Belsomra launch

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Aug 12, 2015 at 5:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm beginning to think that this product may not work as good as we hoped. No one is impressed. What do you think?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the DTC sucks. Ads are distracting. Who approved them?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the TV ad is crappy. Stick figure kittens and puppies? No cuddles in them, but yet Merck is pushing how fuzzy wuzzy these critters really are....Snuggle with them and take the our products for sleep?

Two strikes and soon to be out!

Stick to a massage, warm milk and counting sheep...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Half Truth. The real issue is, we're trying to sell a population of people that some Docs view as Drug Seekers. Not all but MOST of these patients are HOOKED on the other Sleep Meds they've tried & they crave the Zombie effect. An Addict, is an Addict. That's the challenge!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree! The TV Ad, should've focused on Safety Data (No evidence of Dependance). The Average American has heard that Sleeping Pills can be addictive. Soooo Duh...No Dependence, is a 'layup' selling point for a tv commercial!!!

Just read on a Sleeping Pill Addiction website, "If they were to stop using these sleeping pills they would not only have to battle a mental compulsion, but also go through physical withdrawal symptoms." Guess it's too genius to make an Ad, that even an Idiot can understand by differentiating our Sleep Med as the new one with no risk of dependence.

The Average American, won't comprehend Wake vs Sleep Signals. Hell, our Docs are still trying to wrap their mind around Wake vs Sleep signaling & they're in the Medical Profession. But if the Average American knew our drug had no evidence of dependence then more patients would be willing to endure the withdrawals from their previous sleep med & our Med a fair chance.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on! Hence, why in the study ALL patients went through a Washout Period, before starting Belsomra. Gaining agreement on a patient washout period in the real world, is as wishful as finding a Pot of Gold at the end of a Rainbow. It's Never going to happen!!! So yes, OP, this product will never work as good as we hoped & HPCs will continue to be un-impressed.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good Luck & Happy Selling!!!

Getting to the end of a rainbow, to take a leprechaun’s pot of gold — is not such an easy thing to do! As you move toward the pot of gold, the rainbow that your eyes see moves as well. The rainbow’s end, and its elusive pot of gold, will always seem to move away from you at the same rate that you approach it.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the DTC ad is not very good. It takes a lot of attention (which most viewers don't have) to follow, and the sleep/wake creatures are not terribly appealing. For whatever huge amount of money it must have cost, seems like they could have done better.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. The shingles ads are examples of effective ads. After 30 seconds, people know they don't want shingles and can't wait to get the vaccine. After 60 seconds with the Sleep ad, people are debating if those creatures are cats or dogs. Trying to be too cute and creative missed its mark. Time to reset.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

U make me tired!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It doesn't matter if the DTC is good or not good. The issue we're having in the field is a lack of refills. Patients try it & then they tell their Doctor, it doesn't work!!! This isn't a marketing issue, it's a clinical outcomes issue.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Launch?" Is that what you call it?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember when we would hear "we've learned a lot from the Dulera launch"? Well apparently not!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its amazing how Merck will push out the best workers... aka the one's who keep policy, put in the time (and repeated bouts of overtime), energy, sweat and toil....

Then they'll turn the other way for those who cut every corner, come to field late and leave early....and get ding, ding, ding on driving and policy violations.

Bottom line.....AK 'cause you're either golden pass worthy.......or, you're out the door!

Being a good Joe or Jane ain't getting 'ya nowhere around here!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The drug is scheduled by the DEA because FDA studies did deem it as a drug that can potentially be addicting. So, that was a huge advantage that was lost. Also, from personal experience, I tried it and it did not work for me. Unisom worked better. :-(

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I like my cup of herbal sleep tea and sooothing lullaby music...;) WORKS!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 key indicators that a new drug will have a successful launch in the U.S. 1) HCPs are asking about it before it is approved/launched. 2) Soon after launch, HCPS are seeing significant clinical success with the new drug over the previously available treatment options and utilization expands exponentially.

How do these 2 indicators apply to Belsomra?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you spell "Belsomra"?

Y-A-W-N

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on! We all know the answer to your question. My question is, what does that mean for us? Zetia/Vytorin will soon be generic & Belsomra is a dud. So what's are future?

I hear some of the Belsomra contract reps have higher base salaries than some of us.