Be careful people...terminations

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Apr 2, 2015 at 4:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is what I have gotten so far (Sorry, I don't have names):

The Dallas Manager, one of the two Houston Managers, the San Antonio Manager, and an Acct Manager based in Houston were terminated. Those are all obviously in Kregers zone. I haven't heard anything else from any other zone in the country. Only Texas has been confirmed.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait- the company fired them because they had information that would allow them to be trained earlier and more thoroughly? Hell, you cant have that!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has nothing to do with the WHAT they did. It's HOW they went about it. Whether you want to believe it or not, it was unethical. Go ahead and say the company is unethical and it was to be expected but in the end, if they think you cheated, they have the right to fire you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since you espouse their greatness, can you list qualities that make this company so special and great to work for? Or is it that you suffer from a common case of Applied punch drunk love?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unethical? Bullshit. I have worked for numerous companies and am now a director for another company. I would absolutely tell any new hire to reach out to current tenured reps and get copies of the study guide and old tests to learn the material. If they happened to get a copy of a test coming on so the hell what. I want them to learn the material.

The point is to learn the material any and all ways possible to be able to do the best job selling. This isn't college where you are earning a degree. The end goal is knowledge and how you get a retain that knowledge is irrelevant (other than breaking the law).

BTW these same idiots who wanted these reps fired what do you think they would do if they came across some secret material from Covidien or Ethicon? Think they would do the ethical thing and return it unread to those companies? Hell no they wouldn't.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alright got some updated info. Can't say I am 100% sure it is correct, but sounds like it may be. What I heard was that certification tests were coming up to make sure that people know what they are supposed to since they are in the OR. Heard that the managers sent actual copies of the certification tests with the answers prior to them taking it so that it would not test whether or not they knew it, but rather they could just memorize the answers.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well you are not 100% correct. I am well informed and can attest the test was sent, but the answers were not (in atleast one district). So this not so different than what this company has done the entire time. Give you the material you will be tested on and have you find the answers. That is why this whole thing is suspect...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So confusing because the entire training class I attended, as well as, every other class, was IN FACT given the answers by the entire training team! Every night after training all we did was memorize the answers!!!!! Was that about cheating? This company is a freakin' debacle!!! Ownership is not worried about the morons from Covidien who are running the show!!!!! But they're worried about this!!!! What a joke!!! Time to sue the shit out of this company and give it back what it deserves! Funny that they are not worried about the abusive "zone manager" who crosses the line every single day!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I no longer work for Applied (in fact, I left a long time ago for greener pastures), but I come onto this website from time to time to see what everyone is up to. I can honestly say I am not surprised that Applied Medical is still pulling crap like this (whatever the true story is, it's evident it's the same 'ol, same 'ol story). I hope those that were terminated find better jobs. Rest assured, you probably will eventually. Regardless of if you drank the Applied Kool Aid, gave it your all and were one of the good 'ol boys, I will tell you that there are many better companies out there. Applied is not taken seriously by doctors, hospital staff, materials managers or purchasing departments. In fact, I would challenge all of you to not only sue Applied for whatever you can, but hit them where it really hurts.......in the bank account. Go after them hard in the OR and damage their reputation, take their business, take their reps, do whatever you need to do. God speed and good luck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG!!!!!! are you fucking kidding me? What's wrong with this company? WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD'NT YOU WANT YOUR PEOPLE TO DO WELL IN TRAINING....THEY ARE JUST GETTING AHEAD OF THE GAME. I'm actually headed to Dallas for a "Pre" training session from my region with the National trainer to prepare me for a 200 question test I have next Friday..He has all the answers to the test and is sharing them with the region so we look good coming out of training. Corporate doesn't give a shit!!!!!! They want us to do well...FUCK!!

I hope the people involved goes out and gets an Attorney. I doubt there is anything in writing that states you can't share study materials or old test....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The question is: are reps given a Certificate of Product Competence after the training? if so, this is what is at the root of the chaos.. If these reps were given these and they are not competent, then the company would be liable in the event of any issues.. Its the lawyers driving it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blaire Seeyle got canned. HAHA

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is stupid enough to post on CafePharma from a company computer??
    Also you all seem to have way too much time on your hands seeing the number of posts on this single topic!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, here we are months later and still nobody knows anything about who got fired...other than Blayr?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then why did this unethical company wait until the next qtr to do it??? They wanted to make sure they got their quotas in. Do the right thing all the time, right Said? As long as it's after the next qtr end and only bc of lawsuit in HST.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are all working for competitors and stealing their old reps

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. The rep in HST hired an attorney after he got fired for sharing a test with new TMAs in training. So now applied is firing all the mgrs who have don the same.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TRUE!!!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+1. Hypocrites