Bye Bye Zostavax!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Sep 15, 2016 at 1:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shingrix is about to CRUSH Zostavax. Zostavax has 51% risk reduction. Shingrix has…91% risk reduction. Zostavax is about to get Lipitorized.

This house continues to crumble. Let's face it---Merck sucks.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the zostavax vaccination I got 4 years ago only has a 50% chance of working? It wasn't cheap.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, and your vaccination wears off in another year. Say it ain't so? I bet your doctor didn't tell you that and the rep who sold the doctor Zostavax probably didn't know that either. Merck leadership and marketing made sure that waning immunity info wasn't revealed to the public.

GSK is going to have plenty of happy days sharing with providers about Zostavax's waning immunity after 5 years. All those years reps have been tortured by CTL's and DCO's to sell the hell out of Zostavax, have bazillion point action plans for each account about Zostavax, come up with a jaw dropping opening statement to harass providers about Zostavax, tie most of your bonus to Zostavax was all for NOTHING because this piece of sh!t vaccine wanes after 5 years!!! What were you thinking Merck leadership?

Oh did I forget the years some of you didn't even get a bonus for Zostavax because you didn't make plan? Yeah , well get used to that feeling when GSK's shingles vaccine comes out. Go ahead you Koolaid chugging Merck zombies who want to reply back that your one dose, overall 51% efficacious vaccine that needs to be frozen with crappy reimbursement is still going to kick @ss. You guys barely make plan with no competition and barely any interest from offices or pharmacies anymore. How well do you think you are going to do with a competitive shingles vaccine that may be two doses but has twice the efficacy from a company that will actually do its homework and make reimbursement reasonable? Sucks to be you. Be well.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Terry Bradshaw lied to us? Say it ain't so.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Terry Bradshaw lied to us? Say it ain't so.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck to GSK selling docs and patients on a 2-dose series with a $95 copay each time. I'm sure Lostavax would have the same effectiveness if given twice. Don't act like its a far superior product. Just given twice.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So if I received Zostavax over 5 years ago do I need to get the new GSK vaccine just to be sure?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least you know you will have over 90% chance not to get shingles after two doses of the GSK shingles vaccine rather than taking a 51% chance of not getting shingles with one dose of Zostavax. I'm not saying GSK will have a cake walk but they have a much stronger efficacy story and no waning immunity after 5 years.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one needs to "act like it's a far superior product". It is a far superior product, as Merck is about to learn. If Zosty has a 5% market share within one year, I'll be shocked.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't "need" either one. If you want a much better protection option, go with the GSK product every time. As usual, Merck's product is second-rate at best.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly why we need to eliminate your shitty deli ass now!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It won't happen hater. Get over the fact you weren't chosen as a rep. Get out of your mom's basement and sweep the floor at McDonald's or bag groceries at a store. They will hire special needs folks like you.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only special needs mutants available are your retarded out of wedlock turds!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like someone's hurt and emotionally damaged. That's ok. We know you aren't emotionally equipped to get out of mom's basement to get a job. You just keep being Tommy tough typer on mom's computer with no social skills and serious job prospects. Mommy still loves her failure to launch fella. LOL!!!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey, if it ain't the the fitted deligirl! Make herself useful and clean the toilets!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Second-rate? GSK vaccines are notorious for coming second to market with inferior products. The rotavirus vaccine is a lesser vaccine even though both get the ACIP endorsement. Less coverage and needs to be mixed because the developers were too lazy to take the time to develop a reconstituted vaccine. Or they just wanted to push a piece of crap out there as quick as possible. And do we even need to go into Cervarix? Why was that even released along with some lame "cross protection" marketing strategy? And now the HIB vaccine doesn't work as well and takes more doses. And the zoster vaccine is a 2-dose. I'm sure any vaccine of it's kind will work better if studied with 2 doses. No way will fixed income patients pay twice for it. At $80 or around there. Good luck with the used car salesman approach.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lame. Yawn.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting - looks like GSK is doing some hiring for "adult" vaccine sales. Is this an expansion due to Shingrix on the way? Please someone who knows the actual answer reply. The press is going all lovey dove on Shingrix. Looks promising.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

51%. There's your drop the mic Challenger moment.