Bonus Structure

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:01 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing for a position here. Could someone please explain the bonus structure. I was told it's paid out once a year and is a % of your salary. How is it determined? What's the average payout? Does it equal what you would get paid if it were quarterly for the most part? Thanks!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, maybe....but, only sometimes and that depends !

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep small percentage of your salary. Paid out thrice yearly.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yep, but only 2 of 10 get the bonus...you must qualify first !

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bonus at GSK? LOL

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK pays out a bonus around the first week of March each year and it is typically about 25-40% of your salary. The exact amount depends on your performance rating as well as the performance of your business unit and the company as a whole. If you get a 1 you can far exceed this amount.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless you are desperate, run for the hills. That's the best bonus you will ever get.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gsk does not pay bonus based on performance per our CIA agreement so you will have no idea how to a 1 rating. We get paid bonus twice a year and Bonus makes up 15-20% of your yearly income if the company makes their sales goals. Most of the years, bonus has been a lot less. I have no idea what Gsk the person above is working for

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lack of bonus will be the least of your concerns here. Absolute lowest morale of any pharma company, everyone you talk to is miserable and just hanging on until laid off or can retire. But I highly doubt you are interviewing with us considering we haven't hired any full time employees in 18 months.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone gets ranked 1-5 with 5 being the best. It's a bell curve so your competing against the your peers for the opinion of your manager. Managers get together with other managers and talk about who should be ranked where, knowing they have to have so many 5's, so many 4's, etc. Bonus for reps are never based on sales performance.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The bonus calculation is very straightforward.
    [​IMG]

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got a pack of expired coupons for Anchovy Flavor Aquafresh.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Minkowski was one of the interpreters of Einsteins theory of relativity but I think he'd be stumped by GSK's bonus structure!! But how many are part of the singularity? All the kiss ups at the top of this graph!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5 being the best? You are doing it wrong.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What the fuck are you smoking?

16. sirandy

sirandy new user

The bloated CET takes what they want and distributes the remaining crumbs to the working stiffs. You will be judged against your peers with no transparency as to how your rating was determined.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The bonus structure is subjective & unclear. Sales means nothing. Morale is low at GSK. You can probably make more money elsewhere. If you don't have a job take it but keep looking.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ooops, forgot to sign my name for above post. " A forgotten fired rep with a chip on his shoulder. "

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you don't mind fraud and theft, this is the job for you.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice work sparky, welcome back.