Biomet Spine

Discussion in 'Biomet Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Personally I wouldn't mind so much if he actually did his job, but it's apparent from the beginning he's been nothing more than a highly paid lackey for Binder and the private equity firms.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales prospect, this is obviously not a very good place to request CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. I would suggest calling one of their longterm sales associates for info. I do know there is tremendous growth opportunities in the Spine Stim market and contrary to all of the BS you're enduring in this blog, Biomet is a GREAT company with rock solid management.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would appreciate you passing some of that beverage or smoke your consuming! You're totally full of shit. Everyone who experiences working at this company deserves to express their thoughts, including your dumb ass. With that said, it's obvious there are plenty of people at Biomet who have issues with the way it's managed, it's by no means a "GREAT" company, definitely not perfect.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes. tremendous growth opportunities...especially if your willing to hire the surgeons son..

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Internally at SPINE corporate, there are serious issues with leadership and direction. This seriously affects the support given to the sales reps. Outside, with distributors it all depends on who you are with. Some are better than others, but a good chunk of them are pretty much worthless. Only a small percentage of them qualify for being in the top 20%, and there is a huge gap in performance with the rest. Proceed with a lot of caution.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes..he is very shady! He is marketing the device as a 3 hour wear time and telling dr.s and pts. this even though this is not correct.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought the FDA approved wear time was 24 hours for their spinal stim..not 3..I also heard they have a cervical stimulator they are promoting as well.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the feedback! Does anyone know much about the NC distributor SouthTech and there market share/reputation in spine sales?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear a new distributor was brought on to run NYC/Long Island?? Any validity on this?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't be surprised. Heard he is now bundling stims, braces and tens units to entice Dr.s. Hmmm. wonder whats in it for the Dr's..that's crazy in this environment..playing with fire!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hate to say it but bundling is not illegal, if it was than Stryker wouldn't be around... nowadays that's how business is done, i see it everywhere...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're able to make money with a pile of shit then more power to you. But it's only a matter of time though before the smell overwhelms all around you.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am getting ready to interview for a position in the southeast. I am currently in device in the neuromodulation field and would like to know more about the type of hours that are typical of this position, what the on-call and trauma time looks like and what kind of commissions I can look for on the back-end. I am currently putting in 12 hour days and have to live with my patients. I am in a clinical role but have been taking on the sales rep role since our rep left a year and a half ago. There isn't a sales opening that's going to be open in my current area for a couple of years, and I refuse to continue to generate revenue and not get paid to do it. Please tell me realistic expectations for this position. And, for those of you who talk micro-mgmt, don't bother. I'm used to that and don't have a problem with that or with hard work.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone seen Kashuba lately? Where the F is this Pyramid loving douche bag? Is he sitting back as crack management team continues to drive this company into the ground?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't it common to bury dead things in "pyramids?" like Biomet Trauma and Spine?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me tell you who's a real idiot... Gretchen Doughtery-Shah. Seriously, how many times do you need to release a product before you get it right the first time???!!! How many stupid revisions did we go through with MaxAn, instruments, implants? Seems like every six months we have to do an f'n relaunch with this plate. Rui, don't you have any engineers that can actually do their job - why have you scrapped the scum of the barrel for your department? oh I forget, Kirk brought you in...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that idiot manager pushed the disc programe further than anyone else before him. On top of that, he gave his resignation last week. Can't be that stupid! At lease he figured out this place won't last and decided to leave. The word is, his future employer is Intuitive Surgical. Any place is better then this place. I wonder who will be running this program once he leave? Maybe Gretchen Dougherty-Shah! That will be great! LOL!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a shi*hole this Biomet division is... very little has changed in the way this company is run. Every year there is new drama, 2011 is the year that M & M (while Kashuba goes off boating) drove dozens away, and laid off countless... What's even more amazing is that Biomet Spine continues to be managed by VP's and presidents who always hold themselves the LEAST accountable for the failure of the company. Sure, it's someone else who screwed up, not the guys who generated the "plans" for how to run the company. Grow a pair guys, you failed, you resign.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spine probably only has a few more months before everything is shut down and moved to Ortho Mecca, Warsaw, IN. Great job Glen, you really picked some winners to turn the business around!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since Biomet's spine division is falling faster then Lindsay Lohan, I've been talking with a LDR Spine distributor in the Southeast. Anybody know anything about LDR? I heard there pipeline is full of new spine products and looks to be a very promising private company. Any thoughts?