Big Retainment Bonuses!?

Discussion in 'Salix' started by ChetStedman, May 18, 2016 at 12:32 PM.

1. ChetStedman

ChetStedman new user

Let me know if this makes sense!

Valeant Pharmaceuticals Hands Out Million Dollar Bonuses As Compensation For 'Challenging Times'
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/antoinegara/2016/05/17/valeant-hands-out-million-dollar-bonuses-to-top-execs-as-compensation-for-challenging-times/#8decb55723b2

According to Forbes, and we know this is common knowledge, they are paying millions of dollars in stock and cash to these morons who are partially responsible for destroying this company's revenue. Not only are these executives getting $$$, but apparently all managers that stayed on are due $80,000 each in retainment bonuses in November.

How are they going to cut our Employee Stock Purchase Program and lower our potential payouts, claiming they can't pay us these crazy dollars for not moving business, but they can give out free money for more people who don't deserve it.

Comment if you please........thanks.:eek:

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just another example of how terrible this company is and regardless of the "positive changes" as of late, it's still the same company at the core and will never turn around. How about they pay a bonus to the reps and managers that have stuck through all the BS?..not the idiots that contributed to the mess. I'm sure those employees (and their families) that were part of the layoffs are thrilled to hear this. Valeant is scum

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought after baseball Anne gave that great speech she should have been given a bonus, I was motivated.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have you not learned anything throughout the past year? This is Valeant. The only thing that changed was MP being forced out. These bonuses to senior management are a quick money grab while it's still there before they have to start reporting missed earnings in the near future. Taking care of themselves, as usual. If you're waiting on some exceptional offering to field sales, you'll be waiting a long time. Chances are you'll be offered a two week severance for your loyalty first.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with the above / except they did not "cut" our ESPP . It had to be halted as a result of the delay in filing of financials, stock freeze, etc. This should return next quarter. If you listen to AA the potential payouts are not lower-they are actually the same but at a smaller growth rate-Yea right.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These bonuses were give during MP era. Wouldn't happen now

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"We look forward to your continued contributions.
    Very truly yours,
    Joseph Papa"

-Source: the last page of the 8K filed 5/16 explaining bonuses

Again, have you not learned anything?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How 'about that Anne? On track to capitalize on a Home Run!:mad:

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And yet NOTHING for the people who bear the brunt of criticism from customers and patients in the field. You have no idea how hard it is out here being part of the most hated company in the industry. Why do you think so many of us are leaving?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, most hated in the industry! In the Diagnostic industry it's Theranos as most hated currently (RenaissanceRX, now out of business, was most hated before Theranos). Theranos has lost all credibility since late last year, nearly the same time frame and trajectory of Valeant's downward spiral.