Big June Layoff

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, May 22, 2015 at 5:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why you get daffy dollars :)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was in the warehouse today and noticed a skid of boxes labeled hold till 6/15/15. I've never seen boxes labeled with a hold date. Large boxes the size needed to clean your shit out.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did it have "field sales" written on them?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All kidding aside how will this impact field sales? I have a family.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop wasting your time reading this. Fear is not a good way to live your life. You should ask yourself 2 questions:
    1) Do I enjoy what I'm doing right now?
    2) Am I fairly paid for what I actually do on a day to day basis?

If your answer was no to one of them take control of what's best for you and find another job. Remember the grass is not always greener on the other side. This is a part of the industry we all work in.

Goodnight.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's never the best performance stuff who is picked. If you don't carry the right balls you are gone on no time.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or sleeping with the right person...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Specially true in Asia

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When will they tell field sales?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope this actually does happen this time. I wouldn't mind having a long summer.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alcon home base lost a good one today. The rest of the managers should be scared. They'll have to start carrying their own weight instead of pawning it off on the other far more capable individuals. Good luck as the porcelain spiral continues.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who left??

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No samples or lunches for June. They are cutting costs so we make our numbers. Nothing new there. We will end the year on quota because they won't pay for marketing or bonuses to reps! Easy enough. Then they raise the goals again for the following year & sales fall due to cost cutting the previous quarter. it's a giant cycle & we are monkeys along for the ride.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I think is funny is you clueless clowns watch the same thing over and over and dont realize that it's downsizing 101 at Alcon. The next love will be radio silence from the dm team because they are told to shut up, and the hiring freeze will follow. Then a realignment meeting where the dms actually find out what is going on and then the phone call day.

I've seen it 3 times there. I've moved on and will laugh when all of you get laid off (sorry displaced!!!! Lol) and then call me looking for a job. Here's my answer "keep walking". It's all karma and when you bad mouth people and make up
    Lies I don't forgive. You know who you are. Too bad, so sad. Ftiggin clowns , you sell a 3rd version of patanol and a dopey ear drop and think you can sell anything!!!rofl

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hiring freeze already in place !

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will this impact field sales?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where are the new products? Way too much spent on R&D with zip to show for it . This isn't rocket science . If there are layoffs, those responsible for new products should be sacked.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any time is a good time to get out of this place. How about that 110 million dollar gender discrimination law suit? I guess this company does not learn from its mistakes.
    Why would any competent person want to stay here? If you are ambitious and talented, work for yourself.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

budget meeting nearly done, numbers looking dismal, sales are down, key performance indicators are off, further reductions in production numbers on key products to be announced making meeting targets across the board nearly impossible, the perfect shit storm is about to make landfall. better have a plan "B" in place, if it doesn't happen in July (right after the 2nd quarter results are announced) then it will definitely happen near the end of the 4th quarter.