Big June Layoff

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, May 22, 2015 at 5:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Peter R and Frank two big reasons R&D in the toilet. NOW THEY ARE IN CHARGE? The first one puts on the fear suit everyday as he has not forgotten the first time Novartis sent him packing. Dude is stuck in the 80's and has no clue what appropriate risk taking is. The second one tells anyone who will listen he knows Pharma which is a joke, he clearly doesn't know devices either.

We are doomed!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the intelligent staff were purged or quit. Now you will have politicians leading a bunch of green horns. JNJ and Cooper will continue to take your lunch.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do any of you still work here? Kate is a liar and has been since day 1. None of you are making goal. Most of the DM's are garbage and none of you are happy. Quit bitching and just leave. So happy I did and it kills me that some of you are afraid to leave.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kate? Kate who? We haven't heard her voice in forever. Can't figure out what she does.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I think is funny is you clueless clowns watch the same thing over and over and dont realize that it's downsizing 101 at Alcon. The next love will be radio silence from the dm team because they are told to shut up, and the hiring freeze will follow. Then a realignment meeting where the dms actually find out what is going on and then the phone call day.

I've seen it 3 times there. I've moved on and will laugh when all of you get laid off (sorry displaced!!!! Lol) and then call me looking for a job. Here's my answer "keep walking". It's all karma and when you bad mouth people and make up
    Lies I don't forgive. You know who you are. Too bad, so sad. Ftiggin clowns , you sell a 3rd version of patanol and a dopey ear drop and think you can sell anything!!!rofl

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No impact to field sales, word is further purging in R&D now that Sabrina is gone.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My dept has a meeting with our HR this week. Nobody knows why.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So field sales will or will not be impacted then?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it will be impacted. This place has turned into a joke. Everyone of quality has jumped ship. Lowest salaries in the industry. Bonus is a laugh. Why would anyone stay?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I need to know too because I have a dog.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's a bonus?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's field sales?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You better say yes sir and no sir. Get those v/b's and NEVER think for yourself!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to think what people said in cafe pharma was a joke and horrible. But the attitude about us from the doctors and the things that are being said about us in the field are becoming worse. Not true! We are great! The reputation/salesforce comments are ridiculous. People are just jealous because we are younger. Alcon is just as good as before and my dm said we are not losing our jobs. This is my first job out of college, it's a cakewalk , and I have time for tons of other stuff during my day. I can get my job done in 3 hrs a day. I could care less about moving into some competitive device or surgical sales company who doesn't hire Pharma reps. Stop hating people. And yes I'm female and YES I'm dating a dm here. Get over it. Alcon forever.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has it begun?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If JG should identify senior management that have been with the company for 3 or more years. Review what was to be accomplished and the $$$ spent versus what was actually accomplished.
    It will then be clear who needs to go. Management squandered share holders $$ (yes, this company is not yours - it belongs to the share holders), made life miserable for many, and caused long term damage to this company.

JG has a responsibility to share holders and needs to clean house. Where are all those that we're touting all the benefits and "synergies" of a new Alcon? Time for the post take over review to identify those that should be asked to resign.

JG should not accept exercises from any manager. Too many highly compensated managers that create problems rather than lead and manage. True leaders don't make excuses - they get results.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody gives a r*t's S about shareholders unless there is an activist shareholder who owns descent chunk of shares. And there isn't. The cherry-picked board is comfortably asleep. When Zeiss and AMO will make Alcon a #3 - then Novartis will quietly get rid of Alcon piece by piece and it will be over.

70% of acquisitions go bad. CEOs keep doing M&A because their compensation demands "growth". So they borrow money and "grow" through destroying perfectly good companies.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In that case, let's hope this accelerates down the road of Chiron. NVS bought it, screwed it up, and then sold it.

Excellent!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe Dodge & Cox and other institutional share holders will demand accountability and performance from over paid senior management. The worker bees never get a pass. Time for management to get report cards from share holders.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just made it super easy to figure out who you are! Now we know!