Brilinta

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Apr 9, 2012 at 7:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[/QUOTE] To the moron who cannot sell a breakthrough product: TROLL, go back to your own board and get off this one. You are not fooling anyone nor do you sell Brilinta. I can hardly wait when the data comes out showing less bleeding and better/same efficacy with ours instead of yours. Ask the TCs which drug they'd rather have on board if they have to operate.[/QUOTE]

I think that was the whole point: you are still waiting for the data that proves what you already seem to be illegitimately claiming to your prospective customers.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One thing that will determine Brilinta's future or lack thereof, is how quickly generic Plavix will be on the various plans. It's only a few weeks away. You better be ready boys and girls.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the moron who cannot sell a breakthrough product: TROLL, go back to your own board and get off this one. You are not fooling anyone nor do you sell Brilinta. I can hardly wait when the data comes out showing less bleeding and better/same efficacy with ours instead of yours. Ask the TCs which drug they'd rather have on board if they have to operate.[/QUOTE]

I think that was the whole point: you are still waiting for the data that proves what you already seem to be illegitimately claiming to your prospective customers.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, you have a problem reading. I do not sell this product. I actually sell against it. I know what the doctors are saying regardless of what you think any AZ reps are claiming. I am certain they are saying just what the company wants them. In the IC realm, the docs area excited about the mortality benefit and they don't give a shit about the 1900 pts in the U.S arm that were mostly on high dose ASA. Why? Because they KNOW it was the ASA. Do I know more than a doctor? Nope. I wish to god they would go back and use my product. As far as making it a QD product, I am not a PharmD, so have no idea if that could happen or if they could come up with an IV or bolus version for acutes. I bet you don't know that either unless you're an MSL.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plavix will get first line on all of them. What are you even thinking? It will then be between Effient and Brilinta - hope AZ has some good contacts. it would be a bitch to see Effient get tier 2 and Brilinta be a prior authorization or tier 3 product. AZ needs some strong U.S. thought leaders in platelet biology. Effient does seem to be higher risk for stroke and bleeding and Brilinta has the mortality benefit overall. I would be curious to see the results of some of the completed trials that have not posted yet.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that was the whole point: you are still waiting for the data that proves what you already seem to be illegitimately claiming to your prospective customers.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, you have a problem reading. I do not sell this product. I actually sell against it. I know what the doctors are saying regardless of what you think any AZ reps are claiming. I am certain they are saying just what the company wants them. In the IC realm, the docs area excited about the mortality benefit and they don't give a shit about the 1900 pts in the U.S arm that were mostly on high dose ASA. Why? Because they KNOW it was the ASA. Do I know more than a doctor? Nope. I wish to god they would go back and use my product. As far as making it a QD product, I am not a PharmD, so have no idea if that could happen or if they could come up with an IV or bolus version for acutes. I bet you don't know that either unless you're an MSL.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, you have a reading problem as well, the reply was intended to be to the person calling you a troll, not to you.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously, you have a problem reading. I do not sell this product. I actually sell against it. I know what the doctors are saying regardless of what you think any AZ reps are claiming. I am certain they are saying just what the company wants them. In the IC realm, the docs area excited about the mortality benefit and they don't give a shit about the 1900 pts in the U.S arm that were mostly on high dose ASA. Why? Because they KNOW it was the ASA. Do I know more than a doctor? Nope. I wish to god they would go back and use my product. As far as making it a QD product, I am not a PharmD, so have no idea if that could happen or if they could come up with an IV or bolus version for acutes. I bet you don't know that either unless you're an MSL.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, you have a reading problem as well, the reply was intended to be to the person calling you a troll, not to you.[/QUOTE]

Brilinta is a compliance nightmare and I pity the poor fools who think any antiplatelet or anticoagulant dosed BID will be better than those dosed QD.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The BID dose does have the advantage that the anti-clotting effect can be ended quickly in the event of needing emergency surgery anyway.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? That's why the pi says to wait 5 days b4 surgery. Idiot

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is CYA

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course, in order to worry about ending the effects of Brilinta, you would have had to be taking it first. What are the chances of that currently?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just tell them they can do surgery within a couple of hours after the last dose. They will love it! Good selling all!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And lie like you do? No thanks. I am an ethical salesrep working for and ethical company.

Well, at least I am ethical.

Well, now that I think about it I do only work in the afternoons.

OK, so I am unethical, but I still will not lie to a prescriber. Unless my DSM is riding with me.

Oh chit, never mind.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, 2012 European data on Brilinta just kicked Effient's ass on platelet agg studies. It has a better risk profile and a mortality benefit when used with low dose ASA. It has a less wait time for surgery (same as Plavix) and is rapid onset, it could certainly be used at time of Cath. There are no "nonresponders" either. Is anyone having fun selling this drug or does working for AZ just plain suck? Why on God's green Earth are there only 2000 scripts in the entire U.S.? This is silly. Plavix is a crap drug. Effient has fatal bleeding. Anyone? Anyone?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brilinta is probably a fine drug. We don't really know yet. It was not properly supported in the clinic and now because of that it is late to the party with Plavix going generic very shortly. AZ has not completed the clinical studies to prove all that you have stated, although all that you said is probably actually true. Is the data going to be transferable to the US patient population? (ASA dose controlled) This will always be a lingering doubt now. Effient is not the problem

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Effient is already at about 40 million in the U.S. and it is a far more risky drug all the way around. Plavix has a lot of problems. Read their PI. If doctors are concerned that their patient is not properly controlled after stenting, that patient could be back in 60 days on THEIR dime and with lot more complications. Doubt is a tremendous motivator for change. ASA should be a baby asprin anyway. ASA is one of the main causes of bleeding. Low dose ASA is actually the recommendation. Any patient on products that cause bleeding just need a nurse to inform them to watch out for other herbal blood thinners, regardless of what product(s) they are on. Plavix will most likely be used in a lot pts due to its affordability but at what cost? More stent thrombosis, more MIs, more death, what about the renal function and nonresponder issues? The studies for AZ are completed - go look. The results are not posted on .gov, but some of the investigators in Europe have already published the data online. This is the drug that should be used during and after PCI hands down. The variability trial is complete and it is far better to start a pt on Brilinta than to wait and switch them AFTER they have a problem. There are NO nonresponders - no worries about platelet inhibition and protection after DES implantion and no need for assay testing. The US population was too small to judge, but Europe is a good comparative population, not to mention for African Americans and that data set. Doctors better get used to transitioning global trials into clinical practice because that is all we are going to have moving forward and this product proves it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can I just note that no doctor is going to start Brilinta in the clinic. It will be started during or just post PCI. Period. You guys have/had your ladder on the wrong wall.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The clinic, refers to clinical trials. Effient at $40 million per year is really not a player. Brilinta needs to and should do much better than that, once the clinical data gets the FDA stamp of approval.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The U.S. is no longer jumping on any bandwagon quickly, obviously. But, yes, it is just a matter of time and this drug will be the go to antiplatelet of choice. Plato was one of the best landmark trials in a long, long time.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't matter if it's the best or not, once all of the generic Plavix's are in the market place. It all about price, not efficacy. Besides, people can hardly remember to take something QD, let alone BID!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, you guys are really clueless. Hospitals (each and every) are struggling to not lose millions of dollars due to penalties from in hospital MI as well as returns following PCI/MI/NSTEMI. Every single CMS ACS pt is tracked for at least six months and outcomes matter a lot. Price is important but target wisely. If you ask for the moon and the stars, you are not going to get it. If you ask for the higher risk with XYZ, you will get that one and it builds from there. To just go blindly after Plavix MS is a fool's pursuit. This group of pts takes am and pm drugs (statins, BP meds, insulin, ASA, betablocker), BID is not as big a deal as much as the fear doctors have of what happens when they miss a dose or two. BID is a cover for fear of missing a dose and dipping below therapuetic levels and then having an event that will be blamed on the doctor/hospital. Ask these sames doctors if they think platelet assay testing is a good idea or how they know for sure their plavix patient has enough platelet inhibition. Docs are just comfortable with Plavix. Like an old shoe. Time for a change.