conversations for future possible litigation.

You stop getting raises. If your younger colleagues are getting raises for comparable performance and you don't, there is a problem. Cardinal idolizes the young reps they hire, though most are gone in a few years anyway. They may be young, but most of these reps are not stupid enough to waste their careers at CAH. Document unfair raise neglect for possible litigation

Your performance reviews tank despite achieving your assigned goals.. If you are older, this is a common tactic to get rid of you and should point you in the direction of an employment attorney. Remember, if you trust Cardinal you become their legal prey.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very good post on age discrimination and thanks for the insights. I never trusted this company nor my punk of a boss and left this month for other reasons. Scummy outfit as I observed one person forced out and I know age was involved. I hope this person sues.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how common age discrimination suits have been involving Cardinal? I know these cases can be had to prove, and expensive, but if Cardinal has a track record of defending themselves against these charges, this information would be helpful.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A-T-T-O-R-N-E-Y

Look it up

Asking for legal advice on cafe pharma is like asking your doctor's receptionist about your chest pain.

If you aren't going to contact an attorney, stop talking about the so called "age discrimination." I'm tired of reading about it.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was off'd and I know it was about age. Quite a few of us let go at the same time, all much older, all of us with many awards, making decent money... did not matter. Younger & dumber for much less is what CAH wants. Spoke with an attorney and since there was no clear-cut paper trail, nothing I could do. He said, it's not illegal for a company to be unethical, lack morals, or just be assholes in general.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can think of 2 people off the top of my head that worked and are still working here well into their 70's.

Don't blame Cardinal because you got lazy, and you had been living off merit raises that you collected over years of service.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are fewer and fewer of these senior sales pros at CAH. Management, since DC, is focused on hiring the young on the cheap, burning them out, sucking every penny of GP out of their marrow, then replacing them with more neophytes and the process repeats itself. Most of the new hires of late don't stay long enough anyway as they get it that CAH is only a brief stepping-stone along the way to better opportunities. Especially when they realize all the BS and nonsense they are forced to swallow with the Sales Challenger mumbo-jumbo. Who sold senior management on this drivel?

Also, why do you assume that those reps bullied, abused, and forced out were lazy and living off past merit raises?. Perhaps true in some cases, but much younger reps do the same, too. I know Cardinal allows their managers excessive latitude in playing God (or Satan) with their Sales Teams allowing them to bully and torture any rep they want to. And these RMs can do so with impunity as long as their region numbers are good. Despicable practice and CAH mgmt should be ashamed. And if you think HR intercedes to correct these abuses you are a fool. Only when a manager, whether a tyrant or not, stumbles for a few years on the Scoreboards are they then targeted for removal and discarded by their VPs, and so on up the long management chain at CAH.

It is true that age discrimination infects American business and CAH goes right along with it. Never trust management; only do so at your own peril whether you're older, or yes, still young.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would anyone want to work in this shit hole for more than 5 years? If you are in your 50s or 60s and didn't advance your career enough that you can get replaced by a 20 or early 30 something that's on you.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So it's OK for management to abuse older employees who don't leave after 5 years here because this place is a "shit hole", to quote Anonymous, aka Mr. Einstein? Do you know how dangerous you sound? I'd ask if you were Mr. Kohut (who is addicted to the Cafe) but his sorry middle-aged butt was just disposed of by CAH.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent Riposte!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Give me a break. I never said it was okay for the managers to abuse anyone. Way to use hyperbole to make your point, then flatter yourself with a congratulatory remark to your own comment.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another outstanding riposte! That'd get you a case of beer if I knew ya. (For RMs and above, consult your dictionary under "R" for definition, if you own one)

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After three years I very recently resigned from Cardinal as a field sales rep. Couldn't take the stupidity and abuse from my RM anymore. What I find incredulous is that CAH RMs are allowed to evaluate their reps several times during the year and can write whatever they like--whether truthful or lies. It is astounding that reps are not allowed to evaluate their bosses in kind each fiscal year.. Too many CAH RMs are suck-ups who ass kiss their area VPs ensuring their positions are safe. If you kicked most CAH area VPs in the ass, you'd bloody quite a few RM noses. When area sales VPs protect and allow those boot-licker RMs who work for them to mistreat, torture, and abuse their people at will, turnover will continue at a high level and engender even more lawsuits. CAH allows their RMs to play God with careers, libeling their subordinates with alacrity. There ARE RM sadists who take pleasure in ruining the careers of those they don't like because they are the wrong gender, deem too old, or adhere to a life style they find offensive. Why does Dublin allow this? Not enough lawsuits pending? Let the sales people also evaluate those who evaluate them. Perhaps Rep evaluations will lead to disciplining or terminating those twisted and bent RMs who exult in causing undeserved misery and harm for select subordinates? Don't hold your breath.