Begging anyone in Merck to get rid of Doug Skold!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2009 at 12:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Skold still with Merck & flying to his district every week? If so, how does upper management justify this when we have been getting cut?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on, don't you know how critically important and valuable managers are? This company would fall apart if you interfere with the CTL brain trust who's vital tasks include...um...well.... and then there's.... Oh, you know what I'm talking about

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on! This manager has serious issues. He acts like he's the best CTL in the region but he doesn't have a clue.

I remember once he told me how long he prepared for my YER and the processes involved in the evaluation. Actually all he really did was cut and paste some info and tossed in some Merckisms for good measure. When I asked about specific items in the YER and where they came from, the look on his face told the whole story. He didn't have a clue! He mumbled and back peddled while trying to think of something intelligent to say. He turned into a bumbling mess! So funny, priceless & epic! But yet it is so sad that Stevens has him in a "leadership" position that he is not at all capable to handle.

He tries to offset his mental shortcomings through fear and intimidation. I can't believe there hasn't been a major lawsuit with him yet. I would think HR has to know about him.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe that this is still happening in 2014. Do we have an update?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ever watch "fight club"?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This clueless Cowboy manager is working because "My Hair is on Fire" knows nothing about sales management or people management. Fire both NOW.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For some reason middle management is a magnet for narcissistic, insecure little pricks like this. Their mastery at spewing BS, and inflating their accomplishments and abilities like puffer fish, is rivaled only by their expertise at belittling and harassing those that work under them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is nothing new. Years ago Skold managed territories in the Dakotas while living in Colorado. Why does it happen, because he gets the job done, unlike most of the disgruntled reps on Cafe Pharma.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi doug. You're ugly.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is a pathetic human being. By far the worse manager I've ever worked for. "He gets the job done" What? Really? He has done nothing in his new assignment. NOTHING. I'm so glad I no longer report to this POS.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree! I'm sooooooooo glad I no longer have to report to this ass. Having him as my manager was really having an effect on my marriage, health and being a good parent. He is the worse manager that I have ever had. I have seen his carnage and it's not pretty. How he sleeps at night is beyond me.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me feelings exactly!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as Stevens is around, Skold will be around....same philosophy and same lack of understanding for hospital business.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Skold is just a yes man for Stevens. Nothing more, nothing less. Mark Stevens lets Skold manage reps that aren't in his time zone! How does this happen?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did Doug survive the cuts? If so, are we still letting him fly around the country to do his "job"?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There ya go!

Because he "performs" orally on boners both big & small, he gets a free pass!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen! A seperation package is in order, fast!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HI. Just found out this fine gentleman in question is going to be my new manager. After reading these posts, I'm a little worried. Any tips on working well with him? Any specifics on his prior "HR violations" or PIP problems?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the status on this poor excuse for a manager? He used to give me the willies on field visits back in the day.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doug, you must be doing everything correctly. Too bad that you have to associate and interact with such low lives. Best to you!