Can someone tell me what the Philidor / Valeant relationship is?

Discussion in 'Valeant Pharmaceuticals' started by researcher204, Sep 20, 2015 at 11:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hear an internal email went out to Philidor employees at 5:02 pmstating that they are closing their doors.

"Winding down in the days and weeks ahead" ...Andy D

Semi reliable source we are checking with others

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any chance you can use Irmat pharmacy like Galderma does???... I understand it's the exact same setup as Valeant/Philidor...

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No other specialty pharmacy will take their chance on Valeant. Huge risks dealing with this fraudulent company. I think specialty pharmacies would be too afraid to have their operation receive random investigations from the Feds. I'd be surprised if another pharmacy is willing to take on Valeant.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is bs. how can irmat and galderma can keep the gravy train going? were they doing anything different?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you stupid?? Irmat wasn't operating an illegal pharmacy mill house. You should read the specifics before you ask this question. Why are you so concerned w Galderma and Irmat anyway?? Irmat wants nothing to do with Valeant if you have hope Valeant and Irmat will get together and do business. I hope Galderma switches any Valeant script that comes in to Galderma products.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thinks FEDS will be all over specialty pharmacies and pt. Assistance programs. There was so much at Philidor that was immoral, and now looks like illegal . The truth will not set you free

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is philidor?

8. Guess what

Guess what new user

Can you clarify what you mean by "More than half of my scripts written get switched, step edits and call backs from pharmacies."? Do you mean:

(a) in the past, doctors write scripts for one brand of cream/medication and then Philidor changes the brand to one of Valeant's expensive cream;

or

(b) right now, doctors are switching their scripts from Valeant's expensive creams to more generic less expensive creams?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And why are the Philador employees' W-2 forms issued by Valeant. Valeant just wants to walk away and claim "that's not us" but it till be much more complicated than that.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neither a or b...

C. Doc Rxs branded product, patient goes to retail pharmacy and script gets switched to a generic... why? Because generics have better margins for a retail pharmacy. The pharmacists do not have any time, resources or care to spend the extra time dealing with adjudication with the payor/insurance co.

This is why philidor was a good thing... doc Rxs what he /she wants.. patient pays next to nothing for a copay, gets their meds and philidor helps adjudicates claim. If it's covered on payor formulary, great. If not valeant eats it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is exactly why Philidor was put in place. It's pathetic the only way the Derm division can move products is by selling the products practically free and through a pharmacy!

Why write any of you so called better branded products when there are generic substitutes for every product in your Derm bag??! That's the real question. Your 'studies' are not great, so cut the crap! Your response is laughable!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

through a specialty pharmacy

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then why did the docs write for the branded product and take the trouble to send it to Philidor when they could have more easily written for the generic? I'll answer for you: it's because they wanted their patients to get the brand, which they feel is superior. Retail pharmacists make more $$ on generic, so they are incented to switch branded scripts to generic. Docs want their patients to get the superior med. Hence, specialty pharmacies like Philidor are created. Because there was a need. That need was filled. Insurance companies don't like it, because they were being asked to pay for meds they had contracted to pay for.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the point the reporters are missing/mis-reporting.

Doctors want to write branded medications. If two drugs were the same price, 100% of the time the doctor will write the brand.

Because of Pharmaceutical manufacturing plant regulations and audits, branded drugs are guaranteed to be the product they prescribe. Generics can come from any country and the % of active ingredients can range.

Many doctors prefer the brand even when the generic is cheaper because they have had bad experiences with generics.

It is a shame that as patients we are forced to take generic drugs because retail pharmacies are greedy. They shouldn't be able to switch you to a generic when your doctor writes you a brand.

The idea of Philidor is amazing. Giving doctors the power back to write the brands they want to give their patients, and to give patients the drugs they want to take. BUT they had to be horrible, fraudulent, greedy bastards and give the whole system a bad name.

I hope this isn't the end of specialty pharmacies because it is a GREAT thing for patients and doctors.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Giving doctors the power back to write the brands"

Another derm rep drinkin th kool aid. Writing is on the wall buddy. we are fn toast! Stop defending this circus. It's reps like you who make the rest of us look like idiots. Our docs are laughing at us and think we're the biggest joke that are still coming into their office admit it we all got fooled into this piece of shit job with 'unlimited opportunities' (said hiring manager during my interview)! unlimited my arse!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A few more
    How do you recognize revenue at WAC pricing when the prescription is sent out knowing that only 65% are actually going to get reimbursed by insurance? Did the product ever come from a wholesaler or was it direct shipped from Valeant?

80% of all Dermatology scripts in the nation were being processed at Philidor, how is it still only 7% of net revenues? Seems awfully convenient to fall below the 10% threshold so it does not need to be disclosed.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Brands have field sales forces who provide free samples to the doctors, who in turn generate goodwill with the patients by providing the samples. Generics don't.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

do you have a source for that 80% figure? also what are total sales for derma a year? thanks

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I AM Not buying the branded case with these meds, What is Solodyn? Basically tetracycline. It was a well known fact that tetracycline helped with zitz and cost pennies back in the 70's. Some of these washes are a combo of cheap meds and are washed away, yet cost a fortune. If u read what these meds are made of u can find a cheap alternative. Phosoderm?? Pt want RX's to rid all problems and docs write away SO Ins pays but we all end up paying with high ins costs.
    Philidor took it to the house but got caught or shall I say discovered!