Benefits for employees

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Jun 15, 2015 at 11:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am considering an offer with Boston Scientific an I am hoping an existing employee could tell me which carrier's health insurance is offered for employees in the US? Also most importantly does anyone know if any benefits for infertility are offered to cover services such as IVF and what the limits are on the benefits? I know this is a random specific question, but those benefits are a deal breaker for me and it is hard to get a specific answer not being an employee yet. I really appreciate any help!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could have written this post. I am in the EXACT same predicament you are. I'd appreciate clarity on this.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me, we don't want you!!!! I applaud women getting knocked up and raising children, but no one one your future team wants that?!?!? "Now I have to cover more cases because the new chick is "with child?" Ask about IVF in your interview...that way, you won't join my team!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, there are fertility benefits including IVF. I believe the maximum benefit is around $10,000.00.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, great. so the OP is going to take the job, get prego on the company's dime, have the kid, go on maternity, and then not come back. Awesome.

Stop looking for work, have your kid, then figure out your life. Show some maturity, and stop looking for a corporate sugar daddy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you get preggers on the job your RM gets the "Right of Prima Nocta". It's only fair as you are on his OPEX sheet draining his region of money and ruining his bonus potential.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, and I realize that's a wedding rite but times have changed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What makes you think the OP or myself, the 2nd poster, is a woman? You don't think a man would have infertility problems? Geez, and you are in the healthcare profession? Stop being so narrow minded. IVF benefits are extremely rare and to have them available for people like my wife and I are irreplaceable. If not for the IVF benefits from my current company we wouldn't have our precious son. Show a little compassion

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cafepharma is a soulless lady. Do not look for compassion on the streets of CP.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No greater truth has ever been told.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow,

I've recently wondered this same question from the OP. However, I'm looking down the road, thinking of IVF in about 2 1/2- 3 1/2 years. And I'm looking for longevity with BSX. With 3 kids already, and been in this industry for 7 years, I think only twice EVER I had a personal - child conflict, and both were just for a few hours on the day.

What kind of ignorant male pig first thought is if a working career women who has a children, or is planning to have one (regardless of needing or not needing IVF) won't have the same dedication to their job and hit & exceed all their sales quotas?

My guess, a male who has little man syndrome in his groin area- or has a shitty wife- or is just a complete A$$ hole

Get a life, and stop feeling threatened by female working mothers who blow your sales numbers of the charts

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn't have said it better! Glad you brought that up.